Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Firemedic's Pre-Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, gang! I've finally started this thread. We have less than a month to go before we hit the road, so I've been trying to get the car ready. Put ...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Firemedic's Pre-Trip Report!

Ok, gang! I've finally started this thread. We have less than a month to go before we hit the road, so I've been trying to get the car ready. Put on new tires, changed the oil, got a new inspection sticker too. I'll be changing the air filter and wiper blades today. It should be ready to rock after that! We are still waiting for the ticket package to get here too. I've got a list of meds, snacks, and a few other supplies to bring. Ya'll should see the stack of papers that I have for dining reservations, driving directions, hotel reservations, etc. We are leaving on the 19th and stopping overnight in Tallahassee so the kiddos can relax in the heated pool the hotel has. Then, we are leaving there around 7 am (hopefully) so we can finish the rest of the road trip. It will only be about 3 more hours to WDW!! We will actually get there earlier this way than we would by flying. If we flew, we would arrive at the Pop Century around 3pm. By driving, we SHOULD get there around 10 am and the kids won't be so tired and cranky, and I won't be ready to snap anyone's neck! They already have a stack of movies picked out to watch in the car along with a few activity books and their Nintendo DS games.
    My parents are going with us too and they are as charged up about the trip as the kids are. Kinda funny to hear them get the kids going about it all. lol! That's about all I have for now. I'll be writing more as the time creeps by. This will be the longest month ever!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Firemedic's Pre-Trip Report!

YAY!!! Have a great time!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Have a great trip, look forward to more of your updates.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

have a great trip and untill then...work some of that good ..no"GREAT"overtime we get! You never have enough money ya know!!

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsfire View Post
    have a great trip and untill then...work some of that good ..no"GREAT"overtime we get! You never have enough money ya know!!
    Ha! Yeah I know. I actually had an offer of OT today, but I had other things going on. I'll get a couple before we go.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Great start Jason!

Can't wait to hear more. Those kiddies have to be so excited. Wish I could see their little faces as the castle first comes into view.

So far, not much has changed with the planning. I'm STILL waiting on our package to get here from Disney. They said within 3 weeks of us leaving, but we're there and still no package. Watching the mailbox like a psycho on caffiene! One thing I do know is that I'm SO ready for a vacation. The firehouse has been very tough lately, mentally and physically. Quite a few horrible calls lately. I need to immerse myself in some serious Disney magic!

Walt Disney

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

hang in there only 3 weeks and 3 days!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I did go and get a few more supplies for the trip. I read that the Pop doesn't have coffee makers in the rooms, so DW is bringing the small coffee maker she used to have in her office. I went out and got coffee, sugar, and creamer for the room. Might save us time in the mornings if we don't have to go and fight the food court too much. I also got the small packs of laundry detergent and fabric softener so we wouldn't have to buy the ones at the hotel. A lot cheaper that way!

Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    hang in there only 3 weeks and 3 days!!
    I'm hangin'....I'm hangin'!

Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Great start Jason!

Can't wait to hear more. Those kiddies have to be so excited. Wish I could see their little faces as the castle first comes into view.
    Me too! I'm pretty sure I'll be one of those dads with "something in his eye" at that particular moment.

Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I did go and get a few more supplies for the trip. I read that the Pop doesn't have coffee makers in the rooms, so DW is bringing the small coffee maker she used to have in her office. I went out and got coffee, sugar, and creamer for the room. Might save us time in the mornings if we don't have to go and fight the food court too much. I also got the small packs of laundry detergent and fabric softener so we wouldn't have to buy the ones at the hotel. A lot cheaper that way!

Hope you have a great time. SOunds like you have planned to the nth degree.

Remember to hide that on a daily basis. Some hotels evict rooms for that. Or call and ask if bringing your own is permitted. Maybe you can ask while calling to check on your tickets package.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Until the Moderates started supplying their own coffee maker I always brought my own 4 cup coffee maker and coffee. We stayed 2 weeks so we purchased the refillable mugs. But I do not function until I have coffee so I needed that jolt before we hit the food court. Getting 2 adults and 2 kids out of the hotel requires caffeine.

Through the years the coffee pot has made almost as many trips as my DD has. I had several Mousekeepers actually clean it. Those surprise benefits of tipping Mousekeepers.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! We finally got all of our documents in the mail!! And....they got everything right! I actually don't have to call and correct anything. I will be calling Pop Century to make sure they have everything correct as well. And yes Chris, I will be asking about the coffee maker. I don't think it will be a problem, but I'll check to make sure. Thanks for the tip! DW and I really need this vacation. Both of our jobs have been extremely stressful. It will be awesome to get away for a while. We have been stocking up on 35 mm film and extra batteries for the cameras. Amanda is amazing with her trusty camera! She's got a great eye for things. Mom and Dad are pretty much ready to go too. I talked to them last night and they said the only thing left for them to do is drive to WDW! Well, I just got a call, have to go!

Walt Disney

My opinion, nothing better for a DH and DW is a trip to WDW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast