Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Are you satisfied with your Disney Rewards Visa Card?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Are you happy with the Disney Visa Card? in the Vacation Planning forums; Some people think it's the best card available because they earn points for Disney and it's fun to show off their Disney pride. Others feel the 1% back on purchases ...
    eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Are you happy with the Disney Visa Card?

Some people think it's the best card available because they earn points for Disney and it's fun to show off their Disney pride.

Others feel the 1% back on purchases is stingy and that bonus promotions are loaded with fine print. There has also been some concerns about customer service at Chase not being up to the Disney standard that we're all used to.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Are you happy with the Disney Visa Card?

Maybe the 1% is low, but it's 1% that you wouldn't get if you didn't have the card. I enjoy earning those rewards just the same.
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

I like my Disney Visa because it does give you something back rather than nothing and that they offer exclusive deals throughout the year (last year we were able to get Free Dining in December). I know that I can do better and get a cash back card and apply the same money to a Disney trip, but like eyeinthesky said, it shows my Disney pride and I can take advantage of the deals as well.
    ~Ashleigh

MrCottonsParrot is offline B-Ticket Holder

It's a good card but not great. 1% understandably could be considered stingy. I'd like to see Chase offer different tiers of rewards ... like 1% for most purchases, but 2-4% back for specific Disney-related purchases (Disney store, disney.com, parks and resorts, park tickets, etc).

We use our Visa heavily to maximize our points, BUT we pay for it in full every month. Also, I consider the 'no annual feel' a bonus, so I'm basically paying nothing to get several hundred Disney dollars.

They do have the bonus points from time to time. This past January they ran a 3 month promotion of 5% back on gas and groceries. I used the card like crazy to get those points. But they were just added to my account this month. It was significantly less than I expected too. By my calculation I was expecting over 120 points but I only got 15. I got a major run around with Chase and finally they wrote me a letter saying that to qualify, I needed to spend over $1200 each month in gas and groceries.

In addition, there was a 100 point cap for the promotion. I guess I feel cheated in some way because I didn't read all the fine print--I know my own fault, but still...

Had I known that, I would have used another card that was offering double points and I could have used that to buy my airfare.

It's definitely worth having the Disney Visa for some of their exclusive perks, but I will no longer use it primarily to earn points.
    www.bestwdw.com

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

My wife asked about this awhile back and I forgot all about it. Thanks for bringing up the topic. I'll have to look into it and appreciate all the comments.

wdwfan1313 is offline B-Ticket Holder

My wife and I keep our cards for the "perks", which to me are barely worth using up that coveted space in my wallet, and rarely if ever use it for purchases. We have found that using a card that offers airline miles or straight cash back works much better for us. I was hoping and still do that part of D23 would be some sort of customer loyalty program wherein they would actually offer perks and discounts on vacations available only to members instead of making such promotions available to the general public obtainable by card holders three whole days early. I have trouble thinking of any companies save for Disney that do not offer a loyalty program of some kind. Even the haberdashery (yes that's a real word) I go to will give me a free par of socks if buy fifty of them first.

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

I like some of the perks of the card, such as a free 5x7 character picture a day at DCA or Epcot. I like that I have 6 months interest free to pay off a Disney Vacation Package.
    Joe.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

I like the 1% back on purchases. One of the better perks is 10% off at world of disney in downtown disney. I've also saved 20% on tours. We use the card for all our purchases and also pay it off every month so we pay no interest. We use the rewards dollars at the world of disney. My DW knows this is our fun money and can buy whatever she wants. I forgot about the free picture in Epcot, we'll have to do this in September. First time for the dining plan and first time for six months no interest on our package with free dining.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

The discount at World of Disney is a good benefit. Just be sure to remind the Cast Member that you want the 10% off, it's not necessarily automatic.
    www.bestwdw.com

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

You do have to tell them, but you don't have to use the disney visa to pay for your purchases.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

TheCopesFamily is offline A-Ticket holder

First, let me state that I overall am happy with the card. We have had it for about 2 years now and have been pleased.

However, I did notice that the non-monetary benefits were heavily weighted towards Disneyland, such as the free stroller rental, ect. More of those for the World would be nice.
    The Copes Family of Indianapolis, Indiana USA
    Me, My DW, DS #1 (5 years old), DD (3 years old), & DS #2 (2 years old).

Dec 2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Jun 2006 - Caribbean Beach

Several others as a kid - off property.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

We use it all the time to build disney points.
    I also enjoy the 10% discount and like others have mentioned....you just have to HAVE it, you dont have to use it to get the 10% off.
    Our interest rate went from 3.99 to 9.99 (like all other card rates...went UP) BUT, we try to keep the balance in check, and we almost always do.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by thegoz85 View Post
    Maybe the 1% is low, but it's 1% that you wouldn't get if you didn't have the card. I enjoy earning those rewards just the same.
    i agree, we usually have.. oh, 300.00 -400.00 on it in disney points...thats 3-400.00 that i wouldnt have had...

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

We are super-happy with the Disney Visa Card, and we have seen points add up faster than we expected.

The perks have been nice, and we took advantage of free stroller rental when we were in DL in April and a nice discount on the World Showcase Segway Tour last September. There are often specials in the quarterly newsletters that are worth checking out.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast