Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 Awesome report and pics, thank you so much for sharing! I'm really glad your grandpa is okay and you were able to enjoy your trip. I ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Awesome report and pics, thank you so much for sharing! I'm really glad your grandpa is okay and you were able to enjoy your trip. I haven't been to DL in soo long, and this is really making me want to go back!
    Thanks. And Thanks again.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

more tomorrow, I really need to get to sleep... this time change is still messing me up!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    So many things I wanted to comment on! I hope I don't forget anything. The thing I like most about PotC in DL are the fireflies in the bayou! I love that there are two drops as well.

Storybook Canal is really cute! We rode that at night, cool to see it during the daytime through your photos.

I loooove New Orleans square, all the iron balconies, I wish I could live there. Did you notice you could hear some things going on upstairs in certain buildings?

I also like the BTMRR queue, it is much cooler than the one at MK.

That Linguini (Ratatouille) window is my favorite!

I can't wait to go back to Disneyland! I am telling you, I am now totally hooked.

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am REALLY enjoying your report... lots of photos just like I would take!!!
    Thanks so much for the post card... Sorcerer Mickey is my Favorite.
    We've had phone calls like that while at WDW... more than once..
    Can't wait for MORE

LESA
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    So many things I wanted to comment on! I hope I don't forget anything. The thing I like most about PotC in DL are the fireflies in the bayou! I love that there are two drops as well.

Storybook Canal is really cute! We rode that at night, cool to see it during the daytime through your photos.

I loooove New Orleans square, all the iron balconies, I wish I could live there. Did you notice you could hear some things going on upstairs in certain buildings?

I also like the BTMRR queue, it is much cooler than the one at MK.

That Linguini (Ratatouille) window is my favorite!

I can't wait to go back to Disneyland! I am telling you, I am now totally hooked.
    I loved the fireflies too, I had forgot about the second drop... I don't know how but I did lol.

no I didn't really notice that! I wish I would have. On the list for next time
    I'm hooked too, I hope to go back one day!
    Quote Originally Posted by little grammy View Post
    I am REALLY enjoying your report... lots of photos just like I would take!!!
    Thanks so much for the post card... Sorcerer Mickey is my Favorite.
    We've had phone calls like that while at WDW... more than once..
    Can't wait for MORE

LESA
    Thank you.
    Your welcome
    Those type of phone calls are the worst you can hear in Disney
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

more coming up as soon as my Dad's pictures upload to photobucket.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Woo hoo!! Finally! Okay lets get back to regular scheduled TR....
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

So we walked across the way to California Adventure
    I was getting tired so I didn't try to take to many pics since my mom and I were coming back the next day.

They had the Pixar parade going on when we arrived so we cut behind everyone by the train and headed over to Condor Flats airfield to ride Soarin over CA.
    most of these pictures are my Dads...

The wait was 40 min long! And I was really tired so I told my parents I wasn't going to ride tonight and they got in line together. I sat on a bench and called my grandmother to ask how my grandfather was doing. Dusk turned into night by the time they came out of the ride and then we headed on over toward Paradise Pier to ride TSM But when we got over there there was so many walls up and it looked so big that we just turned around and headed for DtD for some Dinner... sorry about the lack of pictures. We walked to DtD and saw the Directory board and noticed Rain forest Café was ALL the way at the end! So we walk and walk and walk some more and finally found Rain Forest Café, we waited for awhile and then got seated upstairs. We all ordered Fish and Chips, I enjoyed mine, but my mom didn't. The people next to us got 2 volcano's ( it was a big party) and every time one came out the waiters would do their thing and yell VOLCANO!! So the table next to us decided to go the same thing whenever they heard it. It's fine and they were having a good time but it really got aggravating. Finally drunk and all they left. It was as quiet as it can get in Rain Forest lol, it's never that quite. We payed and left. Someone told us that it would be closer to walk back to the garage than to walk down and get the tram. So we did... it didn't seem like any shorter to me... Tired and grumpy we all got in the car and left to go back to the hotel.
    And that's Finally the end of Day 2! lol
    Last edited by lilo88; 03-10-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

okay, lets get some more up...
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Day 2- Disney's California Adventure and Downtown Disney

It was a beautiful day except some cloudy sky every once in awhile. My mom and I headed for the Mickey and Friends parking structure about 15 min away. We decided to just to California Adventure this day because we still had another day on our passes left. We arrived and parked in Mickey level 3 and got on the tram to the parks. I did stop in DL long enough to mail my post cards from the train station then met back up with my mom and headed on over to CA adventure.

We headed on over toward Soarin but on the way we saw Mater and Lighting McQueen!!! So we stopped to get a photo!

Then we headed on to Soarin, we walked right on in and waited maybe 5 min and that was just the pre show. I was cool, just like WDW's. We exited and headed over to TSM to try and find it again in the maze of walls that surrounded the lake... on the way I saw a hidden Mickey cactus! lol

when we were rounding the bend that's when I saw him!! PUSH!!! THE TRASH CAN!!!

It was my first time ever seeing PUSH! I was hoping to meet up with him later.
    We cut through the little path way they had over the lake and made our way to Paradise Pier.

Heres a pic of the Wonderful World Of Color coming to the lake in the next few years.

It was very unattractive right now but maybe on day I will see the lake filled and the park completed

I debated going on CA screaming but decided against it because I hate being launched... even on RnRc. But we did watch the people get launched for a little while, some guy even had a video camera holding it... hope he didn't lose it.

We headed on over to TSM after a short potty break lol.

This Mr. Potato head wasn't as funny as the one in WDW, I guess its all who is operating him.
    The wait was 30 min and we probably waited about 25. The line wasn't as decorated here as in WDW, it looked more like a Midway ride line instead of Andy's Bedroom as a toy. We still had a fun time, I scored 76,700 points with a 48% accuracy and my mom scored 39,000 points with a 68% accuracy.

some of the games coming to the board walk...

After riding we walked over to the Farmers Market to eat some lunch...
    on the way...

I also saw Push again this time I got a little video, I'll uploaded to to Face book sometime.
    We arrived at the Farmers Market and got some lunch

This was in the window I thought the mickey head was cute so I took a pic

we didn't get one though
    I go the Fish and Chips and my mom got chicken nuggets, I didn't like this fish though so I wish I had gotten the chicken nuggets

I looked in the P.T. Flea Market and got some pins, my mom told me to get all the ones I wanted so I did... it ended up being $75.00 in total for the pins... I did see this blue really soft blanket that had the castle and the word Disneyland under the castle but I didn't get it ( I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it until wed in DL and it was just because my mom spotted it! Thank god for moms!) I was going to go back over there to get it if I couldn't find it anywhere else! I didn't get the one in WDW so I finally got this one. Anyway back to reporting... after the high priced pins in the market we walked toward Hollywood Backlot

we saw Minnie on the way!

more on the way...
    Last edited by lilo88; 03-09-2009 at 03:34 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Love the trip report Tiff! I've only been to DL once at that was 10 years ago and we only had one day (and California Adventure wasn't open yet). I'm hoping to go again in a few years. Can't wait to see more!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Aahhhh I am SO loving this so far!! I know the moment you stepped foot onto Mainstreet you had to be thinking "Walt was here!" I would be a mess at that point. Just wow!

My son would go nuts if he saw the Mater and McQueen cars. Too cool!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story youre immersed in. - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from OJoe

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Love the trip report Tiff! I've only been to DL once at that was 10 years ago and we only had one day (and California Adventure wasn't open yet). I'm hoping to go again in a few years. Can't wait to see more!
    Thanks Rachel! I updated it again...
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Aahhhh I am SO loving this so far!! I know the moment you stepped foot onto Mainstreet you had to be thinking "Walt was here!" I would be a mess at that point. Just wow!

My son would go nuts if he saw the Mater and McQueen cars. Too cool!
    Yes I was, it was such a surreal feeling! It didn't seem real at all!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great pics! I love your Eeyore tee!!!!!
    Eeyoregirl13

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great stuff Tiffany, Screamin is my favorite ride over there, rode it twice in a row! I wish they would have this ride with the RnRC theming.

Did you notice the water feature underneath the "sun" sculpture is like a wave? It is always different, just like the ocean! I noticed that on my last visit while we sipped coffee sitting across from it.

We didn't ride TSM, the line was way too long, I am really curious about the new stuff coming to CA, wonder why they had to empty the lake. What was funny to see is that while on the bridge, there was water only on one side of it. Magic!

Now I want a funnel cake!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast