Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 More great stuff Tiff! The pics of the castle and grotto are espicially great! Toontown looks a little better than WDW's Toontown. The picture of the ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    More great stuff Tiff! The pics of the castle and grotto are espicially great! Toontown looks a little better than WDW's Toontown. The picture of the fire house is cool too. Did you see Walt's light on above it?
    Thanks Adam, Yes I love DL's Toontown a lot more that WDW's, it's bigger and is more like toontown online the game you can play through Disney you know. It was really cool, I just wish I didn't have to run from building to buliding to dodge the rain. I don't remember if I did or not. I'll have to look in my pictures.

sorry about the lack of TR today, I have been sleeping most of the day. I got up really early this morning. More TR up soon I hope.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I loved your pictures and TR. Toontown is AWESOME there. They should make it like that at WDW
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Thanks, I think they should too, but I think they are lacking land unless they go under the train tracks like they did in DL.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I forgot I hadn't uploaded my pictures from Thursday yet so they are uploading now. And I'll have more TR tonight sometime I hope.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator

Had Walt lived this would have been his apartment. Yes, it was right above the Pirate's ride! He died before he had a chance to see it completed

Club 33 is to the left of this store. The entrance is a nondescript door with the number 33 on an oval placard. You would have to know it was there as it is very easy to miss

Above the firehouse is the apartment that Walt had spent a lot of nights in while the park was being built. The window right above the open door is where the lamp is always on signifying that Walt's spirit lives on and is the park.

Great trip report as it brought back a lot of memories of my visits to DL
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Day 5... Hollywood

We got up and left around 9:50 for the trip to Hollywood. It took forever to get there because of Traffic! There was two accidents to. On the way here are some pictures...

There is the Hollywood sign behind the crappy building

I'll be cropping that picture soon
    Sunset Blvd.

We headed for the Disney Soda fountain first so we could take a much needed potty break! We parked behind the building for $10.00 for a day and walked around the corner to the Disney Soda Fountain. They were very nice in there and we ordered 2 drinks, I got a real cherry coke and mom got a Dr. Pepper/ Mr. Pib.
    The Disney Valt!

We left and began our sight seeing of the stars! We saw Winnie the Pooh

This is Disneyland's star but it's really blurry

We saw a bunch of stars but I'm only going to show a few of them. As there is way to many to show them all
    Heres where they have American Idol!

There was alot of construction going on on Hollywood blv. Heres the chinese theater

How many people knew Big Bird had a star?!?!

to be continued
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

there was a bunch of actors and actress dress up like stars, we got our picture with a really badly dressed Marlin Monroe. Then she wanted a tip after the fact... rude but whatever

I saw a fat Jack Sparrow, another wierd-o Jack Sparrow and several others lol.

I would have walked around the foot prints more but there was people hounding you to get pictures and give you deals on tours and such. Very annoying
    we used the restroom in McDonalds and then headed on back to the car for the trip to Redeo Dr.

We got back at the hotel and then I went swimming for awhile. I took some pictures but I show them in the next installment of TR. Good night!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

I bet the Disney Soda Shop was cool. Those people in front of the theatre must be really desperate for money! That is rude!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

The Soda Shop had to be so cool. The people dressed up s the actors/actresses were rude. They did not even look like the real ones. What people would do now a days to get money
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    I bet the Disney Soda Shop was cool. Those people in front of the theatre must be really desperate for money! That is rude!
    It was cool, they had a bunch of celbertiy pictures on the wall when they have dropped in.
    Yes, they were very rude
    Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    The Soda Shop had to be so cool. The people dressed up s the actors/actresses were rude. They did not even look like the real ones. What people would do now a days to get money
    Yup. They were very rude and tacky!

I have no desire to go back to Hollywood again, it's not all that at all
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Great photos and report, Tiff!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Great photos and report, Tiff!!
    Thanks Rich!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

You're welcome... I'm just glad I finally got time to read it and look at your photos!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Day 5... the end of the day

Here are some of the pic I didn't show yesterday when we got back to the hotel...

and that is all from inside the hotel!! very cool!

I stayed in for dinner, I had a sub and my parents went out for a dinner. They sat outside by a fireplace at some place in The Distric where we had ate earlier in the week at.

next up... flying home
    Last edited by lilo88; 03-12-2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    You're welcome... I'm just glad I finally got time to read it and look at your photos!
    I'm glad you did too! . I put most of my pics on Facebook... 8 parts to it lol. There are pics of all the stars that we saw on hollywood blv. and several pics I left out from the parks and other places we visited
    Last edited by lilo88; 03-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast