Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay so the time has come to start a Trip Report!! Here's the run down Who went, my mom, father and I When Feb 28th-March 6th Where: Orange County, California... ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Talking Lilo88's California and Disneyland Trip Report!

Okay so the time has come to start a Trip Report!! Here's the run down

Who went, my mom, father and I
    When Feb 28th-March 6th
    Where: Orange County, California... Anaheim, CA... Hollywood, CA and Laguna Beach, CA.

Let's start this thing!!!

More to come soon... uploading pictures right now...
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Oh I really am happy that you went to see Disney Land and some other destinations. Looking forward to the pictures.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Day 1... Feb 28th 2009 "Getting there is half the battle"

We awoke at 3:30 to get ready and head for the airport. We left for the Richmond International airport around 4:40am and go there a little after 5:00, parked in economy lot A row S2 and caught the bus to the airport. We checked in with Northwest airlines and headed on back through security. Security was crazy but we made it through and gathered our belongings and headed to the gate. I was really nervous and stayed in the restroom most of the morning or walked the terminal to keep busy. I was shaking all over. Finally time had arrived and we boarded the plane sat down and got settled... then the pilot comes out and tells everyone we need to get of the plane.... It had a flat. So it will be a delay to get it fixed... then they booked our connecting flights out of St. Paul later so we wouldn't miss them. Then they came on again and told everyone they need to go retrieve their luggage from the carousel and get other flights. We stood in line forever and then got another flight leaving at 12:30 for Newark NJ on Continental. But the Continental lady booked us earlier to head out because of bad weather heading here. The NWA lady gave us meal vouchers to use at any airport. So we thrue our new bottles of water away that were full and went back through security for the second time. We then are informed our flight has been delayed a little while. We finally board and get ready for take off to Newark, NJ.

It was a cloudy ride and a little bumpy but it was really cool to be airborne and see some familiar sights for a little while. We were over PA before I could see anything again or maybe it was Maryland I don't really know.

before long we were descending into Newark. I saw New York and the statue of liberty!

We got off and took our time getting to our next gate, we had to ride a bus to get there and got off and rode a golf cart a really long ways to our next gate.

we ate at a a Stake place we tried to use our meal vouchers but we couldn't because it was a Continental hub... so we just said we were going to use them when we returned.

The food was okay, my throat was sore so I didn't eat much. 4 hours later we boarded our next flight going to Orange County, CA, John Wayne airport. The sun was setting and it was cloudy but it was really pretty

For the next 6 and a half hours I slept, read and listened to my Ipod. They did serve us dinner thought! It was really good. We had a chicken sandwich, Cesar salad and some chocolate bar that were really good. Land after more land after more land for a long time got really old . We finally were close and flew right over DL I think but I'm not sure because I had a engine and a wing in my view . Finally we made it to the airport!!

the luggage carousel was cool!!

John Wayne!!
    more to come...
    Last edited by lilo88; 03-07-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

part 2

We got our rental cars and headed off to the hotel!

here is our hotel!!

more tomorrow or later on
    Last edited by lilo88; 03-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    great start tiffany, waiting impatiently for the rest!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Great TR so far Tiff! I'm sorry you had so much trouble getting there. That luggage carousel is cool! I love the pics from the airplane! Can't wait to read more!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    great start tiffany, waiting impatiently for the rest!!
    Thanks. Wait a little while then I will have more lol
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Great TR so far Tiff! I'm sorry you had so much trouble getting there. That luggage carousel is cool! I love the pics from the airplane! Can't wait to read more!
    Thanks. That's okay at least I got there . I thought so too, it was so neat seeing your luggage coming down.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Talking Day 2... part one... an amazing view

We got up and got ready, but before we left for the park my dad took us up to the 10th floor to look at the amazing view. This is what we saw...

We left for Disneyland, about 15 min away from the hotel. On the ride to DL it's alot of neat building and things.... this is the science center

and here is the short space mountain! lol
    more to come next
    Last edited by lilo88; 03-07-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Talking Day 2 part 2.... DISNEYLAND!!!! Main Street

We arrived around 9:00am and parked in Daisy level 2. We caught the tram to the park.

We got our bags checked and headed for the entrance...

as expected I teared up at the site of the train station. It didn't seem real, we entered the park and took some pictures

We entered under the train station and saw main street, half of it was boarded up for paving... but it was still magical!!

We grabbed our 1st visit buttons and headed toward the hub.

Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Day 2 part 3 Adventureland

We headed off toward Adventureland

Adventureland is way more detailed I think in Disneyland.
    We let my Dad do what he wanted to do because it was his only day in the parks so we rode JC first

They have parinas in the water! Not real but it was cool to see

My dad walked through Tarzan's Tree house while my mom and I waited for him below

Next up New Orleans Square... Walt Disney's apartment and POTC!

Maybe I will write more later or if not, tomorrow for sure!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I'm loving it Tiff. Nobody should have to wait that long for their first flight.

DL is where I went when I was a kid and then my DH and I Honeymooned there. I love the pictures of Main Street. I remember when the MK used to have all those pretty trees and I miss them. Yea for DL for keeping them.

Can't wait for more.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Loving the trip report Tiff! Great picture of the Partners statue with the blossoms in the trees, springtime in DL is magical. I also love the scenic pics of California you posted, I've had the chance to go a few times and I must admit that I've really fallen in love with California on this last trip!

Parts of Main Street were boarded up when I was there too, it is for paving you said?

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    It looks like you had a great time. I wish I could going to DL.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Tiffany, I cannot wait to read more. Dl is my "home park" after all. The trees have grown so much, I can remember when the castle looked huge and the entrance to IASW looked like a second castle, how times change.

Great camera work by the way, really great. Isn't this country beautiful from the air?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Great pics Tiff. I never seen pictures like those before it's neat to see DL from a different perspective! Now I really want to go!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast