Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Veri's JAN/FEB 09 trip report in the Vacation Planning forums; Well I finally got around to the trip report. In accordance with the latest military writing style format I'll give a quick Botton Line Up Front (BLUF) and then get ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Veri's JAN/FEB 09 trip report

Well I finally got around to the trip report. In accordance with the latest military writing style format I'll give a quick Botton Line Up Front (BLUF) and then get to specifics.

BLUF: Two weeks ended up being a little too long (we both caught colds and were sick the second week), WDW has nothing to worry about when it comes to competition from Universal, The Disney Dining Plan is a great deal and the Cast Members are really working hard.

Day 1, 25JAN09: In the air to see Mickey. We caught JetBlu from Syracuse to NYC and then into Orlando. Left snow behind and got into the sunshine. For whatever reason the Magical Express line was very very long stretching past the elevators int he concourse. Moved along fairly quickly though. ME'd it to Saratoga Springs Resort out room was ready immediately and our vacation began. We started off by going to EPCOT (we never go near MK ona Sunday), grabbed fast pass for Soarin wandered around a bit, came back for our Fast Pass time and then wandered over to germany to enjoy a beverage. Called some friends to rub it in that we were imbibing at the biergarten and then a leisurely stroll through the World Showcase. Wandered back to SSR grabbed dinner at the Turf Club (we both had a steak) and back to the room to unpack, and grab some ZZZs in preparation for Monday.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Veri's JAN/FEB 09 trip report

Sounds fun so far! I think I would like to verify your hypothesis of 2 weeks being too long. I wonder if I could get government funding...

Anyway- sounds great and I can't wait to read more.

Day 2, 26JAN09: Up and off to an 8AM breakfast at Spoodles. Kim had Mickey Waffles, I scarfed down a breakfast flatbread. Sated fromt he morning meal we decided to walk to Disney Hollywood Studios from the Boardwalk. Got there just after rope drop wandered to the new Midway Mania and got a Fast Pass. The crowd was immense at Midway Mania, our fast pass was for 1PM ish and we had gotten there at about 930. Hit the Tower of Terror with about a 10 minute walk on. Dodged Brazilian Tour groups, caught Star Tours, watched Jedi training and on a whim decided to go back to Tower of Terror. Grabbed lunch at 50s Prime Time. Kim had the fried chciken and i had a club sandwich (milkshakes for dessrt of course). Slowly wandered outr way over to Midway mania, ran into a Green Army Man, exchanged salutes and into the Fast Pass lane we went. Midway Mania is fantastic! Take Buzz Light Year amp it a few times and you've got Midway Mania. More to come
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

Well, it is about golly gosh darn time, pal!

Welcome back.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Well, it is about golly gosh darn time, pal!

Welcome back.
    Hey Pal! Good to be back.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Day 2 continued, 26JAN09: After Midway Mania we decided to hit the Tower of terror once again just for the fun of it. After dodging more Brazilian Tour Groups and a 20 minute wait we scramed, and caught the bus back to SSR. Feeling lazy we grabbed a a quick dinner at the quick artist Pallete in SSR and called it a day.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Wow, Veri, it sounds like a great trip so far. 50's Prime Time and Turf Club?, yummers. Trip report sounds good so far. Can't wait to read more.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Day 3, 27JAN09: Another lleisurely day (the theme of this trip was "hey, why hurry? We have two weeks"). We caught the bus to Animal Kingdom and headed straight for Dinosaur. A fiftenn minute wait and we were of for Primeaval Whirl. After dodging more brazilian Tour groups (anyone notcing a theme here?), we got into line expecting a 20 minute wait. After about 25 minutes and barely moving we took a momentous step, for the first time ever in our Disney travels we ducked out of line. Yup we stepped out of a Disney attraction line and went our way. We wandered over to Expedition Everest got a Fast pass and decided to try a walk in Lunch at the Yak and Yeti. We goit seated in about 10 minutes enjoyed a lunch (as i recall we both had some kind fo cjicken) and had a few beverages (a margarita and a Tsingtao beer) to round off the experince. after wandering throught he gift shop Kim waited as i did a solo trip on EE. After wards we strooled through the Jungle trek, walked the Pangani trail and decided it was time for the Kilamnjaro Safari. One stand out was we saw one of the hippos walking out of the water, never saw that before. We did some shopping and decided to head back to SSr for a nap. After our nap we took the boat to Downtown Disney and grabbed dinner at T-rex. One lesson we learned, you usually can get immediate seating at the bar. oddly enouight we ran into another couple form central NY there (they hailed from Utica), a few burgers and beers later and we were ready to turn in for the night.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Pal! Where you been?! We need to chat!

That ME line sounds like the one I encountered when I got to WDW in December, thankfully Gae and Jake came to my rescue.

I LOVE TOY STORY MANIA! Granted I won't wait 120 minutes for it but with a FP it is a blast.

We got stuck in a Primeval Whirl line, it showed 30 minutes but it was more like an hour! Good thing I was in good company! Kerry and Meg made the time go by quicker with some girl talk. I forget what Jake did while we were in line?

Looking forward to the rest and welcome back, was afraid you weren't ever going to come back!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

Pistols and language learning. I'm sure I have a photo.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I think we waited 60 minutes for Toy Story Mania but the kids really enjoyed the theming. They kept asking if there was "that game when you were a kid?" Like I"m ancient or something!

Great report. I am enjoying your relaxing trip.

Day 4 - 28JAN09: Wednesday rolls around and after a quick breakfast at SSR off we went to the Magic Kingdom. We start the day with the Haunted Mansion (as always) and them Thunder Mountain rail Road. I conned Kim into going over to Tom Sawyer island (she has acvoided it for years) and after having way too much fun running back and forth over the barrell bridge we went hit the Fort. After taking pot shot int he gun towers we take our leave through the escape tunnel and just for fun run over the barrel bridge again. We wandered over to POTC and then slip over to the Castle for our ADR at Cinderellas Royal table. For once we were not the only adults there with out children. After a royal repast we hit Laugh Floor Comedy Club, and Buzz light year. Then over to The Teacups. One more run through on Hounted Mansion and back to SSR for a nap. After nap we grabbed a quick dinner at the resort and headed over to Fantasia gardens for some Mini Golf. Our first ever Disney Mini Golf, and it was great. it was evening so the theming really stood out. A definite do over. We wandered over to Board walk just because we could grabbed a bus to downtown and then walked back to SSR from down town.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Dasy 5 - 29JAN09: Another sleep in day and then off to EPCOT. Managed a 15 minute wait for Soaring and grabbed a fast pass for test Track. Couldn't talk Kim into braving Mission Space though. Idly wander World Showcase (somehpow or anotehr we ended up having soem beverages in germany again, and grabbed lunch at the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco (good Hummus by the way). Another stroll over to Test Track. Never failsl to please. We then did some power shopping at Mouse Gear (our favorite Disney store bar none), and decided we needed some nap time after all our exertions (LOL). Back to the resort for a nap, and then back to EPCOT for our 8PM ADR at Coral Reef. One downside, Kim had her heart set on lobster and there was none to be had. Still though any meal enjoye watching fish swim around is solid. We toyed with stsying for Illuminations but opted for a milkshake and a bus ride back to SSR
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Day 6, 30JAN09: Thsi day we mixed it up. After sleeping in (Again) we decided to resort hop a little and went to the Board Walk, wandered, grabbed lunch at Beaches and Cream (we skipped the Kitchen Sink and settled on splitting the No Way Jose) then decided to finish off our shopping and hopped the bus to Down Town Disney. After stimulating the economy we decided to catch a movie. We saw the Underworld Movie about the werewolves in a practically empty theater. After wandering back to SSR and the required nap we grabbed dinner at the Turf Club and called it a day. Our first non-park day.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Day 7, 31JAN09: If you guessed we slept late you were right. So again after grabbing breakfast at the resort we hopped the bus to DHS. Just for fun we took a stroll past Midway mania and of course it was packed. Didn't even think about standing in line. We did a few runs of Tower of Terror (kim's all time favorite), a spin on the Great Movie Ride and Star Tours and on impulse did a walkin on Mamo Melroses. very nice and hardly any wait. After a little more wandering we headed back for the obligatory nap, did some swimming nad then went to the earlier showing of LaNouba in Down Town. A really great show. Afterwareds we grabbed a sandwich at the resort and settled in for the night.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast