Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip Report 5/3/10-5/7/10 in the Vacation Planning forums; Here is my trip report for the week of May 3rd 2010, to May 7th 2010: May 3rd 2010: FIRST DAY Myself and my disney boyfriend decided we should head ...
    OldKeyWestgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Trip Report 5/3/10-5/7/10

Here is my trip report for the week of May 3rd 2010, to May 7th 2010:

May 3rd 2010: FIRST DAY

Myself and my disney boyfriend decided we should head Disney World to escape our hectic lives in Philadelphia. We left very early monday morning (around 4:30 am) to catch our flight which departed philadelphia at 6:40 am on US AIR. I honestly do not remember the flight too much since I was asleep for most of it!

We arrived in Orlando a little before 9:00 am, and went to grab our bags. Since my boyfriend is a employee of the airlines, we fly for free and I ALWAYS grab my bags because sometimes they forget to load them on since we are standby. So we head on over to the baggage carousel, and WHAM! We see our bags already making their way around the corner. That was pretty good luck!

We then went downstairs to level one to check in with Disney's Magical Express. We checked in and went straight to line three for our resort, Old Key West. We waited on line for about a minute before our bis arrived. We loaded on the bus and set off! Our driver was pretty awesome, and made the trip more magical.

We entered through the gates, and our first stop... Old Key West. We unloaded and went straight to the front desk. We checked in around 10 and they actually had a room waiting for us.

It was so early we went to Downtown Disney for some lunch. We were on the dinning plan so we had a quick service at WolfGang Puck's express. I highly recommend this quick-service because it's a lot of food and it's a good quality. I had the "gourmet chicken fingers" while my boyfriend ordered the BBQ chicken pizza. Once we were stuffed, we sat by the lake and enjoyed some Rum Runners. Then we got on the boat and went back to our resort.

After a quick nap, we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios (always MGM to me) because we had a dinner reservation at The Brown Derby. The wait times were so small when we arrived so we had enough time to hit Rock 'n' Roller Coaster before dinner. It was a walk on. Then it was time for dinner!

Dinner was fantastic! I highly recommend coming here if you have the chance! My boyfriend and myself both had steak, and it was excellent.

Next it was extra magic hours, and we walked on every ride! We finished the entire park before 9:30 pm. Yes even Toy Story is included in that ride. After a long day, chris and I hit the bed like a sack of potatoes.

Here is a video of Day One

YouTube - Chris and Julie's Disney World Vacation: Episode I Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhr4LBMEm1I
    Last edited by OldKeyWestgirl; 05-09-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Believing in yourself never goes out of style

Re: Trip Report 5/3/10-5/7/10

May 4th 2010

Well I hope everyone enjoyed the two video's from day one!

Day two, we decided to head to the main pool at the resort. The resort is currently under construction, therefore, the hospitality bus stop is not available so you have to ask the bus driver to drop you off at the stop sign just after peninsular road.

We had an awesome day at the pool, but I had a little medical emergency so my magic was interrupted for a bit. After opting not to go to the hospital, I went back to my room for some rest! Let me say, the disney staff was awesome and continued to check in on me to make sure I was ok throughout the trip.

So that night we had ADR's at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. The dinner was pretty good, but I'm not sure if it would be a "must do" on my next trip. I believe my boyfriend rated it a 7/10. The dessert was excellent, I do have a but of a sweet tooth!

After dinner we jumped on the monorail and saw the first half of wishes from in front of the Main Street Train Station. It was very magical! Then we went back to the resort for some more rest after a eventful day!

Here is a video of our second day, enjoy!

YouTube - Disney Trip 2010 Episode II

May 5th 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I was up VERY early, and forced my boyfriend out of bed. We were on the bus by 8:20 AM and we headed to the MAGIC KINGDOM. We arrived to the main gate at 8:45 AM and we were just in time for the opening show. I recommend this show! Yes, it's somewhat corny, but hey it's a cool show to catch. The characters arriving on the train was a pretty awesome sight. My boyfriend and I stayed to the right handed side of the park entrance, but we stayed to the side so we got a up-close look at all the characters and the show. Once the park opened, we booked it to Space Mountain.

Space Mountain had around a five (5) minute wait time, so I decided I should get a fast pass and also wait on line. We walked on Space Mountain, and this was the first time I had experienced it since the refurb. I must say I do miss the old music when you first enter into the "blue" star tunnel. I also think the picture at the end of the tunnel is in a bad location. Overall, i thought the ride looked very dark, and it added to the thrill. (Later that day we went on the TTA, and it was so dark my boyfriend and I were somewhat scarred) After we rode, I went back on the ride for a second time, this time there was less of a wait.

Next we went over to Buzz Space Ranger Spin, and once again there was no wait. We walked right on! My boyfriend beat me the first time, so we went on a second time and I beat him. We are so even! After riding Buzz twice we started to walk to fantasyland.

The first attraction we hit was Winnie the pooh, and I believe the wait was around ten (10) minutes. I like the ride, but it isn't my favorite. Next we went to Peter Pan and saw the wait was twenty (20) minutes. I advised my boyfriend this would most likely be the shortest it will be for the entire day, and that we should wait. We waited and went on the ride. I always loved this ride since I was a kid, it brings back some great memories.

Next we went to "It's a small world" because you have to ride this once every trip. We walked in and immediately smelled the "Disney Water" and it was awesome. It was a nice ride to cool down on, and relax. Once we got off, we went to big thunder mountain and waited five (5) minutes for our train. My boyfriend was not feeling too well, but he went on anyway. We sat in the front of the train, which is not the best seat, but still had a lot of fun. After this, we went back to tomorrowland and used our fast pass for Space Mountain although it was not needed since the wait at 11 am was fifteen minutes (15) for stand-by. Next stop, LUNCH!

Of course, after lunch we took a brake and rode the people mover or the "TTA" Best ride ever! It has sentimental memories for me. I do miss the old narration, but it wouldn't be disneyworld if things stayed the same.

Next on our list: ADVENTURELAND

Boyfriend and I rode the jungle cruise, and I believe the wait was ten (10) minutes and our skipper was good, but there is always that one skipper who was excellent who you cannot forget. My best ride was in 2005, and our skipper was named "Wolf," so Wolf if your out there...best ride of my life!

After this, we went over to Pirates of the Caribbean, and again the wait was five (5) minutes. We were on a boat that had some Camera Crazy people, but otherwise the ride was awesome.

After this we went to Aloha Isle and had some Dole Whip, and used our disney meal plan snack option. This is by far the bet snack in the Magic Kingdom. Lou, if you read these...you should do a video segment on Dole Whip. Anyway, we decided to ride the haunted mansion before we left. The haunted mansion had a thirteen (13) minute wait (how convenient) and it was actually shorter than the listed time. Unfortunately, our ride was ruined by a group of families who allowed their teenagers to scream throughout the ride. I couldn't hear the ride audio, and if i had never been on the ride I would be very upset I missed out. I guess all I can say to that was, "it was not very disney-like" for those families to be acting that way.

We left the park at 2:30 pm to go back to the hotel before our ADR at Teppan Edo.

Here are two video's from our day in the Magic Kingdom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vwtU-44_eg

YouTube - Chris and Julie's Disney Vacation Episode III: Part II

May 5th 2010

My boyfriend and myself went to EPCOT because we had ADR's at Teppan Edo in the Japan Pavilion. Before dinner we jumped on Spaceship Earth (no wait) and relaxed for a bit. This was Chris's first time on the ride since it was refurbished a few years ago, he liked the new changes a lot. Afterwards, we went to Mexico to jump on "The river of time" which Chris had also not been on since the addition of the characters. He liked the changes in there as well. Since it was Cinco do Mayo, I wanted to check out the new tequila bar, but there was a very long line to get to the bar so we opted out. Interestingly, if you walked about 200 feet past the Mexican Pavilion, there is another bar that serves frozen margaritas and this time there was no wait!

From Mexico, we went to Norway to jump on Malestrom. I believe we waited fifteen (15) minutes for this ride. I always feel bad for norwegians when I ride this ride because I don't think it represents there culture too well. The ride is still cute, and cool!

Our next stop was Germany. (We skipped China and "Africa") Chris purchased a beer, and a pretzel. I myself enjoyed a frozen alcoholic lemonade. It was quite refreshing!

By the time we got to the Japan Pavilion it was time to check in. We waited for a bit, and then it was time to eat! Our chef here was pretty good, he was very strict! The employees there make it a point to not touch the hot grill. The food is excellent! I would recommend this for families with slightly older children because the "show" can distract the kids and entertain them before the food comes. I had the Filet, and chris had the steak and shrimp. The service here is always excellent!

By the time we were done, Illuminations had already started so we made our way to the International Gateway. Chris and I wanted to try the Fantasia Miniature Golf. The course is tough, but it's a good time. I laughed a lot, and make sure to bring bug spray to this location. After golf, we went to the Boardwalk and took a cab back to our resort. I wasn't feeling too well, so I went to bed as a soon as I walked in the door.

Here is a video of our EPCOT adventures, enjoy!

YouTube - Chris and Julie's Disney Vacation Episode III: Part III

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i love your videos... they are way cute and it looks like ya'll had tons of fun..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy