Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Pre-Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; "What? Huh? Didn't you just post your trip report? Why are you posting a pre-trip report now?" Well wonderful fellow DWT member asking me a question... it's because we're going ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking Jenn's Pre-Trip Report

"What? Huh? Didn't you just post your trip report? Why are you posting a pre-trip report now?"

Well wonderful fellow DWT member asking me a question... it's because we're going again!!!

After doing our taxes we were surprised with a bigger refund than we anticipated. Said refund is allowing us to still pay off an entire credit card and do Disney. I'm beyond excited.

My son Aaron's 3rd birthday is March 29th. Right now, with the Buy 4, Get 3 promotion, if you stay between now and March 29th you get a $200 gift card. Well, about 2 weeks ago I started playing with the numbers but stupidly didn't book. So today when I signed in to book, I had a REALLY hard time finding rooms at any value or moderate resorts before 3/30 (because everyone is booking to get that promotion). Then all of a sudden I lucked out. I booked our stay at ASMo (All Star Movies), arriving March 29th, checking out April 5th.

The morning of the 29th we'll go in to wake Aaron. We'll say "Happy Birthday!! Guess what? We're going to Disney World!!!" then get him dressed and in the car and head off.

After we check-in and unpack, we're going to head over to a park... probably the Magic Kingdom, and use our first "day" of our 7-day pass.

Then... when we get back to our room that night... Aaron will be walking in to this: Walt Disney World Florist - Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 - Delivering Fresh Flowers and Gifts (the big package, not the smaller one). Can you imagine? I get choked up just imagining his reaction.

Then our plan for the next 6 days is to take it easy and do things we've never gotten to do before because we were always so rushed. Figure we got 4 parks and a 7-day pass (without park hopper) so we will be able to really enjoy. We're going to let Aaron wait in line to get autographs from characters and hit shows we've always skipped. We're going to walk slow and take our time. We're going to take in the little things we always walked past and go into every shop to look around. We're going to find Tinkerbell in her dresser and we're going to play around in the Exposition Hall. We're going to do a surrey bike ride and check out the resorts. We're going to maybe rent a boat for an hour or two and drive around Bay Lake. We're going to enjoy every minute and take it all in.

God I better get some more rechargable batteries!!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Congratulations on your upcoming trip!!!! How EXCITING!! That will be an amazing surprise for your son! I am so totally jealous!!!!
    Eeyoregirl13

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    That sounds awesome! Just make sure to stick to your "we're going to take it slow plan." Every time I go, I say that I'm going to take everything slow, but I always end up right back in my commando mode by day 2. I'm going again in a week and a half and I promise that, this time, I'm going to take it slow!
    ~Ashleigh

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    OMG Jenn!!! That's so exciting!! Have a great great great time!!!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    That sounds awesome! Just make sure to stick to your "we're going to take it slow plan." Every time I go, I say that I'm going to take everything slow, but I always end up right back in my commando mode by day 2. I'm going again in a week and a half and I promise that, this time, I'm going to take it slow!
    We're going to try to force it a bit by not spending entire days in the parks. Since we'll be able to visit most of them twice, we're probably going to plan our days so we're doing a half day of park and a half day of other "stuff". We'll see how it all works out. The big thing is... no ADRs this time. We're counter-servicing it as much as we can and we're going to sleep in before we head out. No waking up at 5:30am to get out and to a restaurant at 7:55am.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder
    What a fortunate young man! Love the Disney Florist - received one for my 35th @ AK. It also had a personalized card w/ autographed photo of Mickey - supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
    Disney Dreamin'

lestat_de_leon is offline A-Ticket holder
    We'll be at Disney during the same time! We (wife, 3 kids, nephew and parents) are renting a vacation home. I so wish that Lou would have his April meet during that week...but it seems he is going towards the middle of the month. Have fun!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Congrats Jenn!! How very lucky and exciting!! Aaron's birthday surprise looks AWESOME, what a great idea! I can't wait to hear you report back about how he reacted to it!!

And good luck with getting in some relaxation, that's a promise my family makes to ourselves every trip and we still haven't gotten around to it. In '07 we had the opportunity to go for 10 days and were still in high gear every single day..LOL...maybe next time...
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Oh Jenn I am envious of all of your plans. Before the dining plan we never ate at so many sit downs, maybe a couple over the whole vacation. I'm happy you'll be able to take it slow with him, that is how we did it with ours when they were little. Last family trip DD and I left DS in bed and just had him catch up for lunch, how is that for a switch with age.

The only thing I am not envious of is that darn Surrey Bike. It is work especially over bridges at Boardwalk area. We have cute pictures until you look closely and the Mom and Dads faces.

Have fun
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The only thing I am not envious of is that darn Surrey Bike. It is work especially over bridges at Boardwalk area. We have cute pictures until you look closely and the Mom and Dads faces.
    HAH! Well we did the surrey at the Wilderness Lodge last month and loved it... granted that was a FLAT area. LOL!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow, you get to go again and that Birthday gift looks awesome. I hope you all have a relaxing blast. DD's fav thing was walking around DTD at night, go figure, the "free" thing was a hit, so I hope you take a ton of photos, see the resorts, luck into great meals at the ressies (Le Cellier??) and relax, enjoy, refresh.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Very exciting! I'm so jealous. What a great B-day present for your son. Enjoy these moments. They grow up so fast. I don't know when our next trip to WDW will be. My son will graduate high school this spring and will be attending college this fall. We have always visited in value seasons but his college schedule obviously will not allow that.

Is it wrong to think about taking grandchildren that aren't here yet?
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    oh my gosh, thats so exciting!!!!! Thats like the best birthday present EVER!!! Gosh, your cool parents
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Jenn, you are a great Mom!! The birthday surprise and the vacation plans all sound wonderful.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Awww I'm feeling all happy squishy now. I'm not doing this to get credit as a great mom but now that I've read all the comments... I guess I'm a pretty good one huh? To be honest my life just totally revolves around my son. Sure I was a Disney freak before he came along but once he did it became a totally different experience. It was then Disney for him and we just tagged along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast