Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Angela's Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; So, my family decided this year to travel to Fort Pierce for our yearly March vacation to Florida instead of Orlando. I was pretty disappointed, but then my boyfriend made ...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Angela's Trip Report!

So, my family decided this year to travel to Fort Pierce for our yearly March vacation to Florida instead of Orlando. I was pretty disappointed, but then my boyfriend made reservations for 2 nights at Pop Century as my Christmas present this year. He may not "get it" like I do, but he's pretty great anyways

Day 1
    So we were driving from Fort Pierce and by the time my bf woke up, got ready and then drove it was 2 already when we arrived at Pop. The receptionist gave us "I'm Celebrating" buttons because I finished my last day of classes of my 6th year of university the Friday before
    She also said we could have a king bed if we didn't mind not having a bathtub (there was still a shower). We said that was find, and didn't realize until we got the room that it was a handicap shower and so there was no stall of anything, just a shower head in the bathroom! Kind of weird, but we didn't mind. We walked around the hotel a bit cause my bf had never been there (we were placed in the 80s section)... we wanted to swim but it was pretty darn cold (in fact it looked like the lifeguards were wearing snow suits!).
    We headed to the cafeteria and got some chili cheese fries to share to tie us over till dinner (we had Ohana reservations at 9:30) and a refillable resort mug to share... which is when we learned that Disney resort coffee ****s. Bad. However, if you mix it half with hot chocolate it's pretty tasty.

At about 330 we decided to head out and visit some other hotels to kill time before dinner. We took the bus to the MK so we could catch the monorail there. As a side note, I found that the Disney buses were WAY less full and more frequent than when I stayed at Pop a few years ago in August, which I find odd because the hotels were so busy they extended all the park hours this week, and that August it wasn't all that busy at all. Anyways, we walked around the Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Polynesian and then took a boat ride at sunset to the Wilderness Lodge (it was my bfs favourite of all the Disney resorts). We loved all the entertainment at the GF... there was a 10 piece band playing in the lobby as well as a piano player, and guys dressed like pirates playing instruments just outside. Before we new it it was time for dinner... and good thing cause we were STARVING at this point!

Dinner was probably one of the best experiences of my life. At the end I remember saying "this is the happiest moment of my life" haha. I had eaten at Ohana before but I wasn't sure how my bf would like it and was a little worried. No need at all... he's STILL raving about dinner. We could have had nothing but the dumplings all night and still would be happy haha, they were so good. I managed to get one picture in before we ate them up! The steak was also perfectly how I like it (medium rare) and after the waiter suggested we try the peanut sauce on our salad (I know, it's a little odd-sounding) we DEVOURED it... great advice! Service was great and I remember reading in reviews that people frequently get all the food at once, but the courses were perfectly staggered for us. 10 rolled around they turned off all the nights and piped in the music for the fireworks (we were seated right at the window). It was perfect! Then as soon as they finished the waiter came with a cupcake with a candle for me and everyone sang since I was celebrating my graduation! He realized I was full and brought it to me in a take-out container and it made a perfect breakfast the next day. It made for a pretty perfect end to a Disney day!

Day 2

We were up bright and early to get to the Magic Kingdom for the opening. It was pretty cold out and so we decided we had to wear pants (I had NEVER worn pants while at Disney... ever) but opted for sandels and long-sleeve t-shirts. Bad decision... we ended up having to head back to the hotel later in the day for socks, shoes and sweaters. Considering it was our March Break (we don't call it Spring break) and all of Ontario seemed to have gone to Florida with us it was not all that busy. We walked on a LOT of the rides and only needed to use a few fast passes during the day. We even pretty much walked on Space Mountain twice! The highlight of my day was when we had sat down for Wishes and I had my tripod all set up, and realized that my lens for my SLR just wasn't going to do it and wasn't going to get everything in where we were sitting, when this random stranger asked if I wanted to try wide-angle and handed me a lens. He didn't bring his tripod and was regretting it and so we team-worked it and used his lens and my tripod for the firework pictures. It was REALLY nice of him! The park was still open for another 2 hours after the fireworks and so we went to Fantasyland and walked onto every ride with 0 lineups. We also did Buzz Lightyear at the end of night because earlier in the day I had beat my bf by a bit and he wanted a rematch. Hehe... I made sure I beat him by a LOT this time

Day 3

This morning we had reservations for Kona Cafe since I had never tried Tonga Toast and decided I just had to! How I went so long without eating it is beyond me! SOOOO good! My bf got the Big Kahuna and gave me some of the pineapple macadamia pancakes that came with it... I can't decide whether I like them or the tonga toast better! And FINALLY good coffee! I would stay at the Poly just to be able to have the coffee and breakfast every morning haha.
    After this we went to downtown Disney for some shopping (we got a red, leather Mickey collar for our dog, a tomorrowland mug since I get a mug on every Disney trip, and some Mickeyroni which I am eating right now yum). We then headed to the Boardwalk to walk around all the resorts around there. Since we could only afford one park day I was determined to get as much free Disney fun as I could in! When we walked by Beaches and Cream we realized there was no wait and we were hungry so we stopped in for some burgers. I had never been here before either because everytime I've gone there's been a minimum 1 hour wait and I haven't had the time, and so I finally got to try a No Way Jose! My only regret is that I shared instead of insisting to get my own . Oohhhh yum!

After this it was time to head out to stay with my Aunt and Uncle in Orlando and so it was goodbye Disney World time Overall I would say I made the most out of my little 2 night trip! Now I'm going to enjoy my mickeyroni and my tea from my Tomorrowland cup and dream up plans for my next trip....

Re: Angela's Trip Report!

Hm I didn't mean for those pictures to show up so HUGE oops! haha... oh well. If you want to see other pictures from my trip check them out here: Florida 2010 pictures by asledz - Photobucket

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Great photos and report, thanks for sharing.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Gotta love a picture-filled trip report! Thanks for sharing. (and congratulations on your graduation!)
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mr_Increddieble is offline A-Ticket holder

You have a wonderful eye and the requisite skills.
    Your pictures look like how I remember my trips in my mind
    (but not how they come out in MY pictures).
    Nice work and thanks for taking the time to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Increddieble View Post
    You have a wonderful eye and the requisite skills.
    Your pictures look like how I remember my trips in my mind
    (but not how they come out in MY pictures).
    Nice work and thanks for taking the time to post them.
    Thanks! Notice how half of my pictures are of food? haha... I could plan a whole Disney trip around the food mmm

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

Its nice to hear that you enjoyed Kona Cafe so much. I bet a really wonderful person recommended it to you. I bet this amazing person also told you to get the Tonga toast and the pancakes. You sure have great friends! And by friend I mean soulmate.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Its nice to hear that you enjoyed Kona Cafe so much. I bet a really wonderful person recommended it to you. I bet this amazing person also told you to get the Tonga toast and the pancakes. You sure have great friends! And by friend I mean soulmate.

I don't even like pancakes all that much... When you said the pancakes were maybe better than the tonga toast I did NOT believe you. What a fool I was! I'll never doubt you again.

Also, Ohana was even BETTER this time than when we went, I'm quite positive. Lets plan a trip together! Ooooo like near Christmas if I get some sort of a job this year and have money?