Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Obnoxious or Analytical??? Segway Review on YouTube in the Vacation Planning forums; I found this YouTube today posted on MousePlanet. Obnoxious or Analytical??? Segway Review on YouTube Please Remain Standing at All Times (Mouse Flicks) by Mike Morizio Guessing those who are ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Obnoxious or Analytical??? Segway Review on YouTube

I found this YouTube today posted on MousePlanet.

Obnoxious or Analytical??? Segway Review on YouTube

Please Remain Standing at All Times (Mouse Flicks) by Mike Morizio

Guessing those who are loyal through and through will hate it.

Others who are a tad analytical will enjoy it.

Re: Obnoxious or Analytical??? Segway Review on YouTube

I loved it.

I'd rather have the 40 Mickey Bars and I enjoy riding Segways. Here in Chicago we have a much better tour for far less and it isn't as restrictive.

One vote for Mickey Ice Cream Bars here.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Obnoxious and analytical. He could have just as easily made a 30 second video saying the same thing. Or better yet, just use the keyboard and write a paragraph about it.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

It didn't discourage me. I'd love to take that tour someday. The price however, is a little steep.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've been wanting to do this with my son. Every year we say we'll make time to do it. And every year the price seems to climb. At this point I don't think the price justifies the tour. Is it really $100 now?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

You might want to check out NY and see if they have a tour like Chicago does. Segways are really fun but you get to do more in Chicago with them. At Disney the tour at Fort Wilderness is better than looping pillars at Epcot.

Don't know the age of your child but there is an age and weight restriction.

FYI-

Segway Owner Killed in Tragic Riding Accident

Written By Charles Tate on 30 September 2010. Internetbits
    Jimi Heselden, 62, owner of Segway, Inc died over the weekend, ironically while riding on a Segway device.
    West Yorkshire authorities reported that Heselden guided the Segway device he was riding at his home off a 30-foot cliff inadvertently. The ravine emptied into a river at the base of his estate located about 140 miles from London. Heselden was pronounced dead at the scene by authorities, but no cause of death was established.
    Heselden took control of the million-dollar company earlier this year. Segway is the invention of Dean Kamen who also created the first insulin pump. The device is a human transporter designed with electronic and gyroscopic technologies. During its initial marketing phase in 2002, Kamen compared the Segway to the personal computer, believing it would become necessity for nearly everyone.
    The rider leaning back and forward and turning the handlebars left or right does the steering. Segway, Inc refers to this process as “leansteer” technology. The device can achieve speeds up to 12 miles per hour and sells for around $5,000.
    A recently released study of cases treated at The George Washington University Hospital Emergency Department related to the safety of the transportation device. The findings from the research suggest that injuries from Segway devices “are significant and seem to be increasing”. However, the study does allude to the fact that large numbers of those injured are inexperienced.
    Vice President of Governmental affairs for Segway explained that every user of the device is recommended to complete the company’s three-tiered safety training.