Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe I'm loving it Tiff. Nobody should have to wait that long for their first flight. DL is where I went when I was a kid and ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm loving it Tiff. Nobody should have to wait that long for their first flight.

DL is where I went when I was a kid and then my DH and I Honeymooned there. I love the pictures of Main Street. I remember when the MK used to have all those pretty trees and I miss them. Yea for DL for keeping them.

Can't wait for more.
    Thanks Gabe
    Yes the trees on main street are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Loving the trip report Tiff! Great picture of the Partners statue with the blossoms in the trees, springtime in DL is magical. I also love the scenic pics of California you posted, I've had the chance to go a few times and I must admit that I've really fallen in love with California on this last trip!

Parts of Main Street were boarded up when I was there too, it is for paving you said?
    Thanks Caroline. California has grabbed a spot in my heart! It's beautiful!
    That's what I read and it didn't look like too much stuff was going on so I assume it's paving
    Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    It looks like you had a great time. I wish I could going to DL.
    I really did have a great time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Tiffany, I cannot wait to read more. Dl is my "home park" after all. The trees have grown so much, I can remember when the castle looked huge and the entrance to IASW looked like a second castle, how times change.

Great camera work by the way, really great. Isn't this country beautiful from the air?
    Thanks. and yes the country is beautiful from the air, even though I couldn't see much going out there coming back I saw some awesome things
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Great pics Tiff. I never seen pictures like those before it's neat to see DL from a different perspective! Now I really want to go!
    Thanks Adam!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

More to come tomorrow! sorry I didn't get any more done tonight
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow these are beautiful pictures. Looks beautiful as a I remember. The notes you took are very good, love the detail. Can't believe the flights. Please keep it coming. I have to dig my pictures out & look at them Didn't have a good camera however back in 1990 so nothing like yours.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Thanks!

I'm getting more TR together now to post so stay tuned!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Day 2 New Orleans Square, Critter Country

Where were we... ah yes crossing the bridge into New Orleans Square. Walt's Apartment greeted us...

we saw the sign for POTC but couldn't find the entrance, so we walked down the hill and under the bridge and found the entrance. There was no wait we walked right on. I tried taking some pictures but they didn't turn out well at all so you all will have to imagine it in your heads. When you walk in the entrance you see a scene of the ride and boats coming around back into the loading and unloading dock, you walk to the left and climb in the boat. You can defiantly tell that they did a bit more theming to this POTC, you go around and the first thing you see makes you feel like your in the bayou, you can here frogs and banjo music being played and you can see the Blue Bayou restaurant to your right. You can see some old shacks also... then you enter a darker part and you start to see some treasure and stuff of that nature and a few skeletons. Before long you see Davy Jones mist and it gets really dark, you can't see anything! Then you drop what seems like forever and my leg got soaked lol. Then at the bottom you start to see familiar scenes with the black pearl in the harbor and barbosa firring the cannon and if you look straight ahead you can see some shadows sword fighting. You round the corner into the town and see people running around being chased and the mayor being dunked in the pool while his wife is up in the window saying "don't say anything Carlos." and you see Jack in a barrel. Then you see the We wants the red head scene and the jail then you start to head back up a long hill and you see Jack of to the side in his room full of treasure and then you can see daylight from the entrance and your back. You walk through a little bayou type of thing and exit out in to New Orleans Square not into a store.

Here is some pics of New Orleans Square...

we walked around for a bit then got some drinks and pop corn. We sat down close to HM and the rivers of America. After we finished eating we hopped in line for HM and we were in in no time...

my first glance at HM

after getting off we walked around and took some pictures of the Sailing Ship...

we walked the back way into Critter Country and took some pics of Splash Mountain...
    I saw these kids in one log sticking their hand into the water and splashing the others... it really irritates me that people can't follow directions... hope the log didn't slam into the side and there hand get caught...

We were half way into Critter Country and realized it was a dead end so we just turned around and headed for Frontierland...

one more view of the HM

Up next Frontierland, lunch and some hard to hear news...
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Still Day 2... Frontierland, Fantasyland and bad news

We headed towards Frontierland we thought we were going to get on the sailing ship but we decided not to.

My Dad and I rode BTMRR, the line was really cool it takes you right to the middle of the ride! The ride was cool too.

we walked on towards fantasyland and saw the construction for the BBQ thing thats going back there with Woody and the gang. We decided to eat at the Village Haus for lunch, I had a personal pan pepporin pizza

here is the new paper cups they have for the celebrate today campaige

and the pizza!

while we were eating we found out that my grandfather was in the hospitial and they thought he had a blood clot in his lung because he couldn't breath... (later in the day we found out he didn't have a blood clot.)
    We were all upset and really my mom who threated to go home early. We headed on with our journey though... we headed for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride next.
    on the way I snapped some pictures...

We arrived at Mr. Toad a few short min later

I loved the ride it was funny, and it was a little rough for my parents though.
    We got off and headed for the Storybook land boats

I love the little trees and things, it looked cool

the giants quilt

more in the next post
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

cont...

next was Matterhorn Bobsleds, the wait said 30 min but I don't think it was that long, maybe 15 min at the most. I was nervous about the seats but we sat separate and the seat belts were really long! I know they are going through seat belt changes but the old ones were great, I loved the ride, we were on the fantasyland side I believe. After we got off we found out that my grandfather was okay and didn't have a blood clot so we were releaved... we headed over to IASW, I loved it

of course my memory card ran out so my dad had to take the pics of the charterers inside. I love the refurb!! We got on in about 20 min and then after we rode we decided not to go to Toontown and road the train around the park once and then got off in Tomorrowland.

a old tree, it must have had to be there when Walt was alive

We went into innoventions and messed around and saw the dream home, Tom Morrow, and Asimo the Honda robot! He is the cutest thing and it really is amazing what he can do! I must have not gotten any pics of him either, my Dad did though.
    Anyway we got a drink then walked back to Main Street and did some shopping... here is a window display...

it was neat the guy, his name doesn't come to mind right now but is from ratatouille he spun around with a blind fold on his eyes. It was cool
    This is a neat piece they have out there on Main Street

here is a few last pics of main street before we left

we left DL and headed over to California Adventure...

more to come later or Tomorrow!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Your pictures make me want to go back to DL and check it out. We were there one time in 1973.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    More great pics and TR Tiff! I wish I was there so I can ride the rides you did. Also so I can see how some of them are different from the WDW version.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Mini-V, you should go back when mom and I are there in SEptember.

I'm loving all these photos! I can't wait to get there!! Excuse me while I go get a kleenex to wipe away the tears.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    Great Pic Tiff. I am glad that your grandfather is ok =]. Cant wait to see more and read more!
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Looks like so much fun Tiff, I really wanna go! Glad your grandpa was okay
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder
    Tiff,
    your picture of the Partners Statue with the castle in the back is absolutely amazing. It is great. Thanks for sharing.
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Your pictures make me want to go back to DL and check it out. We were there one time in 1973.
    You should go back! It's awesome. I will go back in a heart beat if I got the chance and had the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    More great pics and TR Tiff! I wish I was there so I can ride the rides you did. Also so I can see how some of them are different from the WDW version.
    Thanks Adam. I loved the rides!
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Mini-V, you should go back when mom and I are there in SEptember.

I'm loving all these photos! I can't wait to get there!! Excuse me while I go get a kleenex to wipe away the tears.
    Thanks Lori. You'll have an amazing time!
    Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Great Pic Tiff. I am glad that your grandfather is ok =]. Cant wait to see more and read more!
    Thanks and thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Looks like so much fun Tiff, I really wanna go! Glad your grandpa was okay
    Thanks it was a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary jo View Post
    Tiff,
    your picture of the Partners Statue with the castle in the back is absolutely amazing. It is great. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome report and pics, thank you so much for sharing! I'm really glad your grandpa is okay and you were able to enjoy your trip. I haven't been to DL in soo long, and this is really making me want to go back!
    Eeyoregirl13

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast