Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My Daughter's 4th Birthday Trip 9/27-10/5 in the Vacation Planning forums; This is my first posting on the forum.... I had alot of apprehension about the Treehouse Villas; transportation, creepy crawlers, villa location to name a few. I requested a villa ...
    jvpsr3 is offline A-Ticket holder

My Daughter's 4th Birthday Trip 9/27-10/5

This is my first posting on the forum....

I had alot of apprehension about the Treehouse Villas; transportation, creepy crawlers, villa location to name a few. I requested a villa near the pool but that could not be accomodated which was not really an issue. We were assigned a Treehouse which is just steps away from the north bus stop. After a 5 minute wait for Bell Services with a huge crowd at Saratoga we were on our way. It was hot and wet but we are here, could be worse...like New Jersey!

The Treehouse is awesome....I could go on and on. No creepy crawlers, we took the resort shuttle to the Springs bus stop and were there in less than ten minutes. As we stepped off the resort shuttle a Magic Kingdom bus was arriving in less than five minutes. I like the fact that the resort shuttle goes right to the Springs bus stop and does not do the SSR bus loop! Our bus driver on the way back told us to take the Treehouse north stop bus to the Treehouse south bus stop and walk the six minute path to the Grandstand bus stop and we would be the first ones on a park bus. I am skeptical because than we would have to do the SSR bus loop and end up at the Springs anyway? I understand her point to be the first ones on a park bus but I can't see having an issue?

Long day from New Jersey to WDW but we are here. We breezed through Adventureland and had dinner at Pecos Bill's and finished the night at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. The bus stop back to SSR had incredibly long lines and we actually waited for a bus even though the driver got off to walk down the side of the bus to tell people they were not standing close enough and allow more people on the bus....that practice I believe will end up hurting the company; it is just unsafe to put so many people on one bus in that manner.

Food and Wine today!!!
    Last edited by jvpsr3; 09-28-2009 at 09:38 AM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: My Daughter's 4th Birthday Trip 9/27-10/5

Welcome and enjoy the rest of your trip. Thanks for the post.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...

Welcome to the forum!
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

Day 2-9/28/2009

Took a short trip to the SSR main pool and headed off to EPCOT for the day. After a few attractions, we left through the International Gateway for Yacht and Beach Club for an early dinner at Beaches and Cream for the first time ever. Very hot and humid outside.

When we got to Beaches and Cream I was greeted by a young female cast member, I introduced myself and informed he that I needed seating for a party of ten. "Oh great," was the pleasant and friendly greeting that I received. We waited about thirty minutes and strolled the lobbies until our tables were ready.

For the first time I was surprised at how small the eatery was compared to it's popularity. Burgers were outstanding, and I took photos of everone's dessert's. I had the Milky Way with no hot fudge and I think I have discovered a new favorite. We took the Friendship VI back to the International Gateway and saw the kids off with the Grandparents back to SSR as we stayed for "grown-up night" for Food and Wine.

Instead of describing each selection, I figured I would give a listed summary with my own feedback and the feedback of my brother in law and friend.

Cosmo Slush (France) = Good Choice
    California Roll (Japan) = Excellent Choice
    Praline Bread Pudding (New Orleans) = Excellent Choice
    Sazerac Cocktail (New Orleans) = Purely Potent, similar to Gasoline
    Boston Crab Cake (Hops & Barley) = Good Choice
    Lobster Roll (Hops & Barley) = Ok Choice
    Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (Hops & Barley) = Excellent Choice
    Kielbasa & Potato Pierogie (Poland) = Excellent Choice
    Midnight Patron Slush = Excellent Choice

I know we missed alot of the marketplaces, we are revisiting later this week. Awesome night with the wife and friends. Beaches and Cream was awesome with the exception of one lame Cast Member.
    Last edited by jvpsr3; 10-01-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Talking Re: My Daughter's 4th Birthday Trip 9/27-10/5

Day 3-9/29/2009

Birthday one of three for this trip, Daughter's 16th birthday of my best friend. Started the day out with a breakfast at Kona Cafe and it was excellent as usual. Wife had Tonga Toast and I had the Big Kahuna breakfast.

Even with the lower humidity, it was or at least it seemed to be even hotter than yesterday. We met up with the rest of the family at Hollywood Studios to bake in the sun.

With the heat, were were able to knock out Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock n' Rollercoaster, The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours and enjoyed some of the performer's on Sunset Boulevard.

We had a 2pm ADR for 50's Prime Time Cafe for the birthday girl's (16 year old) dinner. We were seated in about 20 minutes and our waiter "Mike" was the best ever, absolutely the best. He did not discriminate in picking on everyone, all ten of us.

My friend ordered a half size "Mad Hatter" cake for the birthday girl and it was absolutely incredible. The manager of 50's even said they almost never see custom cakes, only the standard 6" frozen cake. It was awesome until the cake was cut....$168.00 for the wrong flavored cake, yellow instead of chocolate that was ordered?

We invited Mike (the waiter) to join us for a piece of cake and he was so great that he brought out a 6" chocolate cake for the birthday girl. I need to sidebar here for a second. I am a DVC owner and a Passholder, this is my seventh trip to WDW. I have noticed a trend in the entusiasm in the Cast Members; it seems to be non-existent of late. I tried to convert DDP credits to an already purchased Hoop Dee Doo ADR and when that was done and I asked to confirm my refund I was told that my payment was only a confirmation and no charge was made. It took me asking to see a manager to have it explained to the Cast Member and for me to have the refund processed. Secondly, when we checked-in to 50's Prime Time Cafe we were told there was no cake on the ADR and there were no custom cakes in the kitchen. Again, it took a manager to confirm that the cake was there but what we saw was "They are saying something about a cake." Maybe Lou can teach the Traditions program for the new Cast Members, at least out waiter Mike maintain's what that tradition is all about.

We closed the day back at the SSR pool. My daughter became sick while waiting to board Star Tours so we left a little early. We needed to get back early as tomorrow is my daughter's 4th Birthday and we have a 9:30 for BBB and then it is her day to make the decisions. Happy Birthday Princess!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jvpsr3; 10-01-2009 at 10:19 AM.

to WDW Radio!

We were just at the world 3 weeks ago and we had Mike as our waiter at 50's Primetime as well and I whole heartedly agree with you on him! He did a great job! Bummer about the custom cake being the wrong flavor...I would certainly be following up on that original cake order and having them make some kind of price adjustment for you. I hope that you are going to share pictures of the cake with us!

I think most people are shocked when they first see the inside of Beaches & Cream and how small it is. Not often do you see a table of 10 in there and the size of the restaurant is why they do not take ADR's. I can't believe you that you didn't try the Kitchen Sink for dinner with 10 of you there!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Tell Mickey 'hello' for us!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Wow, sounds great so far.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Day 4-9/30/2009 Daughters 4th Birthday

Beautiful day, awesome temperatures and we headed for the MK for park opening and a 9:30 BBB appointment. We arrived just in time, as the train entered the Main Street Railroad Station. After a few photos, we headed for Cinderella's Castle.

My daughter's first time at BBB, we checked in and the Cast Member told my wife and daughter to pick out her dress, shoes, etc. As we expected, we were told she was going to be Aurora for the last 10 months and at the last minute she chose Belle (my wife's favorite). Another Cast Member took my daughter throught the salon to an area where two curtains were closed and asked my daughter what the Fairy Godmother says when she creates magic.....and then opened the curtain to a beautiful dressing room where the Belle gown, Belle shoes and Belle crown where all set up perfectly. My daughter got changed and headed back to the waiting area to have her name called.

In about 10 minutes her name was called by the stylist and she was taken back to her chair. What an awesome experience...hair, nails, light make up and pixie dust all photographed by a Photo Pass Cast Member documenting the transformation. I actually caught myself filling up watching my princess go through this process. On a side note, my wife cannot even get her to sit still for one minute to brush her hair let alone 40 minutes...perfectly still, unbelievable. She looked absolutely beautiful and walked with grace as if she just won a pagent as we headed down Main Street to Exposition Hall for her photos.

I tried to count the number of Birthday Wishes she received all day and lost count around mid-day. She was called onto the sidewalk by the Mayor with some other guests to have "Happy Birthday" wished to everyone; she was pulled aside by the Haunted Mansion so a Cast Member could call Goofy so he could sing "Happy Birthday" to her on the phone.

We concentrated her attractions wishes in Fantasyland and of course her and my son's favorite Splash Mountain (covered in her poncho of course.) we had lunch at Columbia Harbour House and left the Magic Kingdom at 6:30 for a 7:25 ADR at Cinderella's Royal Dinner at the Grand Floridian (1900 Park Fare). The Monorail was down so the boats were pretty crowded, we got the GF in were told the were running behind and we were sat for dinner around 8:00 pm. Dinner was good, choices were somewhat limited. The surprise for my daughter was the custom cake I ordered from the Grand Floridian Bakery and it exceeded any expectations I had, in one word awesome! A three layer chocolate cake with white chocolate mouse filling and pink buttercream, sugared flowers and a white chocolate/gold leafed Minnie Mouse on the top that was about eight inches tall.

What a great way to end the best way to celebrate a birthday. To my surprise my daughter kept her hair and dress perfect all day and through dinner. We called a taxi back to the Treehouse due to the Monorail being down still and all of the packages we would have to carry from the GF to the MK to SSR and then to the Treehouse.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jvpsr3; 10-03-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Day 5-10/01/2009

A lazy morning and an early afternoon trip to Downtown Disney for lunch and the World of Disney for a Minnie Mouse Costume for the Not So Scary Halloween Party. I did not care for the fact that the only SSR boat launch is from Pleasure Island but I am sure it has reasoning?

A 4:25 ADR at the Turf Club, I am not opposed to the Turf Club but there were no ADR's for any of the MK dining locations or any of the MK resort dining locations. With that I thought the Not So Scary Party would be at capacity but it hardly seemed that way to me.

We picked up our tickets at Will Call and headed up to Fantasyland. Were were able to walk right on the following attractions with NO wait at all (Tea Cups, Barnstormer, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Buzz Lightyear and the TTA). We stopped at a few candy locations but early on the Cast Members were only giving one or two pieces and we did not want to waste the night for a few pieces of candy compared to the cost of the party tickets.

We had excellent seats for Hallowishes to the right of the Hub on the bridge to Tomorrowland and picked out our normal parade spot in front of the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor for the 10:30 parade. Well worth the wait as we watched a mass exodus down Main Street after the fireworks. I took a video of the Headless Horseman which was amazing as well as the parade, Excellent!

Another exodus from the park followed after the 10:30 parade which left the park basically empty. Again, with no wait we rode Splash Mountain back to back without getting off and finished the night with The Haunted Mansion at 11:50. The Cast Members were incredible, far better than what they perform for the day guests. We got a few handfuls of candy at the Diamond Horseshoe and departed for SSR at 12:15 am after a few pictures in Town Square. Good Night.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Daughter's 4th Birthday Trip 9/27-10/5-100_5300.jpg   My Daughter's 4th Birthday Trip 9/27-10/5-100_5312.jpg  
    12/2002 All Star Movies, 12/2003 All Star Sports, 12/2004 Disney Wonder, 7/2005 Disneyland, 1/2007 Saratoga Springs, 1/2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas, 10/2008 Saratoga Springs, 12/2008 Saratoga Springs, 9/2009 Treehouse Villas, 6/2010 POFQ, 11/2010 Boardwalk Villas

Day 6-10/2/2009

Relaxing morning and Animal Kingdom in the afternoon. Short waits for Expedition Everest and Kalli River Rapids. We walked right on Harambe and Dinosaur. A late lunch at Tusker House was excellent for a first time visitor (Sorry, no pictures). Animal Kingdom not being our favorite park, we left around 6:00 pm and spent the night poolside and the Springs Pool at SSR.

Pool Day today and Hoop Dee Doo Revue tonight!!!!
    12/2002 All Star Movies, 12/2003 All Star Sports, 12/2004 Disney Wonder, 7/2005 Disneyland, 1/2007 Saratoga Springs, 1/2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas, 10/2008 Saratoga Springs, 12/2008 Saratoga Springs, 9/2009 Treehouse Villas, 6/2010 POFQ, 11/2010 Boardwalk Villas

Day 7-10/03/2009

Another pool day followed by Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Pioneer Hall at Fort Wilderness Campground.

The dinner seemed to be at a faster pace than the last two times I have been there for the dinner-show. The salad and cornbread were pretty good, followed by the entrance of the performers. The dinner followed and was pretty awesome. It was my daughter's first time at the show and she got right into it! After dinner, the dessert part of the show lead right into the Strawberry Shortcake and the next thing I know my father-in-law is being selected to be a part of the show and taken up to the stage.

I took a video and some photos of his performance as "Davy's Angel" and he was a hit. They could not have picked a better guy to fill that role (see photos below). What a great end to an awesome show, he was presented with a "Honorary Pioneer Hall Player" certificate and photos of his performance.

One more day and back to NJ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Daughter's 4th Birthday Trip 9/27-10/5-100_5487.jpg   My Daughter's 4th Birthday Trip 9/27-10/5-100_5489.jpg