Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's Big Trip to The Homeland park!! in the Vacation Planning forums; I will, I'll have full details! lol...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I will, I'll have full details! lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

11 days!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Yeah I talked to her about that when we called and she said that they would discuss buying 2 days park hopper passes for her and I and just one day for my Dad. I sure hope so because we need things to do besides swimming and going to the beach while he's working.

My only concern now is the seating on some of the rides, I have a wide bum lol and don't want to be embarrassed if I have a hard time getting on some rides. The one's that most concern me is Space Mountain, and the Matterhorn. Can you tell me what the seats are like C?

I'm looking forward to IaSW with the new characters in it! And I'm hoping POTC will be open when we go, I'm thinking it's down for a refurb soon. Thanks for any help!
    Materhorn ride cars are like bobsleds and that attraction is very, very, cool. Keep your eyes open and check out the views from the various "doors" cut into the mountain. Best I remember, Matterhorn has/had a basketball court built somewhere in it's interior. So take a lot of photos and you can check for ride scale and se if you can figure out where.

Oh, and be on the lookout for celebs and their kids-many celebs a day visit the parks as incognito as possible, we saw Henry Winkler and family and several soap opera stars last time I was there. Most of the Disney channel starts are there at various times thru the week and many of the young hollyweirds go there often.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Tiffany, don't sweat the flying part-it is awesome. Get a window seat and look at the amazing changing landscape of America as it passes beneath you. Farms and cities and historical places depending on which route you could go over the grand canyon, or Lake Tahoe, the giant sequoias (sp?) or the salt flats of Utah.

Also, tell the stewardesses that this is your first flight and ask if they will tell you the route and if they can point out anything beneath you that is of interest. Normally, the pilots do this anyway, but a great flight crew will give you a set of wings, and let you know when something cool is coming up. You can get some great camera shots from the airplane windows as well, and I know you love to take photos.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Materhorn ride cars are like bobsleds and that attraction is very, very, cool. Keep your eyes open and check out the views from the various "doors" cut into the mountain. Best I remember, Matterhorn has/had a basketball court built somewhere in it's interior. So take a lot of photos and you can check for ride scale and se if you can figure out where.

Oh, and be on the lookout for celebs and their kids-many celebs a day visit the parks as incognito as possible, we saw Henry Winkle and family and several soap opera stars last time I was there. Most of the Disney channel starts are there at various times Thur the week and many of the young holly weirds go there often.
    Thanks, yes I remember there is a basketball court close to the top of the ride.
    I'll keep a look out for any Cele's, that would be so cool! Holly weirds that's great
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin View Post
    Tiffany, don't sweat the flying part-it is awesome. Get a window seat and look at the amazing changing landscape of America as it passes beneath you. Farms and cities and historical places depending on which route you could go over the grand canyon, or Lake Tahoe, the giant sequoias (Sp?) or the salt flats of Utah.

Also, tell the stewardesses that this is your first flight and ask if they will tell you the route and if they can point out anything beneath you that is of interest. Normally, the pilots do this anyway, but a great flight crew will give you a set of wings, and let you know when something cool is coming up. You can get some great camera shots from the airplane windows as well, and I know you love to take photos.
    Thanks, I have a window seat all the way except one flight from Minnesota to California, we have to check 24 hours ahead of time to get seats, only one of us has a seat..
    thanks for the tips
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

I think reality is just starting to set in... I mean I've know for a while now that I WAS going to California but just this morning I had this moment where it's setting in. I've been on cloud nine for the longest time now, fluttering about getting reservations for airlines, hotel and rental car. And reading all about Disneyland, looking at pictures. Watching the Vacation planning DVD for Disneyland. It hasn't seemed real. Now just 10 days away from flying high in the sky it's hit me!
    I'm going to Disneyland!!!

I will be flying across country to California! I'll be in Hollywood next Saturday!! And Disneyland on Sunday!! And again with my mom on Monday! I can't wait to walk through the train station and see that small castle! It doesn't matter how small it is but that it was Designed by WALT him self! This is his park! and I'll be crying like a baby while walking down main street. The same street Walt walked down and riding the same rides Walt road! And thinking just how privileged that I'm in the original park! And knowing that no one else in my family has been to Disneyland! I'm crying as I'm writing this!
    I'll be walking on the beaches where celebrities have walked! Seeing Walt Disney's Star on Hollywood blvd. Mickey's star too! Johnny Depp's and several others!
    I'll see Walt Disney Studios! And that Hollywood sign I have seen so many times on TV. This felling is just amazing!!!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Oh, you are excited. That is great to hear. I was the same way when I went in 1990 & took my daughter for the first time. It was wonderful. You will have so much fun. Just take a deep breathe & try to relax. Don't want you to not see everything with the water fall from your eyes. We want you to enjoy every moment. Have fun!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Oh, you are excited. That is great to hear. I was the same way when I went in 1990 & took my daughter for the first time. It was wonderful. You will have so much fun. Just take a deep breathe & try to relax. Don't want you to not see everything with the water fall from your eyes. We want you to enjoy every moment. Have fun!
    I'll try to contain my tears lol but I can't promise anything
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

EeyoresBuddy is offline 'till "Tomorrow"
    Single figure days TiffYou sound soooo excited, rightly so!!
    Love reading all you thoughts etc pre trip and looking forward to all your pics and report post trip I know you will have a great time, I'm so envious

x Joan x
    8 Vacations to WDW between 1989 and 2010 & 2 Trips to DLP

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBuddy View Post
    Single figure days TiffYou sound soooo excited, rightly so!!
    Love reading all you thoughts etc pre trip and looking forward to all your pics and report post trip I know you will have a great time, I'm so envious

YAY time for the single digit dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    YAY time for the single digit dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't wait for your trip report on this girl. You're so excited that I'm getting excited for you. I want to live vicariously through you on this one. My goal is to get to Disneyland before I'm 40 and if not, I'm finding a way to do it on my 40th birthday. That gives me almost 8 years exactly (ugh) so in the meantime, anyone else who goes is taking a little piece of my desire to do so with them.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story youre immersed in. - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from OJoe

Thanks Jenn! I can't wait to hear your TR from your next trip!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

My mom and I ended up buying 3 day tickets instead of 2. We got in at the Child's Price since we did 3 day park hopper tickets. $6 difference in 2 days and 3! Yippee!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sorry I'm just barely reading this.

Sorry Tiff that I am just barely reading your post. I'm sure you just can't wait to get to DLCA. I just got back from CA and a day at Disneyland myself. Here are a couple of tips for you.

1. There is a chance of rain at this time. We went on the 17th and it rained for the first two hours the park was open. But, we had our rain coats from WDW handy and braved the rain like troopers. You may want to take some warm clothes as well, for it can get cold especially at night.
    2. With the Matterhorn, it is a ride in pairs ride. Don't be afraid to ask for a seat for yourself. There are a set of seatbelts where one is longer then the other. On a prior trip, I had Jacque' sitting in front of me. I grabbed the longer belt and she took the shorter belt. She was very uncomfortable throughout the ride. This time, we went ahead and asked if we could sit in the same car, but one person per seat. No problem.
    3. Try to make a point to go to the Blue Bayou at New Orleans Square. Call in advance to get ADR's. It is a little pricey, but well worth it. Not only is the food excellent, but eating there in the PotC is worth the price of admission. And if you don't mind waiting a few minutes, ask for a water front table. The reward is well worth the wait.
    4. My plan of attack for the park. Get there when they open, go get a Fast Pass for either Space Mountain or Indiana Jones then go to either the Submarine Ride with Nemo or Peter Pan's Flight that does not offer Fast Pass. Do be careful when getting into the Sub. The steps are very narrow (I almost fell down the steps because my feet are so big on the steps!)

That's about it. Hope you get some CA sun and can't wait for the post trip report.

Eric

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Thanks for the Tips Eric! Hope you had a great time in CA!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast