Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss 2009 Eric and Jacque's DCL and WDW Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Here I/We go again! Another year, another Disney trip, and another trip report. Jacque' and I are going to travel on some uncharted waters (excuse the pun) and some familiar ...
    WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder

2009 Eric and Jacque's DCL and WDW Trip Report

Here I/We go again! Another year, another Disney trip, and another trip report. Jacque' and I are going to travel on some uncharted waters (excuse the pun) and some familiar roads.

This time, I'm going to try to do something different. I'm hoping to have Jacque' chime in on this thread. I think it would be great to have her give her thoughts as we are going along.

So, the adventure begins....

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: 2009 Eric and Jacque's DCL and WDW Trip Report

Have a great trip. we are leaving for the World in a few hours and will start in the Parks on the 10th for 10 days.

Trip Details

For this vacation we decided to do something a bit different and a bit familiar. The different part, to go on a Disney Crusise. The familiar part is to go back to WDW.

I have several questions about the Cruise since this is our first cruise ever. We are using the same travel agent that we used last year, but I will be asking you guys some of the same questions. It will be fun to get your guys input on this as well.

The WDW leg of this trip will be familiar. I just need to scale things down. I am so used to planning a week and a half trip. But, I am up for the challenge!

So, here are the details of the trip:

First Leg: 4 night Bahamian Cruise
    Sept. 20th to 24th aboard the Disney Wonder

Second Leg: 7 nights at WDW
    Sept. 24th to Oct. 1st - With free dining (booked on the bounceback offer)
    Staying at the Coronado Springs resort
    Already purchased Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for Sept. 29th.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)

Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Gotta get there somehow...

I know on my 2008 pre-trip report, I talked about airfare. I am going through my same dilemma, when is the right time to book.

I found the flight I think would be best for us to take. We would like to fly Delta from Las Vegas to Orlando with a stop at Los Angeles on Sept. 19th. We leave at 7:00PM and arrive at Orlando at 6:00AM on the 20th. I think this is the best flight for us for two reasons. First, we will be going to LA, then non-stop to Orlando, don't need to worry about hurricanes. Second, we don't need to transfer planes early in the morning, more sleep time. Coming back, I'm not too worried about which flight, just so we can hang out one last day at the world. I do have a flight selected, that leaves at 5:00PM.

Back in January, this airfare for both Jacque' and I was $560. Currently, it is $470. So, it has come down! I am watching it on a daily basis. Checking the seats to make sure that there are plenty left for us. We will see if it comes down any more. Hope it does the closer we get to the date.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

WDWTravelerwife is offline A-Ticket holder

Watching Eric plan

Today Eric took the time to show me all of the fun stuff to do on our Disney Cruise. Usually I just sit back and let Eric do all the work (I still do) and let him tell me when to show up. But this time I'm actually giving him my input which he always ask for but I'm to lazy to give. It seems like it's going to be a really great new experience. It's exciting seeing Eric get so happy to plan it.

I always look forward to all of our Disney vacations but this feels a little special since I have never being on a large boat. The last time I was on a boat was when I married Eric 11 years ago. We had our reception on an old fashion paddle boat. I was a little scared on going on a cruise since I have really bad motion sickness, but Eric assured me I could get a shot and that it won't get in the way of us having fun. Right now we are figuring out where we are going to do our reservations, checking out menus, and spa treatments(awesome).

We are finalizing passports, pick up and drop off at the airport, and of course shopping for Disney attire. I still do our weekly Disney Store & Outlet trip. A girl can never have enough Disney stuff. Sometimes I find something, sometimes I don't, but it's always fun to go and check it out.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

If your Cruise line offer it, take the day trip to Atlantis-WAY worth it.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Passport Fiasco

It’s been more than a month for me to have posted a trip report, and life has been absolutely busy. I got so much to talk about and update everyone on, if I ramble along, I’m sorry.

To start, let’s go with Jacque’s passport drama. Jacque’ was born in Mexico and before we met, became a naturalized citizen of the US. When we went to buy the house a couple of years ago, she had her Certificate of Naturalization. But now she needs it to get her passport, and it is missing in the house. She tears up the house to find it, but to no avail.

I call the passport office to see what we can do to get her passport. They say that we can apply for a new Certificate and use the receipt as proof. Off to the local Immigration Office we go in June to see what it will take to get her a replacement certificate. She needs to put another application and pay a fee in order to get the certificate. The Immigration Office has all the information, but tells us that it will take about one month to get the receipt and they have a 5 month turn around for the actual certificate.

Just like we were told, we get the receipt in a month. So, to be safe, I call the passport office again to make sure they just want the receipt. I get someone new, and a different story. Either get the certificate or get a letter of confirmation from immigration. In the meantime, Jacque’ hears that if you write your state senator, you may be able to speed the process up. In the meantime, we had to make a decision. Change our plans on the cruise, or try our luck. Living in Vegas, I’m a gambling man. We paid our cruise in full and kept moving forward on going on the cruise.

Then our prayers were answered last week. Jacque’ receives her actual Certificate of Naturalization in the mail. The letter she sent to Senator Harry Reid came through. Thank you Senator Reid for helping us out when we needed it. Even if you hadn’t come through, you would still have our vote.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Senators are great for moving stuff along. Otherwise, not so much.

Glad to see it is all moving right along. I look forward to reading all the details.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.