Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Shere Khan's Trip Report: Sept 13th - Sept 19th in the Vacation Planning forums; Sept 16th – Day Four: DHS and Downtown Disney Slept in just a little bit today and in the morning was feeling ok. Not great, but ok. Took some quick ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Re: Shere Khan's Trip Report: Sept 13th - Sept 19th

Sept 16th – Day Four: DHS and Downtown Disney

Slept in just a little bit today and in the morning was feeling ok. Not great, but ok.
    Took some quick pics of the 50’s while walking to the bus stop.

Today we were heading to DHS.

When we arrived we went straight back to TSM to get a fast pass. We had only done this ride once before and that was last year so we were really looking forward to it. The FP return time was around noon and it was only ten at this point. At Pixar Place we saw Luxo Jr. and I was so excited! How cool is this????? Would have loved to watch him some more, it was really a treat to get to see it.

We decided to go on the Great Movie Ride first. We asked for the cowboy scene and was told there wasn’t one. That was one of the things that the book I bought told me to ask about. I wonder if they only have that in the event of large crowds. Oh well – we saw the gangster scene. Took some pics here but without using flash most of them were blurry.

Next we hit American Idol for an 11 o clock show. I am a fan of Idol as it is, and I really really enjoyed it. I thought the recorded parts of the idols giving the contestants advice was pretty corny and aside from new contestants/judges each show, I can see where this might get old. But I thought it was a cool idea. The three contestants I saw were all fairly good. The girl we voted for ended up winning. She was only 14 and I was very excited for her.
    Question though…so the winners of the finale each night get a pass for a real American Idol audition. What about if someone wins who is over 30??? There was a guy we watched who had to be in his 40s or 50s. He didn’t win, but if he had, what really would that have gotten him? He can’t audition for the real show. Unless…the rules have changed?

After Idol we were hungry so we decided to use our CS credit at the Backlot Express, which I find amusing that it’s no where near the Backlot Tour where I would guess it might be. I had done some reading prior to the trip and did not find the options at DHS to be all that appealing. I heard to stay away from ABC Commissary. We had already tried the outdoor stands near ToT last year and while it was fine, didn’t really care about it. At Backlot Express I had a grilled turkey and cheese and mom had some salad that now I can’t remember what it was like. I enjoyed mine very much.
    We were talking to this lady there whose grandson was outside with mom trying to get picked for Jedi Training. She said they had been there the last two days at almost each show trying. He wanted this thing bad!!! While we were eating we were watching out the window and he finally got picked. I was so glad!

After lunch we went over to watch MuppetVision 3D which is always great!

It was shortly after this that the heat starting getting to me again, and I began feeling sick to my stomach again. Why me???
    We went over to TSM to use our fastpass. Loved it just as much as the first time!!

We went over to Lights, Motor, Action thinking hey we can sit down under an awning. Perfect! We haven’t seen this show in its entirety yet because last year it was pouring down rain for most of it and they had to keep stopping it, then not all of the stunts could be performed.
    Well we didn’t make it through this time either because for some reason even though we were sitting, I was getting extremely hot and ill feeling. We left towards the end of the show so I could get to the bathroom. 

We went into a store and my mom decided she thought I needed Alka Seltzer. She was talking to a CM who was saying it had to be the heat. He was originally from IL and he said when he moved to Florida he would have spells where he would dry heave for hours. He told me I could sit down in the store against the wall, so I did for a while to cool off.

Our dinner was going to be at Cape May Café at 5:30 and it was only around 2 at this point but my mom said maybe we should head over there slowly and sit around in the lobby for a while like we did yesterday to take it easy. I agreed that it was probably a good idea. Plus it would give us some time to look around the Yacht & Beach Club since we had never been there.
    My mom got me another wheelchair so we could get out of the park alright. We stopped into One Man’s Dream just quickly because I love it so much. On our way out we saw the parade passing by. Getting down that street with the wheelchair was not easy.

Once out, we boarded the boat to the Y&B Club. Originally we had plans to walk the trail, but it was not gonna happen now. The boat ride was nice though. I took a lot of pictures along the way. I can’t believe how beautiful all these resorts are. I would give my left arm to stay at the Boardwalk now, I LOVED it! And the short walk to the World Showcase, I can’t imagine how wonderful that would be.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

After getting off the boat, it was so hot we went straight into the Yacht Club as quickly as possible. Took a seat in the lobby for about a half an hour. Once cooled down and feeling MUCH better we walked around inside for a while. Simply beautiful.
    We then walk through the hotel to get to the Beach Club. Walking by Cape May on our way to the lobby. We would soon be eating there.

Dinner was excellent. I was feeling ok and ate quite a bit but not too much. Went really slow to see how I would feel. I wanted desperately to walk around the Boardwalk so I was glad that I didn’t feel terrible like earlier.

I think if I had my choice between the Yacht and the Beach Club I would choose Beach. I loved the YC and it had a little more of a sophisticated feel to it, but the BC was so beautiful and had a little more color and flair to it. I really like how both looked, would love to see a room!
    But hands down I would stay at Boardwalk above anything else now! Even above the GF. I thought it was so elegant and just the whole atmosphere was enchanting. I would love to be next door to Epcot, that would be a dream.

From the Boardwalk we got on a bus to DTD. We had yet to shop and thought maybe we could get all of it done there, although we are not huge shoppers. I have also been wanting to go to T-Rex badly! Not to eat, but I was hoping prior to the trip we could sit for a quick drink and just see the atmosphere for a cheap price.
    We went to World of Disney first and were there for a bit. I was still hanging in there.

After that we went over to T-Rex. Walking up it seemed packed. I thought oh boy we are not going to be able to even have a drink. Surprisingly there were several open seats at the bar. Everyone was waiting on tables for dinner (even though I felt it was late, it was almost 10)
    We sat down and both ordered a Cotton-Apple Tini. It was pretty cool, the bartender filled the glass with cotton candy, then poured the drink over it and it dissolved. I have never drank a drink so slow though. Mine was SO strong. My mom is over here just chugging it down and I am looking at her amazed. She finished and I still had half a glass. So I said “Here drunky, have some of this.” She took a gulp and almost choked. Apparently hers had tasted like candy. Mine tasted like straight liquor with some cotton candy chunks floating in it. Anyways, we finished our one drink after quite a long while and decided it was time to get back to the hotel. Loved seeing T-Rex though. The meteor shower where everything got all loud was cool. And I thought the area above the bar was awesome with the octopus legs moving all around. I was glad we were able to get in just to see some of it.

We called it a night and went back to the hotel.
    Day 5 coming soon.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Sept 17th – Day Five: Disney’s Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom

Felt better this morning - We decided to go back to DHS this morning which is something that I did not think we would want to do. I had originally planned us going back to AK on this day because I like AK much more then DHS.
    But – we did not get as much accomplished at DHS the day before because I was not feeling well and there were some things we still wanted to do.
    I wanted to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid and wanted to go into the Animation building because I have always loved it. We also wanted to see BatB but was not sure about time.
    We skipped ToT and RnRC this trip. We always skip ToT. I have done it once and never will again, even though I am bummed that I can’t see the inside of the hotel. I don’t remember it from the first and last time I rode it. I love RnRC but before we even got to Florida my mom asked me if I minded if we did not go on it. Which I didn’t mind. She likes roller coasters but she hates that first feeling of taking off and hates the waiting part even more. I somewhat agree, while I love the ride, I am always so nervous at the start. So with me not feeling the best, we decided it was not a big deal to skip over both of these rides. We didn’t even walk down Sunset Boulevard, but when we got there we decided to go halfway down to get some pics of the Tower and visit the Villains shop.

I am always looking for Shere Khan merchandise. Rarely ever find any.
    We went over to Starring Rolls to use a snack credit since we did not have breakfast. I had a blueberry muffin that I very much enjoyed but had to scarf down because we took it with us while going over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and they were letting people in for the first show and said we had less then a minute and I couldn’t bring in the muffin. We didn’t want to wait for another show though so I gulped it down!
    I love Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I don’t care what anyone says, it just puts a smile on my face. It could be longer and I wouldn’t mind.
    After this we went into the Animation building. Last year upon entering you went into a theatre for a presentation. This time this was bypassed and you head straight into the building. Anyone know why this is? Did they get rid of it all together or are they planning something new?

There was some lovely Princess and the Frog artwork.

And Rapunzel!!! I cannot wait for this!

We saw Sorcerer Mickey with hardly any line and in the nice air conditioning. So glad we did not have to wait in that Toon Town line to meet some type of Mickey.

Next we got in line for the UP characters, who were not yet out but were supposed to be there in about ten minutes. When the time came for them a CM came out and said it would be another 10 to 15 minutes. We didn’t mind so we said we would wait. Not even 5 minutes later Russell came out alone. The people in line were not happy that they could not wait in their spot for all three characters, but we didn’t mind too much. I love Russell anyways!!

We went over by The Indiana Jones show, we knew we did not want to see it. I have been to it the last 3 trips and really wouldn’t be sad if I never saw it again. I think it is time for them to put something new there. The reason we went over there was to find the rope from the Hidden Magic book I had read.
    The sign says Do NOT Pull Rope with the Not crossed out. I told my mom to pull it. She did not get the sign apparently because she really thought she would get in trouble. She pulled it after a minute and it was hilarious. Everyone needs to do this, such a cute little secret.

It was now 11 o clock and we knew we would want lunch by noon. We really did not want to eat anywhere in DHS and felt that we were probably pretty much finished with what we wanted to do there. We didn’t get to see BatB though.  There was an 11 o clock show but we wanted to get on a bus and try to get back over to MK before noon so we could have lunch there. Plus there was still a lot in MK we hadn’t gotten to. We really hadn’t gotten to anything in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland the previous times.
    So we jumped on a bus to MK and when we arrived went straight back to Cosmic Rays for lunch. I was all about trying new places to eat this trip since we were on free dining, but I just love Cosmic Rays and even though we have been there before I was really craving it. Since I was feeling better I had a delightful Cheeseburger and apple slices and loved every minute of it.

After lunch we went into Tomorrowland and saw Stitch over by the CoP.

We jumped on CoP since we were right there. Still love it, but still find the last futuristic scene so corny. I wish they would keep the scene like the rest where the family members are on the sides in their own revolving rooms. For some reason the grandma and son really annoy the **** out of me.
    We also went on Buzz, Monsters Inc, and Astro Orbiter. We wanted to do this the other night in the dark but the line was long and it was when I was not feeling the best. I really loved getting to go on this though. It has been at least 14 years since I was.
    We got a smoothie at Auntie Gravity’s. Holy YUM! I had Strawberry Banana and my mom had Orange Pineapple. Both delicious!
    We walked over to the castle from Tomorrowland to take some more pics. I had not really gotten any great day shots and wanted to get a few more.

We walked up the path behind the castle and into Fantasyland. We went into Tinker Bell’s Treasures looking for the keyhole that Tinker Bell is supposed to be hiding in, only to find out from a CM that the keyhole had been covered up. She let us ring the bell however to awaken Tinker Bell. It was so cute. I highly recommend anyone to go in there and ask if they can ring the bell.

We then went to see Philharmagic and Haunted Mansion again.

Then we went over to Splash to get a FP and went back to the Hall of Presidents to see the new show.
    The parade was going by and the Hall of Presidents show did not start for 15 minutes so we stood in front of the building and watched some of the parade.

Hall of Presidents was fantastic!!
    I used to be extremely bored by it but I really loved it this time and was really interested and into it the whole time. I was extremely impressed and this is one of my must sees for future trips. It used to be one that I could see or not see and not be upset.
    It was now time for our Splash FP. I had been wanting to go on this all week and was pumped that we finally were. They placed us in the front row and we switched with the people behind us because we are sissies! I don’t think the man and his daughter had been on it before.

The front row got soaked!!!! I pretty much thought they probably hated us, but they were good sports.
    At this point we only had about an hour before our reservations at Kona, so we went over to catch the monorail so we could check out the Poly a bit more before dinner.
    I’m sorry, I know everyone loves the Poly but I don’t really see the appeal from the lobby alone. Granted, I have never been in the rooms or pool areas. We did go to the Luau a few years ago and while I loved that, I think I felt the same way about the resort atmosphere. For that money I would gladly go to Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach anyday.

Kona however was simply fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark this down as my favorite table service all week. The bread was wonderful!!
    I had the shrimp and scallops and mom had the teriyaki new york strip which she said was unbelievable.
    I decided on the White Chocolate Cheesecake although I really wanted the chocolate torte (but I had gotten chocolate desserts at almost ever other restaurant this week). But it ended up being a wonderful choice. Because mom was so stuffed she got the fondue.

After dinner we went back into MK for Spectromagic and Wishes.

Around 7 Main Street was already looking a little packed so we thought we would try Frontierland this time. We have never watched a parade anywhere but Main Street before.
    Upon walking over to Frontierland we found it was way less busy. We thought we might have time to jump on the Jungle Cruise and still find a spot for the parade. So that is what we did.

After the ride we went back and still found a spot to sit down right behind the rope for Spectromagic, which as always was fantastic. Got a few decent shots although I still need to figure out the settings on my camera because most of these were blurry.

This next one I just think is kinda funny. Bashful was right in front of us and I think he was trying to look shy at some of the kids. I could not get my camera to take a picture and it finally took when he was literally right in front of me. The pic looks like he is covering his eyes because the flash went off, but really he was just trying to look shy.

Wishes was also awesome as usual. Only got a few that I thought were decent.

After Wishes we shopped for a while. People walking through the shops just to get out is extremely annoying. I just found this out at a time when I actually wanted to shop and could not get through the masses of people who are just trying to leave the park and avoid Main Street. I don’t think it gets them there any quicker.
    We stayed around for a good 45 minutes and thought at this point the bus line might be better. We left to THE worst bus line experience I have ever had at WDW. Keep in mind I don’t go during summer, spring break, or Christmas, so I am sure it has been much worse then this before.
    All the resort lines were to the very back of the line. POP itself was taking up sections 17 & 18.

I am just finding out now that this may have been due to the bomb scare thing that day. We were totally oblivious that this even happened until just this week.
    Overall – GREAT day. I had my moments of ill feelings but we would quickly get in somewhere cool and it went away. I was glad I actually go to do something at normal speed today.
    Thanks for reading!!!

peanut is offline NOOTS!

WOW! Great trip report and FABULOUS pictures! Sorry you weren't feeling well, but it looks like you had a fantastic time! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    WOW! Great trip report and FABULOUS pictures! Sorry you weren't feeling well, but it looks like you had a fantastic time! Thanks for sharing
    Thanks peanut!!!
    Yes we still had fun, I was just more frustrated then anything those two days. Was mad at myself and thinking I ruined my mom's trip.

peanut is offline NOOTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Thanks peanut!!!
    Yes we still had fun, I was just more frustrated then anything those two days. Was mad at myself and thinking I ruined my mom's trip.
    It's funny - you will probably remember this trip more than you than you would have if it had been a "regular" trip. It's the irregularities that sometimes make the best memories!

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder

Great Trip report and the pictures are excellent.

Kona Cafe is terrific and the bread and whipped butter that they give you is awesome.

Sept 18th – Day 6: Epcot

We had barely spent any real time in Epcot this trip. We normally spend almost three full days here. So far this trip we were only there one night for dinner and one morning that was supposed to be almost a full day but was cut short because I had to get ill feeling. So I was particularly excited about this day.
    Except…we slept in!!
    It wasn’t my idea, we woke up at 6 and I remember saying let’s just sleep one more hour or so and then we will get up and get ready. We woke up at 9:45!!!!!!!!!
    Oh well – we did need it. My mom was starting to get a small cold now too!

We got to Epcot at about 11. I guess that is not terrible. We did accomplish most of Future World the other times so we mainly wanted to walk around World Showcase, see the movies/rides we missed, and take pictures of the countries.
    Upon arriving we saw Daisy with a short line! I don’t recall ever meeting Daisy before so I was so excited!

After meeting her, we started our trip into the World Showcase, since it was nearing lunch time we decided to use our CS at Yorkshire County Fish Shop. We have eaten at the Rose and Crown before but have never gotten the fish and chips from the fish shop so I think it was a good choice. We almost chose Tangerine Café, which I still want to try. But basically it came down to the fact that we got to the fish shop first!

We browsed some more stores, I almost bought a Rose and Crown t-shirt, now wishing I had. Then headed into France to see Impressions de France. I saw Sleeping Beauty from a distance and I went into a full on sprint!!!!! We caught her just in time, once again no one waiting.

We would not be so lucky with Belle and Beast however, each time we saw them the line was outrageous so we didn’t even bother. I was surprised at how much I loved Impressions de France. I have never been interested in it before. Perhaps it is because I am growing up and now I appreciate things like this instead of trying to find the next thrill ride. What a beautiful presentation. My mom and I want to go to France now as our next destination (yeah right in our dreams!!).

After this it was nearing 1:30 and we had been wanting to go and do our Disney Visa character meet n greet all week. When we got there we still had ten minutes before 1:30 and there was already quite a line. I groaned a bit because last year we were farther up in line and it still took FOREVER!!!! Surprisingly, we waited only about 15 minutes.
    They must have caught on to the ridiculous wait time last year because before they only let one family in. The characters were hiding and they would come out and surprise you. They took a good amount of pictures and then you left before the next family came in.
    This time we went in and the characters were still finishing up with the last family so they were already out. We went up and met them, got like 3-4 pictures taken and then we saw the next family waiting, so we felt we should wrap it up and get out of there. Last year I think my Photopass had at least 10-15 pictures to choose from. When we went to choose our photo this time at the end of the night, there were only 4. Regardless…we got a really nice one to take home.
    The characters this time were Goofy, Mickey, & Minnie.

After this we went back into the World Showcase, this time starting in Mexico. We hopped on the Gran Fiesta Tour. And of course I could not get that song out of my head the rest of the day!!!

Outside the pavilion we saw Donald!!!! YAY!

In Norway we went on Maelstrom which is another favorite of mine although that movie needs a drastic change!

Next was China, we had been looking forward to seeing the Circle Vision here as well since we have both never seen it. We saw Mulan before going in, once again in a nice hidden spot and no line. In fact, they were waiting for us to walk up because she had no one waiting.

I also loved this Circle Vision. If I had to rank the three movies at WS I would say

1. Impressions de France
    2. O Canada
    3. Reflections of China

In Germany we saw the Snow White fountain and I knew she had to be close behind so we stopped for a bit and waited. Shortly after, here she came!

We stopped in Germany and mom got a beer while I looked around the shops. They had these beautiful ceramic cats last year whose heads were shaped like moons. I did not see them this time and was so disappointed because I have wanted one ever since I saw them. If anyone knows where I can find these, please let me know!

I took the most pictures around Italy, such a beautiful place.
    These guys asked me to take a picture of them.

Some other pics of Italy:

While looking for the olive tree we took a few pics.

Me trying to be artsy (and the beginning of my love of street lamps as you will see later)

We headed over to America and had intentions on watching the show, however we were told it was 37 minutes long and we had dinner reservations at Chefs de France in exactly 37 minutes.
    So we thought we would just walk slowly over to France and take some more pictures and see some shops.

In Japan – we walked back to the Yakitori (sp?) House. I never even knew this path existed. In all the times I have been to WDW, I never knew it existed. Such a beautiful area and it must be no one else knows either because it was deserted.

We were looking for the candy artist but never found her.

Some shots from across the lake

OMG It’s a lamp!!!

We arrived at Chefs de France and did not have to wait too long for our table. We were seated in the glassed in part closed to Impressions de France. Our waitress Lydie was so sweet and just too cute for words. She was making me laugh. She was extremely busy and was running around like a chicken with their head cut off. Luckily we didn’t mind a little extra wait because we were having a grand ole time being in the restaurant.

I had the Beef Tenderloin (fantastic!) and mom had the Salmon (also good). For desert I had the chocolate mousse cake (surprise surprise!!!) and mom had some vanilla ice cream puff concoction.

It was getting dark so we decided to head back into Future World so we could shop and get our photo from the Visa meet and greet while Illuminations was going on. On our way back my obsession with lamps continues.

That last one was some sort of event that was about to happen. They had food set up. I am guessing it is to view Illuminations. Anyone know how to get in on that action???

We got back into Future World, did our shopping and slowly wandered out.
    This was our last night in WDW!
    I still have half a day to report for Day 7, but thanks for reading Day 6!!!

You ended up getting some great shots for scrapbooking Katy! I really enjoyed your TR...thanks!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Katy - What a great read and awesome photos! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you had a great trip - even if you didn't feel well all the time!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

What a great trip and trip report. Good job and thanks for sharing. Sorry you got sickish, but at least it was something managable. It looks like you and your mom have the best time together.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12