Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Whoo-Hoo - first time at a Deluxe! in the Vacation Planning forums; My friend and I decided to visit WDW for the holidays this year. We're going to go immediately after Thanksgiving weekend, and stay for four nights. That way we can ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder

Whoo-Hoo - first time at a Deluxe!

My friend and I decided to visit WDW for the holidays this year. We're going to go immediately after Thanksgiving weekend, and stay for four nights. That way we can do the MVMCP, see the Osborne Lights, watch the Candlelight Processional, and even see the Jingle Jungle Parade, without having to park hop or hope for an absurdly late flight back home.

We were planning on staying at Pop Century, like I do on the majority of my trips. And as far as she knows, that's still where we're staying. But a few weeks ago, I made an impulse decision to upgrade to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm considering it half something I want to do, and half a Christmas present to her. I'm not planning on telling her until the last possible moment - though how I'm going to convince her not to look at the Magical Express tags, I haven't yet figured out.

But wait, it gets better. About 10 days ago, I got an email from Disney, with a PIN discount. 20% off Values, 30% off Moderates, 40% off Deluxe, for almost the entirety of November and December. I emailed it to my travel agent (Stephanie with MouseFanTravel - awesome!), and she wrote me back saying that it worked. 40% off AKL!! That made me so happy, I went ahead and had Stephanie upgrade us again, from Standard View to Savanah View.

Four nights at a Savanah View room, for $209.25 / night. That's pretty darn wonderful.

Other than two nights at BCV a couple years ago, this will be my first time at a Deluxe, and definitely my first time with anything other than Standard View. I'm very excited. I'm just hoping I can keep the surprise from now until November....

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: Whoo-Hoo - first time at a Deluxe!

WOW! Awesome!
    Savanah view at AKL for less than $210 a night during a peak time!!!
    I'll have to take that under advisement, myself!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder

Yeah, I was pretty shocked to find that Value Season starts the Sunday after TG. (MouseSavers.com - 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge Room Rates & Season Dates) Very happy surprise.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

That is so cool, we always stay at a moderate because I can't justify the cost difference, but that is an amazing rate. I wish we could go that time of year, but not working in retail. I'm lucky to get one day off a week between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Great score on the room rate! Enjoy.

Corby is offline A-Ticket holder

We love AKL and bet you will have a great time. Congrats on scoring a deal!

Me DW DS(13) DD(11)

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

That is awesome. And booking it so early had to have helped. Enjoy, it looks lovely.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.