Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Wallfan's Disney 2009 in the Vacation Planning forums; Lets get the basic down first Who: Me, my mom,dad and sometimes my brother Why: To see the high school band march before Spectrmagic 4/14/09 I woke up on a ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Wallfan's Disney 2009

Lets get the basic down first
    Who: Me, my mom,dad and sometimes my brother
    Why: To see the high school band march before Spectrmagic

4/14/09
    I woke up on a cloudy rainy day here in Ohio at 7:15 am. After getting ready me and my daddy had some time to watch T.V. After watching Playhouse Disney we left our around 8:40 am to drive to the airport. Once arriving the airport at 9:23 we went through security and got into our little area of our plane. Our plane was not delayed or anything which is always good. Our plane toke off for our 2 hour long flight to Orlando at 10:50. The flight was ok except for the little kid behind me. It was a bit bumpy in some spots but all in all it was ok. We landed at the Orlando airport around 1:08 to see clouds of gray, rainy and bad winds.(which was a good thing for my part of the group because the crowds would not be as bad because of the weather but a bad thing for my brother because the band was at a water park all day.) We checked in and did all the fun stuff. That night we had dinner at Teppan Edo at Japan in Epcot. It was ok, I really did not care for that place the first time we went. But the show part of the meal was amazing. After dinner we saw the America Video then we skipped IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth to go on Soarin'. After that we went back to our hotel and went to sleep.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Re: Wallfan's Disney 2009

4/15/09
    Today we woke up around 6:00ish. We got ready in our small room that I did not care for. Today was the day we went to Animal Kingdom. They had extra Magic Hours in the morning. When we got to AK we went straight to Everest got a fastpass for that then got on it. After riding one of my favorite rides we had a lot of time before our fastpass started so we walked on some of the trails and got another fastpass for the Safari. While we were the walking the monkeys by Everest were "talking", they sound so weird and they are loud. After standing and listening to them for about 10 minutes we went on Everest. After our 2nd time on Everest we did the other trails we did not do before when my camera batteries died. Finally our we could use fastpass for the Safari that was fun like always. I was a little sad that the bridge that shacks did not this time. After we walked over to get a fastpass for Its Tough To Be A Bug, then went to go see the Lion King Show. After seeing both of those we went to lunch at Yak and Yetti. It was so good I got this honey Chicken. After lunch we left and went back to the hotel. Once we got back we went swimming in the Hidden Springs Pool at WL.Around 4:30 we went back to our room and went to DTD. We ate at Earl Of Sandwich. I got the Best BLT and it was so good. After we ate we walked around and went back to the hotel and slept.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata

Hey a fellow Ohioan.
    Sounds like a good start to your trip.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

4/16/09
    Today we went to Magic Kingdom. Today was also the day that the band marched. We got to Magic kingdom around 7:30ish by taking the boat from WL. That morning was another Extra Magic hour. We got to see them open MK which is always fun to see. After that with everyone in the park we ran to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain. After we got a fastpass for buzz we rode Space Mountain the lane was not the bad neither were the crowds. After that we just walked around went on Small World by that time the whole park was open. So we did our favorite ride Big Thunder Mountain, I decide to sit with my father... that was a bit of a mistake on the turns I got squished. After that we went on Splash Mountain (not a good idea) we got so soaked we were wet until we left around 2:00ish. After we got off we looked around for my brother, found a lot of kids from our band but not him so we finally found him, with his little group so we decide to go on HM. After that we had lunch at Tony's Town Square and went back to the hotel to swim. After we cleaned up, we went back to MK. Had dinner at Cosmic Rays. I got Chicken Nuggets. After dinner we went on the CoP then on the TTA. After that fun tour though progress and Tomorrowland, we went over to Fantasyand to see Philharmagic to find some more band people. We talked to them a bit mostly how was the ride down and stuff after seeing Philharmagic we found even more band people and talked to them for about an hour. After that we went to go see my brother march. We were at the end of main street by the bridge. After they marched by around 8:30 we ran over to Frontierland to see them again. While running I messed up my ankle not that bad though to just hurt a lot to walk on. We got back up with the band people we were talking to before we went to Main street and talked to them for a bit. We were going to ride Big Thunder Mountain but the wait was 40 minutes so we found a spot to see Spectromagic. That was so cool too, at the beginning they had a metronome and Goofy playing Timpani.(band stuff.) After that was over we went to see Wishes, we got a spot by the castle on the the left. My brother got to see them from the Train Station. Lucky him. The last thing on out list to do there was to ride Peter Pan which we had a fastpass for. After that we went back to our hotel.
    Mckayla

4/17/09
    Today was our Hollywood Studios Day. The day of many first for me. Today was another Extra Magic Hours in the morning which worked out good. Like most of the other people in the park we ran to Toy Story Midway Mania. We got a fastpass for it and got on it. That has to be one of the best ride at WDW. The line area was cool and so was the ride. This time I was not so good at it. After we got off we went to Rock n Roller Coaster. This was my first time riding this. It was so fun!!! I was a bit scared to ride it at first but when we got on I had a blast!!! After we got off of that we got on to Tower Of Terror also another first time I rode this. That was so fun too. By that time we we could use our fastpass for Toy Story. Which I did a lot better then the first time. After toy story we went to American Idol. That was so much fun. The 3 people were good. There was this guy named Julian. He was here for his show choir and he is the only guy in his school. Then there John. He was a chem. teacher. The last person I did not remember her name but she was a nanny. The only one that wowed me was Julian. He won for that show.After American Idol we went to Muppets 3D. After muppets we had lunch at Momma Melrose which was so good. We had some time to waste and this is were my day went down hill. First we did that drawing class and my pluto did not look like pluto it looked like a boot then when we got out of that Handy Manny was outside of the Playhouse Disney stage so we went to go get in line and the cast member was like sorry we are closing this line so I did not get to see Handy Manny . But we did get a Mickey Bar but that did not get me happy. After that we looked in some gift shops and left to go back to our room. After we got to our room, we picked up the monster we got for my brother and toke to his hotel, All Star Music, So after dropping it off at the front desk he tells us that he is not allowed to go up there so we had to go pick it up and wait for him to get back from AK. He got to his room and we were by the pool by the country building he calls and is like we are back. After running in to some kids and finding out that 3 kids did not come back from AK and that on the way down one of the bus broke and another got pulled over. When we got done talking to them we dropped off to monster and to see if they knew what the super secret surprise was. That our main director made. The only thing they knew was to dress up and everyone thought they throw a curve ball at them and they were going to Disney Quest. Finally we were on our way to DTD we went to the World of Disney and after that we had a nice dinner of Ice Cream from Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop. I got a World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae and my father got the The Golden Gate - Banana Split. Mom got a pretzel.We walked over to PI which is were we found out that the band was seeing Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. Lucky them. So we just left. Everyone that we talked to said that it was really good. Even my brother liked it so that must mean it was good.
    Mckayla

4/18/09
    Our last day full day in WDW. We went to Epcot, so did the band. We ran to Soarin' after the opening party thinky, got a fastpass for it and rode it. After we got off of Soarin , my mom went over to Test Track to get another fastpass for that while me and my dad stayed at the Land to ride Livin' with the Land. That is such a great land. After some daddy and Mckayla bounding time my mom came back and we went on Soarin' again. After that we walk around looking at the gardens and stuff.(I will post pictures when I get them on my computer). We went on Test Track which was fun. We ran in to some band people and got to ride with some of them. After Test Track we went over to Mexico and rode the ride then ate lunch. I was very disappointed in the food this time at Mexico. Last time I got these really good nachos but they changed the menu.After lunch we went back to the hotel to order MagicMeets Tickets. While dad was taking a nap me and mom went to the pin stand in the lobby to look what type of books they have. I bought a small book to keep all my pins in.I also found 2 more pins in the set I want I just need one more. After we got back and father woke up we back to Epcot for Dinner. While walking to China we found a band parent and found out that one of the kids had to go the hospital because she was at some candy store and got something with chocolate or nuts in it and had an allergic reaction good thing both her parnets were on the trip. My brother chilled with us for the rest of the night. For dinner we ate at China. I got Honey Sesame Chicken.(yummm). Our waitress was so nice. Her english was perfect but she kept telling us that it was bad... it was kind of funny. After dinner we ran into a group of band people on the way to Spaceship Earth. We talked for a good 30 minutes. When we were done talking about teal hair and how one of the girls got sick on Spaceship Earth and some one random stuff we got into line to get on Spaceship Earth. After SE we went to see that Canada band and movie...I forgot what they were called. While waiting all these kids were coming out of a high schools were coming out of this cast member only area acting like a bunch of crazy people it was really funny.(you had to be there) after we thought for a long time we finally figured out that it was for Grad Night. After they left it was back to the quietness of Canada. The new Canada movie is a better then the old one ( my thinking) but I liked the old song better. After Canada we found a place to see IllumiNations Reflections of Earth. We were there like 40 minutes before so we got a nice place. After saving spots for 15 of my brother friends which was easy. All 15 of them came at different times but they were all amazed by the show. After the show we said our goodbyes to all of them and they went to there buses while me, mom and dad walked around Epcot. We left by taking a monorail to the TTC then getting one on that takes you to Cont. Once we got to Cont. we waited for a boat to WL. Once we got to WL we packed up some stuff and went to bed
    Mckayla

4/19/09
    Today we woke up and got ready for breakfast at Front Wilderness. It was a very sad morning that we were leaving. I did not want to go home. Once we got ready which felt like forever we dropped off our bags at the front and left for the dock to take a boat over to the campground. Once we got there we went to Trail's End Restaurant we were seated (so far the only ones there) and we got our food. It was a buffet and was really good Once we left there ( there were more people there at that time). We walked around the camp ground then got on to a boat. Once we got back to WL we saw the geyser go off and lifeguards do there training. We slowly walked back to our room. When we got back to the room we looked at each other for 10 minutes the went down to the lobby getting one last pin and some pictures we got into our rental car and drove off to the airport. When we got to the airport we went though security which toke forever, then got into our plane area. We were on Airtran flight number 904 leaving at 12:00pm and arriving in ohio at 2:19.

That was my TR... my trip was so much fun. I didnt not like my hotel that much but it was ok... I hope you enjoyed my TR. Pictures will come a little later.
    Mckayla

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Sounds like you had a great trip and are ready to go back.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Sounds like a good trip! Can't wait to see pics!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Thank you every for reading
    Mckayla

Flickr: wallfan329's Photostream my Disney pictures well some of them
    Mckayla