Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's Big Trip to The Homeland park!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by jaymie Here are some things I think you should definately not miss........ Alice in Wonderland ride Pinocchio's Daring Journey Mr. Toad IASW Toontown (it's better I think) ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymie View Post
    Here are some things I think you should definately not miss........

Alice in Wonderland ride
    Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    Mr. Toad
    IASW
    Toontown (it's better I think)
    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
    Finding Nemo Submarines
    Check out the castle, I think you can do a walk through and see some cool Sleeping Beauty stuff.
    New Orleans Square
    POTC
    HM
    Columbia Ship
    Tarzan's Treehouse
    Indiana Jones Ride
    Jungle Cruise
    Materhorn!
    Space Mountain
    Buzz Lightyear
    California Screamin'
    Hollywood Backlot
    Magic of Disney Animation
    Monster's Inc Ride
    Pretty much all of DCA!!LOL! It's like visiting the whole state of California in one park.

Are you going to stay in LA or are you going other places?
    Thanks Jaymie

Were staying in Irvine but will go to LA and some of the beaches but where not going anywhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I never got to see Cartoon spin and the line was way too long for Nemo.

I forgot about Monsters Inc! Cute ride. Also, nothing like Soarin' over California while IN California!
    I can't wait to ride Soarin' while in California!!
    I forgot some:

Main Street Cinema
    Story Book Land Canal Boats
    Apparently there is a Disneyland 50 years museum on Main Street as well
    Tiki Room!!!!!

Here is what is in Toontown:

Chip 'n Dale Treehouse (opened 1993) A treehouse based on Chip 'n Dale.
    Donald's Boat (opened 1993) A large landed boat such as Donald Duck might have. It is named Miss Daisy after Daisy Duck. Gadget's Go Coaster (opened 1993) A roller coaster constructed to appear as if it had been pieced together from human objects by the character Gadget from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers.
    Goofy's Playhouse (opened 2006) A playground for kids based on Goofy's house (which used to be a bouncehouse).
    Mickey's House and Meet Mickey (opened 1993) Mickey's house. At the end the guests enter his "movie barn", where they have an opportunity to meet with him.
    Minnie's House (opened 1993) Minnie's house, where guests could meet Minnie Mouse herself until 2004, when visitors can meet her strolling around Mickey's Toontown.
    Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (opened 1994) A combination of the standard dark ride and the Mad Tea Party. Guests ride in a car resembling Benny the Taxi from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, named Lenny, and travel through a storyline that somewhat resembles that of the film.

I like it better because it actually looks like the town where Mickey and Minnie live rather than a Fair.

I hope that helps. I've been to Disneyland a lot more than I've been to WDW. So if you need more advice let me know!
    Thanks again.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    You're welcome! I'm so jealous! It's been a long time since I went to Disneyland! Enjoy the beach too!
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    My advice: TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story youre immersed in. - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from OJoe

You're welcome! I'm so jealous! It's been a long time since I went to Disneyland! Enjoy the beach too!
    Thanks, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    My advice: TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I can't wait!! I found a site with the address of the Stars on Hollywood Blvd.!!! I want to see Mickey Mouse's , Walt Disney's, Johnny Depp's, My mom will want to see Elvis's I would think, I don't know who my dad will want to see, but boy I can't wait to tell them about it!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Be sure to check out the El Capitain Theatre too!
    - Jaymie

what's that?
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

It's the theatre where a lot of Disney Movies premiered. It's near the Chinese Theatre where all of the stars are. I think they usually have a Disney movie playing there.

I just checked out the website The El Capitan Theatre -- The Official Home Page and it says that Pinocchio is playing right now. I also saw something about having breakfast with Mickey and Minnie on Saturdays and Sundays before watching the 10am show. There is a Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store there as well. Sounds cool.

Last time I went there there was just a Disney Store next to it!
    - Jaymie

Here's a link for the Soda Fountain.

Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store
    - Jaymie

Cool Thanks!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

We've made our reservations!! Flying out at 7:30am and getting there 2:00pm!!! Were staying at the Embassy Suites Santa Ana, CA. It looks like the contemporary inside the atrium!! It's really nice looking and close to just about everything!! YAY!!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I just ordered my dvd for WDW & received it in 10 days. Glad everything else is going to plan. You will have a wonderful time. Just remember to take time & take everying in while you are walking around so you are able to remember everything. So excited for you.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Thanks!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    and I posted this on the wrong thread. Have you read the thread Big People Problems under special needs? Anyhow, I'll re-post, since my fever is still interfering with my ability to post correctly.

Oh Tiff, so happy you are getting to go. Sure hope you get the 2 day hopper. We've tried to do it in a day, it is just to difficult to get it all in and we wound up upgrading the ticket to a two day, that way you can enjoy yourself.

I love the Small World so much more at Disneyland!

And here is a link to all Ears that may help you with your other concerns.
    Remember if you are in doubt ask a CM and they will take you off stage for demo seating, out of view from all. This All Ears site also links to Pass Porters book. WDW At Large - One Size Does Not Fit All!

There is plenty to do in that area. We slept on the Queen Mary and ate there too. Drove to Newport Beach. Saw the Stars, remember to look at the people looking at the stars, it is funny.

DH and I have yet to take our kids to Disneyland, it is still on our to do list, I best hurry. Can't wait to hear details of your plans and trip.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Tiff,

During the week the parks are relatively crowd free so wait times should be low. However if you are there on a week-end crowds will be heavy. Disneyland relies on "locals" for most of their business.

If it is raining several rides will not be operating such as the tea cups (no roof) or Alice (parts of it go outside).
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast