Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Food & Wine Phlog in the Vacation Planning forums; It's not a trip report, photo report or a blog. Brief highlights no lowlights with pics. Call it what you will. I nicked it a "phlog". We were fortunate to ...
    DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

Food & Wine Phlog

It's not a trip report, photo report or a blog. Brief highlights no lowlights with pics. Call it what you will. I nicked it a "phlog".

We were fortunate to experience the Food & Wine Festival again this year from Oct.23- Oct 29th.
    There's every opportunity to shop till you drop. From kitchen gear to gadgets and books. I found the red insulated tote pictured here has made a cool camera bag
    Oh and an interesting selection of wines. We found a Fess Parker chard that we'd been looking for. Wilderness Lodge room service wine list is the only other place we could get it. I really wanted to try the Diane (Disney) Millers wines but Fess Parker won out and really there's only so much you can carry. Next time
    After buying a few bottles we were off to our wine seminar. Here's CM Dianne introducing our presenter Antonella Millarte of Puglian Wines, Italy.

The Puglian Wine Seminar was very interesting with 3 very distinct wines offered.

Along with a detailed description of the region we were introduced to the wines.Tre Erre-Piana Padula Chardonnay,Tre Erre-Piana Padula Rosso and Rosso Cocevola Nero di Troia

Ms. Millarte also demonstrates cooking with Puglia Olive Oil in the WS. She shared with us recipes for Orecchiette with Tomatoes and Basil and Cacioricotta Cheese and a few others. Mmmmm

IMHO, all of the seminars are worth the nominal fee they now charge. No crowds and it's air-conditioned!
    to be continued.........

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Food & Wine Phlog

cool. do you have any more photos from the food and wine festival?

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!

Yes, here's a few more

The Festival Welcome Center is a long hike from the WS. Rather than double back stop there first to get a map and schedule.

The Festival Poster

Dietician In The Kitchen

Movie

My poor timing never failed me. Whenever I realized I had a wine seminar scheduled I'd be on the other side of the WS.
    Taking the boat across from Morroco ( I know it's sooo slow) to about this spot in the WS helps get you there faster. I timed it.
    Then it's just fast walking, dodging and weaving your way to the Festival Center.

Just a little nibble

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

thanks. it must have been soo much fun to go there

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Very nice photos, well done.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks for sharing these pics and info! I am glad to hear that you think the seminars are worth the price. I have been wondering about that...
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

Antonella Millarte demonstrating Puglian recipes in the WS

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Great stuff!
    I think I'd be ALOT more motivated to attend someday, though, if it was the Food, Wine and Beer Festival...!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Great stuff!
    I think I'd be ALOT more motivated to attend someday, though, if it was the Food, Wine and Beer Festival...!
    Oh there's a lot of beer there. I think just about every country features a beer. Sam Adams has a kiosk. When it's hot (and it usually is) there's nothing like a good beer