Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Summer's Trip Report Day 1 & 2 in the Vacation Planning forums; Arrival Night/Check In My 2 friends, Catherine (cat) & Christy left work at 4:30 pm Wednesday afternoon heading to Disney World. Not much traffic at all. We arrived just after ...
    4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"

Summer's Trip Report Day 1 & 2

Arrival Night/Check In
    My 2 friends, Catherine (cat) & Christy left work at 4:30 pm Wednesday afternoon heading to Disney World. Not much traffic at all. We arrived just after midnight.
    We checked into the All Stars Music with no problem. However, once we arrived at our room (which was in Calypso) we noticed the door was open (hmmmm). We walked in thinking maybe the guy bringing the fridge just didn’t shut the door good, but there was no fridge & the TV station/dresser was in the middle of the room. Then we noticed the bed was a King sized & not 2 doubles. I called the front desk to see what we could do. Keep in mind this was after we trucked all of our luggage & stuff to the room. Brice- a great CM at the front desk sent a CP to our aid with a luggage cart & room keys for our new room… which was now located in building 7. It was a LOT further from the lobby/bus loading area, but it had two double beds, so we had to take it. There was still no fridge. At this point, we’re all getting really tired since it’s now after 2 am! I call Brice again to inquire about the fridge & he said the guy should be bringing it any minute. And of course about 10 minutes later the guy showed up. He was not the friendliest CM at Disney, but I guess if I were delivering fridges at 3 in the morning I might be grumpy too.
    We all hit the hay & prepared to wake early for our first day at Disney!

Thursday, April 21, 2005 Blue skies, warm temps with light breeze.
    Magic Kingdom

Grand Entrance:
    I really wanted to make it to the park before opening since it was Christy’s first trip EVER to WDW! We arrived about 20 minutes before the park opened. We were greeted by Mickey :mickey: as he opened the gates to the Magic Kingdom. We headed straight to the hat shop to get Christy & Cat their mouse ears. (I of course, already had mine). We made our way through the candy store but before stepping on Main Street, I had Christy close her eyes. I led her to the middle of the street & said, “Open”. It was her first view of the castle & I could tell by the look on her face she was immediately hooked! We said “Hello” to the Mayor as we passed & waved to the Dapper Dans on the trolley.

Adventure Land:
    We crossed the bridge into Adventure Land & immediately noticed the park was not very crowded at all! We climbed The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, took a few pictures, & climbed down heading for Aladdin’s Carpets. After our quick spin around Agrabah we of course went to visit my friends, the Pirates of the Caribbean! We all loved it! (duh!) Since Jungle Cruise & the Tiki Room were both closed till 10, we went into Frontier land to hit a couple of Florida’s famous mountains!

Frontier Land:
    Since there was no line at either mountain, we jumped on Big Thunder Mountain to get our blood flowing! After a crazy ride through the mining mountain, we headed “south” for some slipping falls fun! Again, there was no line at all. I think we waited about 7 minutes for our log. Christy & I sat up front & of course got soaked! That was ok though since the weather was really nice! We were walking around “Lou land”… I mean Frontier Land just taking in the sights & sounds when Christy sees Woody! She runs up & jumps in line to get his autograph (it wasn’t a stamp either- he actually signed his name!) She was too cute!
    Since it was after 10:00, we ran back to Adventure land for the Jungle Cruise & the Tiki Room! (again no long lines)

Liberty Square:
    Ok, by now, the park is starting to get a little crowded. We make our way to the Haunted Mansion & get in line. It says there is a 25 minute wait (actually only about 10). We decide to run grab a couple of waters & eat lunch. We packed our sandwiches & chips so we just decided to feast while waiting in line. What a great way to save time! (Not to mention money!!!) We were all 3 in one doom buggy & my mouse ears were scraping the top making a really creepy noise! I pointed out some hidden secrets to Christy while in there (the plate HM was not in place). After the hitchhiking ghost ran us out of the manor, we decided to hit Fantasy Land (YAY!)

Fantasy Land:
    The first thing we did was hop on a boat for the happiest cruise that ever sailed! It was so pretty in there! It just looked a lot brighter than before. Of course we all 3 came out singing… (no surprise there). Then we went on an Adventure with Snow White, took a spin on the teacups, rested our feet for Mickey’s PhilarMagic, rode the carousel, & finally took flight with Dumbo! That was probably the longest line so far. It was about a 20 minute wait.

Mickey’s Toon Town Fair:
    After Dumbo landed, we had to go see Mickey!!! We visited Minnie’s house, then Mickey’s & of course went to see him at the Judge’s tent! Christy also met Tigger , Eeyore & Pooh for the first time! We left toon town heading for Tomorrow land…

Tomorrow Land:
    Before hitting tomorrow land, we bought a pretzel in Fantasy Land & went to get some hot cheese from the Starlight Café, but they didn’t have any! We waited for about 25 minutes for hot cheese, but we finally just had to eat our pretzel cold & plain. (sigh).
    After our cold snack, we went for a drive along the speedway. While waiting in line, we noticed a little girl spitting on the drivers from the ramp. We yelled at her to stop. She got embarrassed & turned around. She then spit from the other side! How Gross!!! Way to watch, mom! Anyway… We got fast passes for Buzz & hit the line for Space Mountain. We waited about 35 minutes for our rocket. After SM, we decided to give Stitch a try. I can not believe he burped that nasty chili dog breath in our faces! It was so gross I thought I was going to gag! I did not smell that last time I was there! GROSS!!! Anyway… after groddy ol’ Stitch, we relaxed for a few minutes on the TTA! Then it was on to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. I was in a car by myself so I could steer & shoot. Well, the ride broke down a couple of times & believe it or not… I got 999,999 points!!! I was so excited!!! I hit a couple of “key targets” up front so I started out with more than 100,000 points! I usually loose, so I was thrilled at the high score!
    We decided to grab a bite to eat & find a place for the Spectromagic parade & Wishes. We ate at Cosmic Rays. We ordered the chicken/rib/mashed potato meal, the chicken finger meal & an extra order of fries to all share! It was delicious!!! We all got a great meal & only paid about 8 bucks a piece! Not a bad deal.

Spectromagic Parade & Wishes:
    We found a place on the curb just to the right of “Partners” & waited for the parade. It was still beautiful. We got a great picture of the villain from Night on Bald Mountain (Can’t think of his name at the moment). After the parade, we moved to Main Street to wait for Wishes. Once again, it was beautiful! I was not thrilled with all of the Cinderellabration equipment on the stage that blocked some of the castle. That firework show can bring tears to my eyes every time I see it! After the show, Christy turned to me & Cat & said, “This really has been the best day of my life!”
    As we were leaving, Mickey was waving telling everyone goodbye. It was a perfect ending to the perfect day at Magic Kingdom!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Sounds great! Hope you had a magical time!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Thanks Taylor! We had a blast!!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    By the way...the name of the Fantasia villain is Chernabog...he's my icon! LOL
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Thanks Kevin! I can NEVER remember his name!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!