Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hollywood Backlot is like a mini MGM oops sorry DHS We wanted to ride Monsters Inc so we did! We waited like 3 min and someone asked if there was ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Day 3 part 2 Hollywood Backlot and DTD

Hollywood Backlot is like a mini MGM oops sorry DHS

We wanted to ride Monsters Inc so we did!

We waited like 3 min and someone asked if there was a party of two so we said we were and walked right on! I love the ride it was really cool with all the doors!
    I noticed a cut out of Wall-E so I got my moms picture done with him

Then it was my turn, forgive the lopsided pic.

We saw Hollywood tower of Terror but it's not for me! lol

We left and headed out the park to head to DtD... but first we did some more shopping here is a poor attempt at a self portrait with my mom in front of the park

I had waited for the monorail to come across the bridge but I had turned my camera off and by the time it came over and my camera turned on it was almost gone I had waited 10 min for it to come, it's so quiet and fast and short you don't know what just came through!
    anyways we left and went in the World of Disney Store

I looked and looked for an entrance to the Grand Californian but I could find one in DTD even though you can clearly see it up there!
    inside

here is a art piece that's in the center of the store on the back wall, it has a mickey head at each location of a Disney Park.
    We left and got back on the tram. We were back at the hotel.

Oh Also at the Flea Market (pin) shop the lady gave us two buttons that said Honorary Citizen of Disneyland and it had a mickey lock and Key through a D!!Thats what I get from my mom being a talker lol. YAY!!

More coming later or Tomorrow. I'm tired and think I need a nap... but I'm not sure I might be back later
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Great pics! I love your Eeyore tee!!!!!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Great stuff Tiffany, Screamin is my favorite ride over there, rode it twice in a row! I wish they would have this ride with the RnRC theming.

Did you notice the water feature underneath the "sun" sculpture is like a wave? It is always different, just like the ocean! I noticed that on my last visit while we sipped coffee sitting across from it.

We didn't ride TSM, the line was way too long, I am really curious about the new stuff coming to CA, wonder why they had to empty the lake. What was funny to see is that while on the bridge, there was water only on one side of it. Magic!

Now I want a funnel cake!
    I probably would have enjoyed it but I wasn't sure.

Yes I did! It was really cool!

I think they emptied it because of the new water show, adding lights and stuff like that I think but I could be totally off. I noticed that to, it's really funny.

Yummy... funnel cake... we were way to full to get one though.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

this side had water
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    im loving this TR! great job!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Great pics. The coaster looks weird without the Mickey ears. The new water show looks like it's going to be really cool. BTW (I forgot to mention in my last post) sorry to hear about your grandpa and glad he's okay! Where was the big sun sculpture thing at?
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Didn't even notice the ears were gone!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow these pictures are fab. And the story is wonderful.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    im loving this TR! great job!!
    Thanks, glad to hear it!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Great pics. The coaster looks weird without the Mickey ears. The new water show looks like it's going to be really cool. BTW (I forgot to mention in my last post) sorry to hear about your grandpa and glad he's okay! Where was the big sun sculpture thing at?
    Yes it did. I hope to see it one day. Thanks. It was at the front of the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Didn't even notice the ears were gone!
    yup... it's a shame...
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Wow these pictures are fab. And the story is wonderful.
    Thanks!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    this side had water
    Wow. I forgot about this place. Memories. Sure am enjoying this report and pic's. I can remember the table I sat at. I wore a goofy golf type hat with floppy ears. I need to go find my pictures and reminisce.

Come to think of it, my first flight was to DL also. I was just over a year old.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 03-09-2009 at 11:16 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Wow. I forgot about this place. Memories. Sure am enjoying this report and pic's. I can remember the table I sat at. I wore a goofy golf type hat with floppy ears. I need to go find my pictures and reminisce.

Come to think of it, my first flight was to DL also. I was just over a year old.
    Thanks Gabe
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Day 2... The end of the day

okay! Back now with more TR!

So after we headed back to the hotel we went in search of a Walmart that the GPS told us about, we got there and it was a Sams Club... So we just decided to come back to the hotel and start some laundry so we wouldn't have so much to do the next day.
    These were across from my dads work, they are old blimp hangers!

We got back and I took some pics of my pins, they didn't turn out to good but I'll let yall see them anyway

and my new lanyard

While Mom was doing laundry I wandered around taking pics... surprise surprise right lol
    10th floor looking south at the 55 fwy and the mountains

Mom's rental car Pontiac G6!

Dyer Rd in the bottom right corner, looking toward Newport Beach

Dyer Rd!!

We were really close to the airport so I got tons of plane pics

looking down from the 10th floor

10th floor looking east toward Interstate 5
    Fire!!

Sunset from the 10th floor

We went to eat at a restaurant in the District it was a outdoor mall type thing full of restaurants and coffee houses

We ate at Bluewater Grill and it was really good! After dinner my dad wanted to do some shopping in DTD so we headed over there and caught the tram, we did some shopping and left. On the way back we saw this place called Tiffy's, I used to be called Tiffy all the time and it really got on my nerves so I had to take a picture.

We called it a night when we returned to the hotel.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Day 3... Relaxing pool side and a beautiful sunset

Today we washed more clothes in the morning then got in the pool

We swam for awhile and got in the hot tub for awhile. We stayed down there for a little over an hour then came up and got showers and I had looked up a address for Walmart so we headed that way. First we ate at Subway across the street from the hotel. Then we went to Walmart, Walmart wasn't in such a good area of town so we ran in and got what we need and left fast...
    We got back and chilled until my dad called and told us that he was getting off early so we could go to Laguna Beach for the sunset and dinner!!
    The journey there wasn't that bad at all and we drove down the pacific coast highway. On the way there my dad said there was a position open at the plant there, I said interview for it! lol, but my mom isn't interested in moving that far away... I am! I would have Disneyland at my fingertips!! . And it's so beautiful in CA! anyway moving on...
    Here's both the rental cars... Both of the Grey ones

a few pictures getting there...

next up.... we have arrived let the sunset begin!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Day 3 part 2... Sunset and a proposal!

We parked close to the restaurant where we would be eating at later and fingered we should wait for the sunset to happen because after we ate it would be over with... so enjoy the sunset and I'll fill you in on some of the pics...

We ate at a fancy Mexican restaurant called La Brisas. We were seated in the corner and I had a window but my parents didn't.

I didn't want my picture taken, hints the look...

The guy behind me was acting a little strange and I found he got up alot... one time he walked out on the patio beside the window and realized that he could see his girlfriend, he turned around quick and soon he came back. After there dinner the girl got up to freshen up I guess and the waiter came to the table. ( could see this from the mirror behind my parents on the wall) The guy whispered into the waiters ear and then he got up and walked off, he handed something to the waiter and the girl came back after they had cleaned off the table. The guy comes back soon and they sit down and talk, not to long after that the waiter comes and sits the dessert down and it has a little box on the side, the girl looks at it and opens it and the guy asked will she marry him. And she said OMG and kissed him and said yes! They kept kissing and she kept laughing and tearing up. It was a special moment. All the while our dinner was okay, I'm not a big Mexican food fan, tacos are okay but not this other stuff lol. I'm a casual Mexican food person . The night was special and the sunset was beautiful! A perfect way to end the night.

Here are some of my dads sunset pics...

I did take this one for them

That was the end of the night!

Up next a rainy day at Disneyland still beats a rainy day at home .
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

EeyoresBuddy is offline 'till "Tomorrow"

Great TR Tiff, and I'm loving all the photos.
    Beautiful sunset pics. It's really interesting to see the rides etc in DL. I love WDW but now I'm thinking...Um..maybe...just possibly...one day..who knows!!

Thanks for the postcard, arrived today

x Joan x
    8 Vacations to WDW between 1989 and 2010 & 2 Trips to DLP

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

I want the TINK pin!!!

lovin' the photos *****
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast