Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DD's First Trip-Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; DAY 2: Hollywood Studios and Epcot On the second day we went to HS so I could met up with Lou and the gang. First thing that we did was ...
    dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: DD's First Trip-Trip Report

DAY 2: Hollywood Studios and Epcot

On the second day we went to HS so I could met up with Lou and the gang. First thing that we did was Playhouse Disney. Brianna enjoyed this show as this is what she watches in the morning. She didnt want to see the Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast show. We did ride Toy Story Mania. We all had a "blast" on this ride. We had lunch at Pizza Planet and walked around the backlots and found Brianna a Mickey ice cream that she had been asking for since before we left on vacation. By this time it was time to met Lou. It was really nice to met him and the other people from the forums. I got Lou to sign my trivia book and also received a calander and a bunch of pins. Thanks Lou!!!! By this time we were in melt down mode so headed back to the hotel for a rest and swim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-image11.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0033.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0034.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0035.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0038.jpg  

Day 2 cont: After our rest and swim we went over to Epcot as I had made a reservation for the Garden Grill. Brianna wanted to meet Chip and Dale so what better place. Before dinner we took a ride on Spaceship Earth, this really didnt interest Brianna but she enjoyed the playground at the end. By now it was time for our ADR. The food was good as always and the dessert was awsome. After eating we walked off dinner for awhile then went to see Nemo and Crush. The ride was a little dark for Brianna but she liked Crush except for the part where the whale comes up to the tank. Brianna then wanted to go on Test Track so thats where we went next. This is a favorite of ours so when she wanted to ride it again and again we were all for it. After riding Test Track 4 times in a row we were dragging and ready to head back to the hotel to get some rest for the next day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0041.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0046.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0048.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-image26.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-image28.jpg  

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

cool trip.. mine turned 4 in august.. im hoping she is big enough to ride more this time around.. she has been twice already this will be her 3rd trip.. she had her first hair cut at disney on main street the 2nd time we went.
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Day 3: Animal Kingdom

We arrived at AK just before opening and made our way through the crowds to get a start towards Kilimanjaro Safaris. We enjoyed seeing all the animals but it might have been a little to early as some animals hadnt made it out yet. After KS we walked thru the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. When we were done here we ate breakfast at Pizzafari. I recommend this place as the murals on the wall are an attraction by themselves and the food is pretty good too. After breakfast we made our way over to Asia but made a pit stop to see Turk from Tarzan and Ivy. Once in Asia we walked thru the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Brianna didnt care for the giant fruit bats. After this it was off to Kali River Rapids. Again we rode this one several times in a row at the requests of the princess. We then headed over to Dinoland and played some games, in which we did win some stuffed dinos. With all the black top here we all faded pretty quickly and some of us were getting cranky (not the princess) so we decided to head back to the hotel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-image33.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0060.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0066.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0068.jpg  

Day 3 cont: Back to MK
    After a rest and a Dole Whip ( i had several on vacation) we packed up and headed over to MK. This time we took the ferry boat over. Once there we decided to get our sillouetes done. Brianna also got the Mickey balloon she had been asking for since we got to Disney. We ate dinner at Pecos Bills and then went to see the Country Bears. Boy do they age well. (lol) After this we headed over and rode Big Thunder Mountain in the dark, my fave. Brianna really liked this ride and we went on it atleast 4 times as the line was not that bad. We got caught in the crowd for Spectro Magic to start so we took the foot bridge over to Fantasyland and rode IASW twice. As we were getting off small world the last time Wishes was about to start and we had to stay cause everything around us was blocked off. After the fireworks we walked thru Liberty Square to Main Street. On our way thru I noticed that the buildings were all wet and so was the ground. I learned that during the fireworks the buildings in Liberty Square and in the vacinity have sprinklers on them to make sure they dont start on fire during the show. During our walk grandma also bought Brianna a light up spinning Mickey head. And so ends our night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-13.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-19.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-18.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-20.jpg  

Day 4: Back to Epcot
    For our second trip to Epcot we planned to tour the countries. But first a few rides on Test Track. while we waited for World Showcase to open Brianna noticed a gizzy (geco) outside the Mexico pavillion. Once WS opened we started with Mexico first and worked our way around. I had to see the new and "improved?" boat ride in Mexico. It wasnt bad, DD liked it because of Donald Duck. Next was Norway and we rode the Maelstrom. DD got a little freaked out but not to bad. Had to take a picture with the giant troll (thats my mom in the Viking hat). We did get DD a passport and stopped at the Kidcot fun stops. Had lunch at the Liberty Inn. Hubby grabbed a giant turkey leg from the Fife and Drum Tavern. After lunch we were kind of in a rush as we had tickets to see the early show of La Nouba. We cruised thru the rest of the countries but stopped to see the topiaries.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-2_0001.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-3_0001.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-6_0001.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-9_0001.jpg  

Day 4 cont

After La Nouba we walked around Downtown Disney and headed to Fultons for dinner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-14_0001.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-15_0001.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-18_0001.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-13_0001.jpg  

Day 5: Our last full day

On our last day we went back to MK. Me and my mom got our Mickey ears and checked out the Main Street entertainment, while hubby and DD went to get fast passes to Splash Mountain, which we rode twice. After this we did some shopping and just absorbed the magic as we knew it would be awhile before we would be back. that night me, hubby, and DD went downtown and ate at Rainforest Cafe. Grandma stayed back at the hotel and had dinner at Kona Cafe. After dinner we stopped at Goofy's candy shop and DD made a Mickey Mouse rice crispy treat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-25_0001.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-1_0002.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-4_0002.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-7_0002.jpg  

Day 6: Going home

Magical Express wasa set to pick us up at 12 so we hung out at the hotel and did some more shopping and relaxing.

However on our way home we lost a Disney bag in which our Photopass cd, a picture frame, a sweatshirt, our Splash Mountain picture and growth chart in it. Needless to say the airlines never found it. Once we got home I called and ordered everything again. Then once home my DD lost her Disney charm bracelet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-18_0002.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-9_0002.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-24_0002.jpg  

Here are some pics from around out hotel, the lovely Polynesian.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0008.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-11.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-12_0002.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-6_0002.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-r1-23_0002.jpg  

We are planning to go back in 2011 for the 40th anniversary. This time we will have a new little princess along with us.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

aw.. everything looked awesome..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12