Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss A Brit-Chick Goes Solo in Disneyland – Saturday 25th September 2010 in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 2 of Destination D started much like yesterday, with an early rise and straight in to the queue that snaked around the outside of the ballroom. More wonderful panels ...
    missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

A Brit-Chick Goes Solo in Disneyland – Saturday 25th September 2010

Day 2 of Destination D started much like yesterday, with an early rise and straight in to the queue that snaked around the outside of the ballroom. More wonderful panels and intimate stories from many Disney celebrities. We got to ‘meet’ Dave Smith

and George Kalagridis (Disneyland’s current president) who entertained the audience with stories of his time working in the park.

We also had a sneak peek of the new Tron Movie (including a brief but cool show on stage)

and then a surprise preview of the new dance attraction that will be coming to Disneyland in just a few months. Mickey busted some serious moves on the stage with his Disney friends – I didn’t know he had it in him! Go Mickey!!

There were several stories in today’s panels that bought a tear to my eye. Tim O’Day’s story about the lady who came to Disneyland to get away from the terrible images being shown on every television on the day after 9/11 (even Tim found it hard to tell us that story without breaking down – very moving). We were also presented with a rare piece of footage of Walt, during Tony Baxter and Dave Smith’s segment – it was the last piece of video taken of Walt, just a short time before he died. It was meant to be used before the ‘Follow Me Boys’ theater release, but due to the fact that Walt had lost his battle against cancer, movie theaters decided it was no appropriate to show it and the footage had been lost in the archives ever since. We were the first people to see it. What made the clip all the more poignant was the fact that at the end, they played the theme song from ‘Follow Me Boys’ and showed a montage of movie clips and still images of Walt at various points in his career. I had tears streaming down my face by the end of it – Walt has been my hero since I was a little girl and it seemed so unfair that he lost his life at such an early age. He had so much more to offer the world and I just hope that if he was looking down on us all that afternoon, he could truly feel the love and admiration that radiated for him from everybody in the audience. All too soon, the panels were over and as such, Destination D drew to a close. The up-side was, that Disneyland was open for a further 2 hours, so I gathered up my stuff and headed back to the parks. I wanted to get lots of movie footage of the parks at night, as I think this is when everything looks it’s most beautiful. I’d managed to get to the park already that afternoon during the lunch break (rode the monorail, It’s A Small World

and Storybook Canal Boats). This evening, I managed to get a nice-trip around the Jungle Cruise, explored the inside of Sleeping Beauty Castle and caught the very end of Fantasmic. Once the parks started emptying, I headed back to my original hotel (the Quality Inn) and settled down for my last sleep in Anaheim.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: A Brit-Chick Goes Solo in Disneyland – Saturday 25th September 2010

again amazing, amazing!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

augh.. the last night.. you just want more
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder