Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MayBWeRMnt2B's Disney Wedding & Honeymoon Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B it's a tiny start... but its something! A little of something is always better than a lot of nothing sweetie...
    butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle

Re: MayBWeRMnt2B's Disney Wedding & Honeymoon Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    it's a tiny start... but its something!
    A little of something is always better than a lot of nothing sweetie
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Yeah great start so far Jeanne! I saw the sneak peak of your wedding vid, you two look so happy!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

starxcrossed is offline B-Ticket Holder

Congrats! I can't wait to read more about how it went! =D
    s a r a h *
    | April '07 - Caribbean Beach | July '07 - Saratoga Springs |
    | July '09 - Pop Century |August '11 - Animal Kingdom |

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

I have a horrible cold and ended up calling in today, so I will try to get a day or two done of this at least!

Sunday March 1, 2009 - Park Hopping with the Parents

We were meeting at the house at around 9am to head out to the parks. Ryan's Mom and Step-Dad who never met us for dinner the night before because his mom was sick. His mom had a sinus infection. His Dad, Step-Mom, and Cole met us at the house. That morning they moved to the Radisson because their hotel wasn't that good. So once they met us at the house we decided to go to Epcot first because I wanted to ride Test Track. We got on test track with hardly any wait. However, as we were leaving it started raining. Ryan and I don't care about the rain, neither do my parents, but none of his family wanted to get wet. So we hung out in the Test Track gift shop for about thirty minutes. Finally my Dad and Ryan decided they'd go grab the umbrellas we have in the car since we forgot them. My family and Ryan all had rain-coats, but the rest of them didn't. They got just a few steps out the door and it stopped raining.

They wanted to go ride Soarin then so we headed over there.

That's everyone on Soarin. All nine of us!

After Soarin I believe we decided to head to Magic Kingdom. We parked at the Polynesian because Ryan's family wanted to see Sunset point. So we headed over there and wanted lunch. We were thinking Cosmic Ray's but then I saw that El Peirco was open in Adventureland. I wanted Tacos! So we decided to go for Pecos Bills and El Peirco. Ryan, my mom, and I all got Tacos or Taco Salads while everyone else got burgers. After that we headed over to Thunder Mountain. It ended up only being six of us. My Dad, Greg (Ryan's Dad), Rhonda (Ryan's Step-mom), Ryan, Cole, and I all went to ride. Ryan wanted to ride with his Dad because they went on Roller Coaster riding trips together with Ryan growing up. So then I was going to ride with my Dad. Then My Dad decided he was riding with Cole so Rhonda and I ended up riding together (after everyone ditched me!). It was entertaining. After Thunder we went on the Haunted Mansion. I believe after that we just headed over to Tomorrowland to go on the TTA. After the TTA Ryan's two moms wanted to do shopping on Mainstreet so we spent about an hour or so doing that.

Once it was that time every decided to head back. It was kinda cold and rainy. Greg and Rhonda had dinner at Olivia's at Old Key West that night as a thank-you from Ryan and I. And Nancy and Ron had dinner at Jiko. Ryan, Cole, and I then went to dinner with my parents at Chilis.

Before we left the Polynesian though we walked out to Sunset Point. It was cold and Rainy but it was nice to see it. I still remember how many times we've been there and Ryan and I couldn't believe we were getting married there in a few days.

His Mom and Ron called us and told us that they loved dinner. They absolutely loved it and found it was amazing. They then decided to go to extra magic hours at MK because they had their pass from the day. His Dad and Rhonda also loved Olivia's. Afterwards they called us and wanted to get Cole because they were tired, so they stopped and got Cole.

Ryan and I curled up and went to bed a bit after that. I was tired and I knew I wouldn't sleep much. I kept on waking up earlier and earlier.

Coming up next: Checking into the Polynesian!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

You were a lovely bride Jeanne. Your wedding events all sound lovely and the idea of bonding at the parks was a great one. Can't wait to read more.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Thank you! It was a fun day and everyone got along which made it more fun!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Just figured you all would like that!!! It's my favorite photo from our MK Portrait Session by our amazing photographer from DPS Amy Alexander!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Just figured you all would like that!!! It's my favorite photo from our MK Portrait Session by our amazing photographer from DPS Amy Alexander!
    OMG Jeanne that is amazing! I had told our planner that we wanted either Joe or Amy as our photographer, but I think the scale just tipped in Amy's direction

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

That's one of the standard photos Rachel that they do for all brides at MK, but I love it, so it's my favorite! :-)
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Very very cool!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

That's one of the standard photos Rachel that they do for all brides at MK, but I love it, so it's my favorite! :-)
    It's an amazing photo Jeanne! I looked through the rest of your photos and they're all awesome. I think Amy has a really good eye, was she nice to work with?

here's a tiny bit more!

I still haven't done anything with Disney yet. I was sick last week and my kitty is going through some tests, so it's been a crazy few weeks!

Might as well work on this a bit more...

Wedding Day - Part 1 - Getting Ready/Magic Kingdom Portrait Session

Well, Ryan and I had gone to bed the night before at around ten or so after our rehearsal dinner with everyone. We finally fell asleep close til eleven. I woke up at 1am and couldn't sleep. I woke the hubby to be up and told him I was anxious, so he tried to get me to sleep. Well it didn't work so I ended up watching *** & The City. Yay for our big flat screen in our poly honeymoon suite! :cheer:

At 3am, when we were finally supposed to get up, we got up, Ryan shaved, and I took a quick shower but didn't wash my hair. At about 3:50 we got a call from Lisa from Lisa's Magical Weddings, she just needed to be swiped into our building. So Ryan walked down to the end of the hall and let her in. We set up in the corner of the room. And she started on my hair. I told her I honestly don't care. I decided on a side-part and the rest of it up. About 40 minutes later, my hair was done! And Ryan was playing Game-boy the entire time. Lisa was highly entertaining to work with. She told stories about her grand daughter and working at Disney. Then she also explained the MK Portrait Session process to us. She said the photographer will call you about an hour before or so just to check in. She was right! Right inbetween my hair and make-up, Amy Alexander called who was our photographer! She said she was running early, so she should be in the lobby by 5:40am, so whenever we are ready just head out!

Lisa went to work on my make-up then. She was fast and efficient. She also gave me two "touch-ups" for my lips since she figured I would eat breakfast before the wedding. We ended up getting to the Polynesian Lobby at 5:45am. However, I forgot to wear all my jewelry. Let me just say... it was FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy was in the lobby waiting for us, and we hopped into her van and off we went. Amy was wonderful to work with and absolutely amazing. The castle lights were not on, the castle was black, so we actually ended up getting a lot of other photos elsewhere. And a lot of the other ones are my favorites! Amy had a shall for me to use in between shots.

May I just say, we found the ONE wedding day of the year that at 6am in the MK it was about 30 degrees. NOT the day to be wearing a strapless dress. I was FREEZING! However, it was a lot of fun and I loved our session. I decided not to use my flowers for it because I"m klutzy and didn't want to drop them. Amy explained that they would have fixed them had I broken them, but I didn't want to run that risk!

Anyway, here are a few photos from our session...

We returned at 8am to our room and were FROZEN! I was freezing. Ryan jumped in our jacuzzi, but with my veil, make-up and hair, I couldn't, so I just stuck my feet in to unfreeze them. I would not stop shaking. I piled on as many layers as I could, but then soon I had to get back into my dress.

At 8:30am, we were getting ready to leave our room since we'd be there by 9am to the Polynesian lobby and I all of a sudden was almost puking with fear. Not fear, that I was going to marry Ryan, that I was fine with, but fear that the wedding was going to be messed up in some way by our wedding planner or someone was not going to show up. Well I had brought my teddy bear that I had since I was little and Ryan being adorable just had him walk over to me and made the bear jump into my arms, which how I ended up with this photo...

We left the room and headed out to the Polynesian lobby. It was a bit warmer, but not much! We were off to get married!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Jeanne I know I've already said it before, but your photos are amazing! I know with the MK session they have certain photos they take every time, but still Amy has a great eye. We have her listed as our first choice and I hope we get her.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Jeanne I know I've already said it before, but your photos are amazing! I know with the MK session they have certain photos they take every time, but still Amy has a great eye. We have her listed as our first choice and I hope we get her.
    Thanks Rachel! Amy was great because the castle wasn't lit up, so we got some special photos. We were the first couple ever to have photos in the Castle Suite Lobby (just happened to be right place, right time), and we had a bunch of extra ones on main street and off of it. I suggested heading over there because I love that little area, and I love the photos that Amy came up with. She has a great eye!
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!

Jeanne, you are one beautiful bride... I am so glad I got to meet you the other week. What a fantastic Orange color for the tux and your flowers! Beautiful!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-01-2009, 08:33 PM