Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Firemedic's Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Alright gang, I'm back from the "World." Unfortunately, I'm also back into reality, but we won't dampen the moment here. We had an awesome trip! The kiddos may have a ...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Firemedic's Trip Report!

Alright gang, I'm back from the "World." Unfortunately, I'm also back into reality, but we won't dampen the moment here. We had an awesome trip! The kiddos may have a slight case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from all the pointing they were doing. lol! I'll start with a little pre-trip stuff. Well after all the preparation I had done on the car, we ended up trading it in on a 2009 GMC Yukon XL about two days before we left. We had the dealership add in a DVD player for the kids. That was an absolute fiasco because the night BEFORE we left, we realized that the map lights, interior lights, and dashboard lights DID NOT WORK!! The guy that hooked up the DVD player forgot to re-connect the wires for all those lights. So, we had to go back over to the dealership in the morning to have all that fixed. That put us about 1 1/2 hrs late on leaving. I was pacing the parking lot, giving the guy the "stink eye" every chance I got.
    We finally got on the road with no other problems, and drove to Tallahassee and stayed the night. The hotel had an indoor heated pool so the kids got to unwind after 8 hrs on the road. They actaully handled the driving very well. We got up EARLY the next morning and took off for WDW!! We arrived at the Pop Century around 11 am and got checked in with no problems. Then.....OFF TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!! We got into the town square and saw Pinocchio, Pluto, and Daisy. The kids got to have their pics taken with them all. Then, the moment I was waiting for. We walked a short distance right onto Main Street, and there was the castle. The kids just stopped and stared for a couple of minutes. They didn't say anything, just stared. Then those big grins slowly appeared, and they started jumping up and down and laughing. Yep, I suddenly had "something in my eye" for a couple of seconds. LOL!
    We made our way into Tomorrowland where we rode the TTA so the kids could get the feel of things. They loved it!! We then hit the Buzz Lightyear ride, Carousel of Progress, Astro Orbiter, and Cosmic Ray's for a quick lunch. After that, we went over to Fantasyland where Amanda and the kids rode the Teacups. I sat nearby because I didn't feel like vomiting that afternoon. After that, we were able to get on Pooh, and It's a Small World with no waiting. The crowds were not bad at all during the first part of the week. The MK was closing early because of Mickey's Christmas party, so we rode the Monorail to EPCOT and rode Spaceship Earth. We were getting pretty hungry by then, so we attempted to find somewhere to eat. We were completely unsuccessful with that adventure, so we just went back to the Pop and ate at the food court. After that, we crashed for the night. Stay tuned for more reports!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Re: Firemedic's Trip Report!

Way to give em the ole stink eye! lol They deserved nothing less!

Sounds like a great start to your vacation with the kiddos! Can't wait to read more!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Boo Hoo! You had to come back.

Can't wait to read more of your adventures.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

great start to the trip Pal!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

YAY, sounds like a successful start to the trip.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

GLAD things went well!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Stay tuned for more reports!

Ready for day two!

Ok gang, here goes day two. Sorry for the delay, but work seems to be getting in the way of progress! Anyway, we hit the Studios on day 2. The kids were still overwhelmed with everything Disney, but they took it in stride. We went on the Great Movie Ride and they loved all the acting that the cast members were doing. They didn't love the alien that came out of the ceiling! I actually forgot about that part until it was too late. But after some slight mental therapy, they were ready to go again. Gracie was able to see the High School Musical show in front of the big Sorcerer hat. She loves those movies! We then went on Star Tours, Muppets 3D, and the Backlot Tour. We decided to check out the Narnia attraction. FYI, it's a complete waste of time!! We did meet Prince Caspian, but that's the only thing about the attraction. It's just a movie trailer set in a cave. Really....it is.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

The girls LOVED the Little Mermaid stage show! They are huge fans of that movie as well, so they had a blast. We had reservations for the Sci-Fi Theater so we headed that way. For anyone who hasn't been there....GO! It's really cool! The grub was great and the atmosphere is wild! The wait staff were great and they went out of their way to accomodate you. Dad is on a cardiac diet and they had plenty of choices for him even though it wasn't on the menu. After Dinner, we decided to check out the Osborne Spectacle of Lights. I'm so glad we got that on video because you just can't describe what that's like. It WAS spectacular!! And the snow wasn't bad either! Chandler, who had been soaking up the atmosphere from his stroller, jumped out of his stroller a couple of times trying to catch the snow flakes as they fell and yelling about it the whole time. He had a blast during the "blizzard!" The day seemed to fly by us and before we knew it, the park was closing. So, we went back to the Pop.

Walt Disney

We actually did more things than I reported....but for now it's all a blurr. We should have our pics developed soon so I'll be able to remember things better. Just bear with me.

Walt Disney

Ok, day 3. We went to my favorite park, EPCOT! We had already been on Spaceship Earth on day 1, so we decided to bypass that and ride it later. BIG mistake! When we went back to ride, the line was stretched almost all the way around the building with NO fastpass. You gotta be kidding me! Anyway, we hit Universe of Energy. The kids were bored at first, but when we got the dinosaurs, that got their attention. Chandler loves dinosaurs, but he wasn't sure about them when they were "full size." He had a death grip on my shirt the whole time, but he didn't fuss about anything. I was proud of him. Then we went to The Living Seas. Disney was shooting a commercial there and they were really getting in the way with their "model family" gawking and pointing at everything. Come on nerds, get out of the way!!! We have REAL tourists trying to get through! We had a nice time there checking out all the exhibits, and the ride wasn't as bad as I had heard. You just have to get used to the name "Nemo" being called about 650,000 times. After that, we were able to go through The Land, and Imagination with very little wait time. Now then, for the real rides. Gracie was able to go with Amanda, Dad, and I on Mission Space and Test Track. She had the best time on those because she's a 7 year old adrenaline junkie!! I forgot how intense the take-off was on Mission, but I recovered quickly and loved the rest of the "flight." We rode the orange version!

Walt Disney

We had to get a Fastpass for Test Track, so we went to go see the Honey I Shrunk The Audience movie. Of course, I didn't tell Mom or my two little girls about the "mice" that ran up your legs. I had a LOT of fun with that one! LOL! AnneMarie, my 5 year old daughter, loved all the 3D movies that she saw because she would try to grab everything that came her way. She tried to grab the snake in the movie....about the same time it struck at the audience. She was pretty much under the seat when I found her. She didn't try to grab anything again! LOL, poor baby! So after the mental scarring of my 5 year old, Mom took the two little ones shopping while the rest of us rode Test Track. What a great ride!! We had lunch at the Electric Umbrella, then headed off to the World Showcase.

Walt Disney

I love the World Showcase! So we took our time there. We rode the Maelstrom and saw the INCREDIBLY LOUD movie at the end. We then went over to China and browsed through the shops. The kids played at the Kidcot Funstop while I tried to dab the blood from my ears from the previous movie. Then we saw the American Adventure and the Voices of Liberty. I walked out of there with a swelled chest ready to fight any of those tourists from oversees who had something to say!! LOL! With patriotism running through my veins, we covered the rest of the World Showcase (with no incidents) and went to eat at the San Angel Inn. Now this isn't the normal Mexican fare. It was very good, but different. The chips and salsa were excellent!! After all that, the kids were getting tired, so we headed in.
    Last edited by firemedic; 12-14-2009 at 09:13 AM.

Walt Disney

Now, Gracie was wanting to ride everything and she was getting aggravated that we were trying to make things "little kid" friendly. So, Amanda and I decided that because the Magic Kingdom had extra magic hours going that night (til 1 am), we would leave the little ones with my parents and take her to the Magic Kingdom and ride everything that she wanted. What a hit that was!! We were able to get on Space Mountain and check out the new refurbs. Now, the only ones I saw were in the wait line. And, YES! THE STAR TUNNEL MUSIC IS STILL THERE!!!! I was relieved to hear that! That's what makes Space Mountain what it is for me. Anyway, they added some video games all through the star tunnel. Which is cool, but it actually holds up the line. When people are busy playing those games, they don't seem to want to move on. I can see that causing some problems! The ride was great! We then rode Splash Mountain twice because there was no waiting, then Pirates, and then the Magic Carpets. We also went on The Haunted Mansion. Now this is cool at night! I've actually never been on it at night. That gives it a whole new look and feel!! After all that, we were all winding down pretty quickly, so we headed off to the hotel.

Walt Disney

Yea! Seems like you had a fun couple of days. We passed off my DD when she was small to my folks a couple times too. She was happy to sleep as were my folks and DS loved staying late in the MK. Good call!
    So was SM any smoother after the rehab?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast