Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Veri's Disneyland Trip FEB10 in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 4 We were up and at it by 6ish, hit the gym for a bit (the pesky army wants me to be in some kind of shape for some ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: Veri's Disneyland Trip FEB10

Day 4

We were up and at it by 6ish, hit the gym for a bit (the pesky army wants me to be in some kind of shape for some reason). Grabbed a spur of the moment breakfast at Story teller sint eh Grand Cali (very nice walked into a character breakfast) ate Mickey waffles and the liek and then mad eour way to DCA. I think DCA is a nice park, It's not on Par with the Kingdom or EPCOT but is is a nice way to spend a day. Walked onto Soarin, and then made our way over to the Mickey Sun Wheel (in a non rocking cart). Greta view of everything got the birds eyes ont he Ariel Adventure and Carsland construction as well as World of Color. From there we took a spin ont he Zephyr and mad eour way over tot he Tower Of Terror. Again a walk on (there were almost no crowds for the whole trip, i don't think we waitied more that 20 minutes for anything). TofT at DCA is a bit different that at DHA, there isn't as much as a build up it pretty much gets straight tot he point, stilla great attraction, enjoyed justa s much. from there we wandered HollyWood Backlot (all under contruction) took a spin on Monster's INc (Kind og like a PIXAR mr toad's Wild Ride) and then went to Condor Flats to have burgers at Taste Pilot Grill. Very good burgers and fries! From there I dragged my very patient spouse tot mthe Blue Sky Disney Cellar, tooka gander at the DCA final plans and wandered over to Paradise Pier to catch Green Army Men street show. Then a run to Midway Mania, againa great attarction, this thmes like a board walk rather than like being int he kids room form Toy Story. We took a very wet run on Grizzly river Run, got soaked walked back to Grand Cali and got ready for Dinner at Hooke's Pointe. A very good spot. One of the server's said it was the hidden treasure of DL, and I think they are right. I has surft and turf and the Better Half had lobster tail. We wer eboth too stuffed for dessert. After we wandered around the Disneyland Hotel for a bit (very nice) and then strolled through Down Town Disney and perused the World of Disney Store. A few purchases alter and we called it a day
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Did you just do a switcheroo on me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Did you just do a switcheroo on me?
    Yu[p I had mised up my days. I skipped a day and added it in. I lose track that the 1st full day is day two not day one.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Day 5

This was our redo day. Again we got up at 7ish did a half hearted gym visit and then were off to Breakfast with Minnie at Plaza Inne on Main street. This was one of the ebst character meals we ever had. There were a bunch of characters, Minnie, Chip and Dale, Tigger, CPT Hooke, Timon, the Fairy God Mother and Tigger. They all made a couple of stops at each table for maximum character interaction. The food was the regular buffet scrambles eggs ect. But the character experience was really great. We met two outstanding CMs who had tons of knowledge and gave us great insights into the park (for instance at DL Haunted Mansion not only does the room stretch up but is is an elevator platform so it descends also.

After breakfast we decided we need a POTC and Haunted Mansion fix and then BTMRR and the DL railroad again. We waved goodbye to DL and walked back over to DCA (did I mention about a dozen times already how nice it was to just walk everywhere?). We browsed a bit at the front stores in DCA and then hit Tower of Terror for back to back rides. The crowds were almost non existant. We then hit Turtle Talk with Crush (always fun) and grabbed some lunch at the asian place at Pacific Warf. From there was just wandered the park until the showing of Aladin at the Hyperion. Aladin is a great show, of course Genie steals every scene. Apparently they are looking to close it down and replace it with a Toy Story Show at some point.

After some more wandering we headed back to the hotel and had dinner at Story Tellers. My Better Half Spaghetti and I had a Lobster Cob Salad. We wandered agqain did some last minute shopping and packed up for the return trip home
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Day 6, the plane ride home.

Up at 8ish, checked out and caught the Disney Land express to LAX, 5and a half hours later we were in JFK and then a few hours later Back to Dear old cold and snowy Syracuse.

Parting thoughts

The Disney Land Express is very convenient and fairly inexpensive (round about $62 total for both of us round trip). While you don't have a CM putting you in line like the Magical Express, it's pretty straightfoward.

Disney Land is every bit as nice as WDW. It's smaller, but still has most of the big attractions. There is a lot to be said for the whole "it's the original" feeling of the place, and did I mention how really great it was to be able to walk everywhere?

because it's a pretty long plane ride form dear old NY I certainly can't say we'll be going very often but I could see going every 5 years or so.

DCA I'm not sure what all the hate is about. it is the least "Disney" of the parks i've been to but they are working very hard to Disney it up. When all the dust settles in 2012/13 it will be pretty amazing I bet with Wrold o Color, the Trolley's Ariel's Adventure and CarsLand

over all Disney Land is a great vacation and it was good to get a different kind of Disney expereince.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12