Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's Big Trip to The Homeland park!! in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm heading out Feb 28th to Disneyland CA!!! I can't wait to walk in Walt's Path for a day or so and see Disneyland for myself!!! Any advice for me? ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Talking Lilo88's Big Trip to Disneyland CA!!!

I'm heading out Feb 28th to Disneyland CA!!! I can't wait to walk in Walt's Path for a day or so and see Disneyland for myself!!! Any advice for me? I've never flown before in big plane and I have never been the west coast! CAN'T WAIT!!!!
    Last edited by lilo88; 02-03-2009 at 06:18 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Is it a direct flight?

You'll only have one day in the parks? Show up for rope drop so you can cram as much as you can, depending how busy it is you could probably see everything in two days, I'd hit the rides that you can't find at WDW, Fantasyland has a few like Alice and Mr Toad's.

Definitely ride the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, California Screamin, PotC, HM and even IaSW. Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. Oh, and Indy!!! How can I forget that one..... Oh and the Tiki room, they still have the original version which I prefer to Iago and the goddess's shenanigans. For a great lunch, go to El Rancho del Zocalo (if you like Mexican food, that is). For some reason the restaurants closed early a night we were there, not sure why but might be worth checking if you'll plan on closing the park.

Try the churros, they are so much better in DL!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Have a great time lilo, that is my dream trip......maybe next year! I listen to a DL podcast and they are always talking about the Blue Bayou restaurant as a must do. You get to watch the boats from POTC
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Is it a direct flight?

You'll only have one day in the parks? Show up for rope drop so you can cram as much as you can, depending how busy it is you could probably see everything in two days, I'd hit the rides that you can't find at WDW, Fantasyland has a few like Alice and Mr Toad's.

Definitely ride the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, California Screamin, PotC, HM and even IaSW. Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment. Oh, and Indy!!! How can I forget that one..... Oh and the Tiki room, they still have the original version which I prefer to Iago and the goddess's shenanigans. For a great lunch, go to El Rancho del Zocalo (if you like Mexican food, that is). For some reason the restaurants closed early a night we were there, not sure why but might be worth checking if you'll plan on closing the park.

Try the churros, they are so much better in DL!
    nope, not a Direct flight . I want two days in the parks but my dad also wants to see some other things before he starts work on Monday. I'm going to run like mad to all the rides that WDW doesn't have first. I'm really excited about everything though. Thanks for the tips C!

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    Have a great time lilo, that is my dream trip......maybe next year! I listen to a DL podcast and they are always talking about the Blue Bayou restaurant as a must do. You get to watch the boats from POTC
    Thank you, I really hope I do have a great time. Thank you for the tip also GIOny.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Just found out from my mom that she can go with us!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Great! Then maybe you and mom can spend more time in the parks while dad works? Look up the list of attractions and make a list of those you absolutely want to ride.

Use FastPasses when available, SM had a looooong wait, I remember that, the rest was not bad at all.

California Screamin' was down a lot too. Ride-wise, I love that one so much more than RnRC, although the theming is better at DHS.

New Orleans Square is neat since there isn't anything like that in WDW, Adventureland is compact and always crammed with people.

There is also Pinocchio's Daring Journey and the Storybook Canal boats in Fantasyland.

Yeah I talked to her about that when we called and she said that they would discuss buying 2 days park hopper passes for her and I and just one day for my Dad. I sure hope so because we need things to do besides swimming and going to the beach while he's working.

My only concern now is the seating on some of the rides, I have a wide bum lol and don't want to be embarrassed if I have a hard time getting on some rides. The one's that most concern me is Space Mountain, and the Matterhorn. Can you tell me what the seats are like C?

I'm looking forward to IaSW with the new characters in it! And I'm hoping POTC will be open when we go, I'm thinking it's down for a refurb soon. Thanks for any help!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

EeyoresBuddy is offline 'till "Tomorrow"
    Sooooo exciting.....I am so envious!

I know you will have a great time, looking forward to hearing all about it.
    Last edited by EeyoresBuddy; 02-04-2009 at 03:23 PM.

x Joan x
    8 Vacations to WDW between 1989 and 2010 & 2 Trips to DLP

Thanks Joan!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Matterhorn seats are made for two, one in front of the other, you share a seat, thankfully I had a nice someone to lean on, hee hee! I guess you could always sit by yourself if you wanted to.

Space Mountain is two by two, not like the one at WDW, maybe look up some photos online, I don't remember exactly how the seats were.

Thanks
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

I'm feeling pretty good about the rides now, WDW is fat friendly lol so I'm imagining DL will also be.

Plane tickets will be bought Saturday along with Hotel reservations made and rental car reservations also. Soon after park tickets will be bought. Mom and I are buying 2 day park hopper passes and my Dad is buying a one day park hopper pass.

I've ordered a vacation planning DVD from Disneyland and it will be here in about 2 or 3 weeks, so hopefully we will get it before we leave. *fingers crossed*!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    Here are some things I think you should definately not miss........

Alice in Wonderland ride
    Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    Mr. Toad
    IASW
    Toontown (it's better I think)
    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
    Finding Nemo Submarines
    Check out the castle, I think you can do a walk through and see some cool Sleeping Beauty stuff.
    New Orleans Square
    POTC
    HM
    Columbia Ship
    Tarzan's Treehouse
    Indiana Jones Ride
    Jungle Cruise
    Materhorn!
    Space Mountain
    Buzz Lightyear
    California Screamin'
    Hollywood Backlot
    Magic of Disney Animation
    Monster's Inc Ride
    Pretty much all of DCA!!LOL! It's like visiting the whole state of California in one park.

Are you going to stay in LA or are you going other places?
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymie View Post
    Here are some things I think you should definately not miss........

Toontown (it's better I think)
    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
    Finding Nemo Submarines

Monster's Inc Ride
    I never got to see Cartoon spin and the line was way too long for Nemo.

I forgot about Monsters Inc! Cute ride. Also, nothing like Soarin' over California while IN California!

jaymie is offline You can fly!
    I forgot some:

Main Street Cinema
    Story Book Land Canal Boats
    Apparently there is a Disneyland 50 years museum on Main Street as well
    Tiki Room!!!!!

Here is what is in Toontown:

Chip 'n Dale Treehouse (opened 1993) A treehouse based on Chip 'n Dale.
    Donald's Boat (opened 1993) A large landed boat such as Donald Duck might have. It is named Miss Daisy after Daisy Duck. Gadget's Go Coaster (opened 1993) A roller coaster constructed to appear as if it had been pieced together from human objects by the character Gadget from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers.
    Goofy's Playhouse (opened 2006) A playground for kids based on Goofy's house (which used to be a bouncehouse).
    Mickey's House and Meet Mickey (opened 1993) Mickey's house. At the end the guests enter his "movie barn", where they have an opportunity to meet with him.
    Minnie's House (opened 1993) Minnie's house, where guests could meet Minnie Mouse herself until 2004, when visitors can meet her strolling around Mickey's Toontown.
    Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (opened 1994) A combination of the standard dark ride and the Mad Tea Party. Guests ride in a car resembling Benny the Taxi from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, named Lenny, and travel through a storyline that somewhat resembles that of the film.

I like it better because it actually looks like the town where Mickey and Minnie live rather than a Fair.

I hope that helps. I've been to Disneyland a lot more than I've been to WDW. So if you need more advice let me know!
    - Jaymie

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast