Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss 1st trip for the misses (trip report) in the Vacation Planning forums; ok... having taken some time to think how i was going to do this i decided to use someones idea to help me out... BTW... Thanks Tom Morrow My g/f ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

1st trip for the misses (trip report)

ok... having taken some time to think how i was going to do this i decided to use someones idea to help me out... BTW... Thanks Tom Morrow

My g/f and i went to WDW from August 18th till the 25th... it was my g/f first trip to WDW and her first trip on a plane... we flew from MacArthur Airport in Islip, NY straight into MCO...

we rented DVC points from a member and stayed at The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge... the resort was amazing... if and when i get into DVC myself i can easily see having this as my home resort... now for the parks (here's where Mr. Tom Morrow helped me)

Pros:

we got to ride Star Tours one last time before it was closed for the refurb... again while it was nostalgic for me it was good that my g/f got to see it before it went down (and yes she liked it... but she could tell it was old...)

the food was awesome... we ate at Coral Reef and sat right up against the glass of the aquarium... Biergarten was fantastic as was the Hoop-De-Doo...

lower crowds... especially at night... one night at MK we rode Space Mountain 3 times and Splash like 5 times...

for me seeing the new Space Mountain after the refurb was refreshing...

trying to convince my g/f that the Haunted Mansion is scary was fun... but she ended up loving it... (i knew that she would... who doesnt)

Seeing Wishes from the railing of the Crystal Palace... what a perfect view...

MSEP was still operating... having not seen it in 10 years... i was glad it made it past summer nightastic...

riding Everest 5 times in a day... i love the theming of the attraction... and the attraction is not too shabby itself...

we rode Rockin multiple times and Tower plenty of times... seeing that at night was left me in awe... and having the new drop sequence where they launch you to the top and let you freefall was the best...

watching Fantasmic the night before we left was an excellent ending to the trip...

being able to stay in the parks until 4pm the day we left was key... our flight didnt depart until 8:25... (though we did miss the ME going back to MCO... and yes Chrissy it was because we were buying souvenirs...)

our room was great... right by the pool... and the gym that i never went in...

seeing the Muppets... my g/f absolutely loved it...

Cons:

Toy Story Mania... closed... all they did was add safety gates and we missed the attraction because of it...

It's a Small World... closed... i wasnt crushed but my g/f was not happy... oh well...

they lied about some of the lines... the 60 minute wait on Soarin' ended up being almost 100... ridiculous... and when i gave the CM my necklace (the card they give you to keep the wait time accurate) he said, "lets not use this one it will kill our time..." huh..!?

just not having enough time to do everything... 8 days is not enough i have decided...

spending $200 on photos of us... that photopass gets me everytime...

Tom Morrow i agree with you Kali River Rapids is a pointless attraction... wow...! i went down a slide and a waterfall fell on top of me... an excuse to get wet...

people wearing ponchos on water rides... really on Splash in the middle of the day during 95 degree heat... what are you thinking...

overall... this was an excellent vacation... you know it is a good trip when my g/f (who was on her 1st trip remember) says on the runway going home... "and we are coming back when...? next week...? oh ok thats perfect..." she hasnt stopped talking about the trip... and it looks like we will be making this week a traditional Disney Vacation trip..

if you wanna see my album on photo bucket it should be right below...

Disney Vacation pictures by Joe_Notaro - Photobucket
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: 1st trip for the misses (trip report)

awesome report.. and hey i know what eats time... shopping
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Loved the pros, cons, and photos.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Very cool!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

thanks all...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

oh and i forgot one more con...

the dining plan... can they make it so that you know what you can and cannot do a little more understandable... at sunshine seasons i was allowed one breakfast and 2 drinks... (my g/f and i shared each counter service)
    but at starring rolls another drink would be a snack item as it was not part of the breakfast...
    and did you know... if you get a pretzel in mgm and want cheese sauce it costs $1 or a second snack credit...? cause i c an eat cheese sauce by itself...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Nice report...glad that you two had so much fun. I get to take my boyfriend who is a first timer to WDW at the end of October and I can't wait to see his response to everything. It's so much fun to go with someone who has never been.

And in response to your comment about the dining plan...that's ridiculous about the pretzel and cheese. We are doing the dining plan for the first time ever this trip...I hope we don't come across too many silly rules like this one..
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

oh you will... it'll make you laugh because they are serious about it too...

have fun on your trip...!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney