Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Princess Weekend/Spring Break Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; For Spring Break this year I decided that instead of going home (where it would probably snow) I wanted to spend some time at Disney. I go to school in ...
    plutopuppy is offline A-Ticket holder

Princess Weekend/Spring Break Trip Report

For Spring Break this year I decided that instead of going home (where it would probably snow) I wanted to spend some time at Disney. I go to school in Florida but don't get to go to Disney very often. I also wanted to do the Royal Family 5K race. I had done it last year and couldn't wait to do it again.

Friday (March 5)

I left school on Friday and got to Wide World of Sports for packet & volunteer credentials pickup at 10. It was nice to wander around the expo and look at all the vendors. After I finished at Wide World of Sports I went over to Downtown Disney to grab lunch at the Earl of Sandwich.

I did a little shopping after lunch then decided to go look at Saratoga Springs. My family is planning a big vacation in December for my graduation and we're getting two rooms at Saratoga. I figured I'd walk around and take some pictures so my family could see where we're staying.

I had an interview appointment at "Casting" for a summer seasonal job that afternoon. I went over to casting and took care of my paperwork and first interview. Things went well and I have another interview this Friday (good thing it's spring break so I won't have to miss any school).

Once the interview was over I raced over to Hollywood Studios for an early ADR at Sci-Fi Dine In. This was the first time I ever ate there and it was so much fun. I can't wait to go back with my family. Even though I was by myself the CMs still made me feel special.

I was starting to get worn out after dinner so I decided it was time to check into my hotel (off property) and get some rest.

I'll add more of my trip soon.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Princess Weekend/Spring Break Trip Report

Thanks for the report, looking forward to reading more.

Saturday (March 6)

Woke up early so I could get to Epcot by 6:15 for The Princess & The Frog 5K. It was cold waiting for the race to start but at least it wasn't freezing (like January). Before the race I started talking to another walker who was by herself. She was excited for her first Disney race and asking me questions about last year's race. The race itself was a lot of fun. I think they had even more characters on the course than last year. I think almost every country had at least one character. And I really enjoyed walking/running to the jazz music they were playing. I crossed the finish line with my best time yet so I was very proud of myself. I got my medallion and then decided to go back to my resort and rest before going back to Epcot.

When I got back to Epcot I went straight to The Land to get a fastpass for Soarin and get a snack at Sunshine Seasons. I wandered around Futurewold looking at the beautiful topiaries for the Flower & Garden Festival. It just started this week. You should definitely try and go if you have the chance. Everything was beautiful and so creative. I didn't really do any rides that day, I decided that I just wanted to enjoy the scenery and the nice weather (it had warmed up a lot since that morning)

Eventually I wandered into World Showcase. Most of the characters and princesses were still out so I decided to get pictures with as many as I could. They all made a big fuss over me because I was wearing my tiara and had my 5K medallion on. It made me feel very special.

I had an ADR for a late lunch at Chefs de France. The food was great but the highlight was when I got to meet Chef Remy from Ratatouille. He was awesome. I think he's one of the best animatronics Disney has.

I was so exhausted after lunch (the waitress asked me if I was ok because I almost fell asleep at the table) that I went straight back to the resort and went to sleep. I needed to be up at 2:30 am the next morning since I was volunteering at the half marathon.

Sunday (March 7)

I had to get up really early so I could get to the Magic Kingdom parking lot for volunteer check in. I was volunteering at water station 3. We got the station set up and then had a few minutes to spare before the runners started going by.

It was so awesome to watch the runners/hand out powerade. It was very inspiring. And if anyone reading this was running that morning I just want you to know how awesome you are.

After all the runners went by and we cleaned up our spot I went back to the hotel to get ready for Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom was fun. This was the first time I remember walking through Camp Minnie-Mickey. The lines at the greeting trails were a bit long but it was fun to meet the characters. And I love that the photopass photographers will always take a photo with your camera if you ask. I was by myself so I either wouldn't have gotten pictures or had to pay the crazy amount for the photopass photos. So, thanks Disney for letting them take pictures with personal cameras.

I wandered through Africa and then on into Asia. Grabbed lunch at the Yak & Yeti quick service place. I would definitely recommend the chicken salad. Then went to ride Everest. I ended up going twice because the first time went so fast I couldn't see anything. The second time I was at the back of the train and I was actually able to see the Yeti figure. After Everest I went to Dinoland because I hadn't ridden Dinosaur since it was a relatively new attraction (and that trip we were in a test group for the fast pass system which they were testing on Dinosaur).

By the time I got out it was time for my ADR at Tusker House. While waiting to be seated I had a great conversation with one of the runners from that morning who had her medal on. Tusker House was cool. I was feeling adventurous and tried a little bit of most of what they had.

The parade was going to start shortly after I got out of Tusker House (which is conviently along the parade route). After debating about watching the parade I ended up skipping it to go swimming at the hotel.

I ended the night wandering around Downtown Disney; it's an awesome place if you need waste time. I tried to wish congratulations to any of the runners who were wearing their medals. After finding a few more gifts for people I decided to call it a day/night.

Trip Photos

Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Photos

Some pictures until I finish my trip report.

Monday (March 8)

I spent most of Monday morning shopping outside Disney. I had to pick up a friend at the airport at 3. After a quick stop at the hotel to drop off her stuff we were off the the Magic Kingdom. My friend hadn't been to Disney in 8 years and she didn't remember much so we were both excited like it was her first trip.

Our first stop in the park was Guest Relations to get a birthday button for her and then we were off to adventure land. Lilo and Stich were out at the character spot near the bridge to adventure land so we stopped to meet them. Then we went to Jungle Cruise and Pirates. Pirates was the first place where I noticed that the lines were longer than I'm used to but for the most part they weren't a problem.

We had dinner at Pecos Bills and went to try Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain was temporarily closed with technical problems (which it seems to have a lot lately) so we did Thunder Mountain instead. Then it was time to find a good spot for SpectroMagic. We watched SpectroMagic and Wishes and made our way out.

We decided to end the night at Downtown Disney to get some ice cream from Ghirardelli (the cookie bottom sundae is delicious) and take a quick look in the World of Disney Store.

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder

Sounds like a very nice trip. Thanks for sharing with us.
    It really sounded like you enjoyed the 5K. It was great that you could hang out with the solo runner too before the race.
    Deanna and I ran the half on Sunday. Where were you located on the course?
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

I was at water station #3. It was near the race track before entering Magic Kingdom.