Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Are you satisfied with your Disney Rewards Visa Card?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Are you happy with the Disney Visa Card? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'd have to say yes and no. I've had my card almost 6 years. I too think Chase is stingy - but they are with all of their rewards cards. ...
    crocrafter is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Are you happy with the Disney Visa Card?

I'd have to say yes and no. I've had my card almost 6 years. I too think Chase is stingy - but they are with all of their rewards cards. The trick with any of these programs is to use the credit card as often as possible. When I tell people that, I usually get a question about getting into trouble financially by doing this and I don't get that. By using my credit cards (I also have an AMEX cash award card - percentage grows with use) I get a complete history of my purchases every month - no wondering where my money went or if I spend wisely. Also, I pay off the cards in full - if the money is not going to be in the bank by due date, I don't spend it. So this works for me.

The advantages of the Disney card are sometimes not apparent. There are promotions, free offers and discounts - it's just a matter of whether they cater to your interests. You can go on-line and check out the current offers. I do make use of the 6 month no interest period to pay off vacations at WDW. Leaving the money I've saved up in my savings account may not get me a ton of interest, but it adds up and goes to paying for a character meal or tour. This past spring I debated for several months about the pros and cons of DVC. Until I received an offer exclusive for card members. It was literally too good to pass up. And the deposit went on my card and doesn't have to be paid until December.

If you are debating getting one, I'd say go for it and try it. Other than the credt check that goes for any new card, there is no investment. If you find it doesn't work well enough, you can cancel it and go for another program that fits your lifestyle better.

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just got the card back in November of '08. I had been using a different rewards card, but then realized that the Disney rewards were, well, more rewarding. I put everything I can on the card from groceries to utilities. Basically, unless it's cash only, I whip out the DRV. It's amazing how quickly the points add up when you do this. By the time I go to WDW in Novemeber, I'll have a few hundred points that will basically be free money since I pay the card off in full each month. I think it's a great program.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

peterparkerr is offline A-Ticket holder

This is a good card. It gives you something back when you visit DisneyLand. This is a card where you can enjoy and wait for something in return.

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

I really don't use it enough to see much rewards from it. My major spending goes onto my Southwest Airlines card for free flights.

My primary use of it is the 6-months interest free on Disney vacation packages, and the free character photo at DCA and Epcot.
    Joe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12