Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Long Overdue Trip Report - Day 3 in the Vacation Planning forums; You'll see here that I've included little trip videos along the way. I recommend launching each video and clicking "Watch in HD". Trust me on this one. Because they were ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Jenn's Long Overdue Trip Report - Day 3

You'll see here that I've included little trip videos along the way. I recommend launching each video and clicking "Watch in HD". Trust me on this one. Because they were filmed at 720p, the standard display on YouTube is horrible! Enjoy!

Day 3

Day 3 was supposed to begin with an early breakfast at 'Ohana. After the late night at the MK the night before though, we decided to skip it and sleep in a bit. We figured we'd still be able to get to Epcot before EMH were over and we'd have a relaxing morning instead of a rushed one.

Once everyone was up and ready to go, we hopped the boat to the Contemporary. From there we jumped onto the monorail to the T&TC and then onto the Epcot monorail.

YouTube - Monorail to Epcot (HD)

We arrived just as the park had finished it's "opening" to all guests. Here there were two new attractions we knew we just HAD to hit now that Aaron was 40" tall... Test Track and Soarin'. We headed over toward the land to pick up some fast passes and then back toward test track. We had maybe a 2 minute wait in line and we're in. Aaron LOVED Test Track. He came off of it smiling and excited and this, like the morning before, set the tone for the rest of the day.

YouTube - Test Track (HD)

After Test Track we headed over to The Seas. We hit the Nemo "ride" and then spent some time wandering around in the pavilion. We even caught the entire diver shower which was great.

YouTube - The Seas with Nemo & Friends (HD)

After The Seas we headed over to the Land for some breakfast and a ride on Living with the Land. Then over to Imagination.

YouTube - Imagination Pavilion (HD)

Then it was time to use our Soarin' fastpasses. I was so excited about this. This was one of Bill and I's favorite attractions but then when Aaron was born we had to stop riding it. It'd been awhile so we couldn't wait. Neither could Aaron. He kept saying he was going to fly like Buzz Lightyear!

He LOVED it!

YouTube - Aaron Waitng for Soarin' (HD)

After Soarin' we decided to head back to the resort for another nap for the boys and some lunch. First though, we had to hit SSE.

Bill and Aaron rode together and I sat in the back just taking in what is still my favorite attraction on property. Aaron loves it too. When you ask him what's at Epcot he says "Spaceship Earth!"

YouTube - Bill & Aaron's Future

Then it was back to the resort via the monorail to the T&TC.

After lunch and a nice long nap we headed back to Epcot. Aaron decided he didn't want to ride Soarin' again (he's funny like that) so we headed back to the World Showcase to hit the Gran Fiesta Tour. Then we realized we were hungry.

We decided to have dinner at the Cantina de San Angel. This worked out PERFECTLY because we got a table for Illuminations. It wasn't against the fence but it was still a great view.

After Illuminations it was time to head back to the resort... but not before hopping on SSE one last time.

YouTube - Jenn & Aaron's Future

All in all this was a GREAT trip but it was just way too short. I thank my mother big time (corkins441) for helping us to make this trip a reality! We left with a refreshed desire to spend all our days on property and a saddened pit in our stomach when we look at our account balance.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-10-2009 at 01:21 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great TR Jenn, I loved the videos!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    How cool that you included videos! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to watch them after work.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Great TR! I loved reading and the videos were fun to watch
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thanks all! I thought videos instead of just a bunch of stills would be fun this time around. I REALLY enjoyed using my new camera!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    How did you get the source video from SSE? Is there an option to email after the ride or something?
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    How did you get the source video from SSE? Is there an option to email after the ride or something?
    Yep at the end in the post show. There are kiosks all around the "globe". They used to just send you a still image. Now they send you the still and a link to download the video.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Cool, I'll have to remember that next time!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

I'm guessing since this is Day 3....there must be a Day 2 and 1 so I'm gonna go look for those first!

Yeah y'know I should edit them to include links to the previous days huh?