Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; I got up early today and got ready to leave for the airport. I checked our flights online down stairs and walked around for a little while. We left for ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Our last Day... the Flight back home

I got up early today and got ready to leave for the airport. I checked our flights online down stairs and walked around for a little while. We left for the airport around 9:20 and got there soon after. We returned the rental cars and went to check in... We entered down where the rental car return was and had to walk all the way back to the other side to check in at Delt/northwest ticket counter. Checked our bags on and went on through secruity. Our gate was gate 3 and we entered at gate 11 where we had landed the other night so we had to walk all the way back to the other end again to get to our gate . On the way we stopped to buy a snack and a tee shirt. We got to our gate and had an hour to wait. Here are some pictures as we waited...
    a plane that had just left our gate...

it was funny to see these huge planes then a little 2 seater plane come taxing by, as if it wanted to be a big plane

Moose!!

theres our plane!

next up we take off!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Our last Day... Take off

We boarded our plane and got seated fast. I was relieved that we were in the back of the plane and didn't have far to go for the restroom!

We got the speal and took off after waiting a few min for our turn. It was a line of planes taking off and landing. I know your not suppose to have electrical devices on during take off but I did turn my camera for some great shots during take off... I know bad tiffany bad girl! But I did turn it off in between shots.

by this time we were allowed to have our things on.

mountains!

we had a pilot that told us all what we would be flying over and when we did he told us. That was great!

soon we headed into the desert...

up next The Grand Canyon 37,000 feet in the air
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Re: Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report!

That is a nice hotel! Those pics from the plane are AMAZING! I have to do that next time!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

drum roll please....

here it is!!! The Grand Canyon!!!

two lone clouds lol

The ground almost looked pink

look at all the layers in the rock

then snow...

then back to the desert

this was kinda funny looking out all by it self...

not sure what this was but it looked cool!

coming in for a landing in Minn/St. Paul.

we were 40 min early but someone was at our gate so we had to wait a few min until we could get to the gate.

up next our adventure through the airport...
    Last edited by lilo88; 03-12-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

we arrived in F14 and headed for the restroom. I then looked for our next gate... it was C! So we walked and walked and walked some more... we saw a bunch of shops and restaurants but just kept on walking.

We hopped on the tram/ I called it the mini monorail! lol. A fancy British ladies voice came on and told us our next stop and please hold on to the rails. We were off fast and got off close to Fridays so we could have some dinner. We got seated and ate, the food was good. We went to pay with our meal vouchers we had received earlier that week and they had expired, they had to be used 24 hours within the date given. Well they give us something we can't use because they send us to a Continentals hub then to a airport that everything is shut down when we get there at night and expect us to use them! So my dad went next door to the NWA world club because the waitress told him that they would reissue them. But the people said, we can't help you because there is always something open at an airport. YEAH well maybe at a big airport but not a small one!! Rude... So that right there ended our flights with NWA forever! So we payed our selfs and left. They had this big play area with a jet plane and control tower for kids I thought that was neat, and here is another snoopy!

We got on the moving sidewalk and then got on another one and we were at our gate. Our plane was there but not the crew so they arrived soon and we saw the flight attendent that we were going to have on the original flight out of Richmond at the beginning of the week. We were joking around with each other and she said "I promise there isn't anything wrong with this plane lol." We boarded soon and the flight was really light. She was the only attendant on the plane. She read the spiel and we were off... headed home. We flew over Chicago and IN, I waved and said hello to Adam, I told him when I got home and he said he thought he heard someone say "Hey Adam, UP here!" lol
    Chicago was cool at night with all the lights but the pics I took didn't come out well at all of it. We were home finally and there was still piles of snow around from the storm they had gotten earlier in the week. We go to get our luggage and it never comes out, they tell us that it didn't arrive and that it would be on a flight tomorrow from St. Paul.
    We go home and got some sleep, little but some. And then the next day my parents went back to the airport and got it. Somehow they sent half the planes luggage to Detroit! I got my bag and it felt like it had been outside all night, the outside and everything inside was freezing!! We also noticed that Delta's luggage got messed up too so it must have been a computer glitch somewhere.
    Anyway
    We enjoyed our trip very much and I hope to return someday soon. California was magical and so was Disneyland! Hope you enjoyed my TR and I can't wait to write another one soon!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    That is a nice hotel! Those pics from the plane are AMAZING! I have to do that next time!
    It was awesome! Thank you! It's neat if you can see something
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Here are some of my dad's pics

I took this one!

This was at my dad's work

That's all now. Hope yall enjoyed!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Great report Tiffany. I thought it was cool how you got to see the mountain, deserts, Grand Canyon, and snow all in one airplane ride. I liked your Grand Canyon pics, I was lucky enough to travel there when I was younger and it is definitely an amazing thing to see. That is a nice family pic you have with your parents in front of the castle, glad you all had fun!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Those pictures from the plane are amazing. Thanks you so much for sharing your trip with us. I can't believe all the fab shots you got. I don't think we have ever taken so many. But, now that we have a new camera we may get close. LOL.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Outstanding report and pics! Makes me wanna go there someday...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder

Tiff, the part where you mention that your mom said that you were leaving because of the rain and you just ignored her TOTALLY cracked me up. I have had so many similar conversations with my mom about things at Disney World. She enjoys it, but not to the extent that I do.
    Awesome pictures. They are so clear. I feel like I have been there myself after looking at them. Great job.
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Great report Tiffany. I thought it was cool how you got to see the mountain, deserts, Grand Canyon, and snow all in one airplane ride. I liked your Grand Canyon pics, I was lucky enough to travel there when I was younger and it is definitely an amazing thing to see. That is a nice family pic you have with your parents in front of the castle, glad you all had fun!
    Thanks Amanda! It was really cool seeing all those things in 3 and half hours! I was lucky about the lack of clouds for most of the trip. I hope to see the Grand Canyon in person someday on the ground. Thank you, we asked the photopass person to take a pic with our camera and there camera
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Those pictures from the plane are amazing. Thanks you so much for sharing your trip with us. I can't believe all the fab shots you got. I don't think we have ever taken so many. But, now that we have a new camera we may get close. LOL.
    Thank you! I took over 1,000 pictures again. I have an addiction to pictures lol. And usually takes me forever to get somewhere because of constantly taking pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    Outstanding report and pics! Makes me wanna go there someday...
    Thanks Nick! It's a must see at least once in everyones lives or at least a Disney fan life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary jo View Post
    Tiff, the part where you mention that your mom said that you were leaving because of the rain and you just ignored her TOTALLY cracked me up. I have had so many similar conversations with my mom about things at Disney World. She enjoys it, but not to the extent that I do.
    Awesome pictures. They are so clear. I feel like I have been there myself after looking at them. Great job.
    I was NOT going back to the hotel, 40 min into my last day at Disneyland lol. My mom also enjoys it but I don't think my parents see the same thing I see in Disney. I have a great love of it and would go everyday if I had the chance. My parents rather go somewhere else sometime. Which is okay but I like Disney in my vacation . My mom and I are best friends but sometimes I don't listen to her because I don't like what I hear . The problem usually goes away, or I don't discuss it until later after I have done what I wanted to do. I can be a brat that way.
    Thank you. I love my camera! It's the bestest!!.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Great way to end it! The pics of the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas were AWESOME! Your dad takes good pics too! You're right I did hear someone yelling my name in the middle of the night! lol
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    I have no desire to go back to Hollywood again, it's not all that at all
    I told you Tiff!!!

Great trip report and photos! Thanks for sharing with us!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Great way to end it! The pics of the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas were AWESOME! Your dad takes good pics too! You're right I did hear someone yelling my name in the middle of the night! lol
    Thanks Adam!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I told you Tiff!!!

Great trip report and photos! Thanks for sharing with us!
    You sure did! But at least I can say I did it and won't be doing it again! lol

Thanks Melissa! and your welcome
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast