Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss South American Tour Groups in the Vacation Planning forums; I have been traveling to WDW for the last eight years and since 2002, I have seen an increase in tour groups from South American countries. I just checked into ...
    jvpsr3 is offline A-Ticket holder

South American Tour Groups

I have been traveling to WDW for the last eight years and since 2002, I have seen an increase in tour groups from South American countries. I just checked into POFQ in Sunday 6/20, it was our first time here and Sunday at least was a wonderful introduction to this resort.

When we woke up Monday morning, it was a completely different story. What seems to be three different tour groups or one VERY large one broken into three color coordinated groups simply took over the resort. You cannot get a table for breakfast, they are the rudest people I have ever encountered. Beyond not acknowledging someone for having a door held open for you, the door gets let go as you walk right behind them. My family returned from a very hot trip to EPCOT to swim and have dinner to then have to leave as it seemed every one of them returned and went right to the pool at the same time.

I know they are paying customers just like me, one would think that they would be distributed to seperate resorts so as not to add so much congestion to one resort. I have even heard Cast Members complaining, yesterday I heard a Manager openly complaining to another Cast Member about the same issue.

Again, I have no issue with crowds during any season. However, you generally run into more polite and mutually respectful people while on a WDW vacation. Not here at POFQ. We are now timing our visits to the food court and pool so as not to run into them. Has anyone else experienced this or something similar or am I just missing something?
    12/2002 All Star Movies, 12/2003 All Star Sports, 12/2004 Disney Wonder, 7/2005 Disneyland, 1/2007 Saratoga Springs, 1/2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas, 10/2008 Saratoga Springs, 12/2008 Saratoga Springs, 9/2009 Treehouse Villas, 6/2010 POFQ, 11/2010 Boardwalk Villas

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: South American Tour Groups

we had issues this feb.. but i figured it was just that time of year.. because i had never encountered it before.. but it was either the same group or the same tour company was everywhere we went.. we seen them at seaworld, we seen them at universals, we seen them at MK and studios.. whats the chances of the same group going to same parks we are every day...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I've run into tour groups before in Disney, but all of them have been fairly courteous and no real problems coming from any of them.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I'm not a fan of those groups but what can you do?

ksalase is offline B-Ticket Holder

I have run into tour groups. I usually see them during the summer months. Usually, I have no issues with them. There is going to be a major culture clash as far as what niceties are observed. If you can avoid them, do so; you can spot them from afar, despite the matching outfit, as they are usually marked by one person carrying a tall flagpole with a little flag on it. Just keep in mind, regardless of what country you are in or from, a person is intelligent and people....well...um...not-so-much.

MorenaSangre is offline A-Ticket holder

*chuckle* The thread title made me click...I couldn't help myself.

My husband and I are central Florida residents who go to the park frequently...and we know about the yellow shirts. In our experience, the large tour groups from South America (particularly Brazil for some reason) are something to avoid at all cost. They don't seem to be rude on purpose; they just seem to have no idea that there is anyone else around them. I've had one stick her head under a stall door at Typhoon Lagoon; we've had a whole group stamping their feet and chanting in rhythm at Indiana Jones; we've had a group shove their way through the line at Rhino Rally in Busch Gardens... It's not just you -- we all fear the yellow and green shirts.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

apparently we are not supposed to say anything abouts these groups...nothing to see here
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

flutter is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    apparently we are not supposed to say anything abouts these groups...nothing to see here
    there's a difference between "saying anything" and being rude and nasty, so long as this thread stays away from the rude and nasty it will remain

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

oh that good...sometimes these group cut line
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln