Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DD's First Trip-Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; April 25th 2009 5 am Waking up at 3:15 in the morning was a little hard for DD but once we got on the shuttle to the airprot she was ...
    dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

DD's First Trip-Trip Report

April 25th 2009 5 am

Waking up at 3:15 in the morning was a little hard for DD but once we got on the shuttle to the airprot she was getting excited. Once we got through security and to the gate it was a little wait before we boarded the plane. Once on board, DD got herself settled and buckled. So the flight attendant gives the safety speach,the jet way is moved and the door locked, we are all set to go right, WRONG! The pilot comes over the intercom and announces that the cargo door came off the tracks when they crew tried to close it and that they need to call in a maintance guy. So, they unlock the door, bring back the jetway and off the plane we go.
    We wait back at the terminal for about an hour have some coffe and juice (which DD spilled all over her Disney shirt and I had to buy a Milwaukee shirt at the terminal,because I only packed shorts and undies in her carry on) and a cinnimon roll. We got back on the plane and had a nice short trip to Chicago. Once in Chicago we had about a hour and a half lay over which was good because we had to make it from terminal F to B. Just as we were exitting the F terminal, a guy noticed my mom walking with a cane and offered to shuttle us down to our gate in terminal B. Once there we got some breakfast from McD's and waited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-my-first-plane-ride-.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-peek-boo.jpg  
    Last edited by dsnyqwn1; 01-18-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Re: DD's First Trip-Trip Report

The flight from Chicago to Orlando was uneventful if you do dont count the screaming toddler sitting next to my mom in the row next to us. (He fell asleep about 30 minutes into the trip and woke up about 15 minutes before we landed.) Brianna thought the big plane was cool and couldnt wait try out the potty. She fell asleep shorty after they passed out refreshments and didnt wake up until about 30 minutes before we landed. Once we got off the plane and got to the main terminal, I got in line for the DME and the others waited. It was about a 15 minute wait, there we alot of people there including the dance and cheer groups and their parents. Once we were checked in we waited about 5 minutes before our DME bus came to pick us up. The bus that we were on took passengers to the Contempary, Poly and GF, and bonus they dropped us off first at the Poly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-our-plane-orlando.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-magical-express.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-walt-disney-world-.jpg  
    Last edited by dsnyqwn1; 01-18-2010 at 01:50 PM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looking forward to the rest.

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Can't wait to hear more!
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

So far so good.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can't wait to read the rest!
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

I will post more once I get our Photopass cd (more on this later).

Sorry for the laps in the report, was busy during the summer and now that i am on bed rest it seemed like a good thing to finish.

Anyway, once we got checked in and settled we took a ride on the monirail to epcot and back. We got to sit in front which Brianna thought was cool. After that we headed to the Contemporary to eat dinner at Chef Mickeys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-brianna-grandma.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-briannas-1st-monorail-ride.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-mickey2.jpg  

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

awesome cant wait to see all the pics
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

More chef Mickey pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-goofy.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-donald2.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-minnie.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-pluto.jpg  

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

oh i love love love chef mickey.. its my must visit on every trip.. how old is your lil girl?
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Went to bed early that night to get ready for our first whole day at the Magic Kingdom.

First Day: April 25
    As usually I was the first one up, showered and dressed. Once everyone else was up and moving we got ready to go and took the monorail over. Brianna's first ride was Dumbo. She enjoyed this ride. Next was its a small world, Peter Pan (which Brianna really didnt enjoy because it was dark), Cinderella's Golden Carrousel and then Winne the Pooh. After this we headed to Mickeys Toontown and rode Goofy's Barnstormer. Brianna was disapointed in this ride. We were heading back into the station when she asked her dad if it was over, his reply was yes, in which she stated that she didnt like this ride because it was to short. At this point we headed to the Crystal Palace for lunch. At this point this is where my mom lost her camera and lost the pics she had taken already that day. At least I had taken some on mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-image03.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-image08.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-riding-carrousel.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-giving-eeyor-hug-.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-me-piglet.jpg  

At the time of this trip she had just turned 4 three months before we went.

After lunch it was off to Adventureland. We went on the Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Magic Carpets and saw the birds of the Tiki Room. After this it was about 2 ish and we headed back to the hotel for a little rest and a swim. However before we exited we met Rafiki and caught the afternoon parade where Brianna was handed the streamers from one of the cast members. The last picture is from my favorite sitting area by the pool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-rafiki.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0001.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0010.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0012.jpg  

After a swim and a little rest it was back to the Magic Kingdom. We hit Tomorrowland and went on Buzz Lightyear twice and then had dinner at Cosmic Rays. Brianna enjoyed this restaurant and it offered enough choices for all 4 of us. After dinner we wondered around and just took in the view. Brianna ended up going on Dumbo again and after we caught Wishes. We took our time heading out and took the monorail back to our hotel. As you can tell by the last picture Brianna had a fun day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0013.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0014.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0015.jpg   DD's First Trip-Trip Report-2009-05-28_0016.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast