Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss A Brit-Chick Goes Solo in Disneyland – Sunday 26th September 2010 in the Vacation Planning forums; My last day – boo!!! A nice early start though and I was in the park by 9am. Today was all about fitting in the last few rides that were ...
    missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

A Brit-Chick Goes Solo in Disneyland – Sunday 26th September 2010

My last day – boo!!! A nice early start though and I was in the park by 9am. Today was all about fitting in the last few rides that were on my must-do list (generally things that weren’t featured in the Orlando and Paris parks).

I started off with Alice In Wonderland which was very cute. Then I headed over to Mickey’s Toontown to take some photos and video.

I should stress here, that the weather had been scorching from the moment I arrived in LA on Wednesday, but today was just sizzling – I later found out it was 41oC – yikes! For somebody that comes from the cold of England, it was a real shock to the system!!!

From Toontown, I followed the outskirts of the park and caught some cowboys having a ruckus outside the Golden Horseshow, the Dapper Dans entertaining guests with their dulcet tones and the wonderful ragtime pianist at Coke Corner.

The park was also swarming with D23 members who were taking part in the scavenger hunt – something I would have loved to have done myself if it wasn’t for the fact I had to head back to the airport at 4pm – drat!

After a spot of souvenier shopping on Main Street (my purchase of the day being a Kevin and Jody figuring of a Disney tour-guide – so cute!), I bid farewell to Sleeping Beauty Castle and walked across the courtyard to California Adventure. I didn’t intend to do any real attractions in my last couple of hours –just soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the sunshine. I did take some respite from the heat in the Blue Sky Cellar though (gotta love the air conditioning in there!!) and enjoyed a good lunch at the asian rice bar at pacific wharf.

As I was heading back to the exit, I walked past Grizzly River Rapids. I hadn’t intended to ride this originally, but the heat was becoming so intense, the water was luring me towards the queue – my mind was made up when I saw that they were offering a single ride line, so off I went, determined to get absolutely soaked. I wasn’t disappointed – after just a 10 minutes wait, I got in my raft with several other heat-exhausted guests and relished ever splash of water that hit us. Luckily for me, I was facing the wrong way when we went down the main drop and I got completely drenched from head to toe – sooooo refreshing!!!

Luckily, I’d arranged a late check-out at my hotel, so was able to change in to dry clothes before getting on my flight home. I left California Adventure with a big grin on my face and feeling nice and cool, if not a bit on the squelchy side!!

My flight home was uneventful – I managed to get some sleep for about half of the trip and arrived back in London relatively refreshed. It had been a wonderful trip and has been a perfect taster for when I return again in August (this time with my husband – hoorah!) for when we attend the Expo and have a much more relaxed 10 day stay in Los Angeles. I’m already excited for it!

High Points
    • Everything at the Destination D event
    • Hanging out with Lou and his buddies at the park on Friday night
    • The World of Color VIP evening and dessert party
    • Making so many new friends and being surrounded by hundreds of other passionate Disney fans
    • Chomping on pineapple spears in Adventureland whilst chilling in the shade of the tiki-room
    • Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay
    • Lunch at Blue Bayou – delicious!

Low Points
    • Feeling too tired to enjoy the park on my arrival day – bloomin’ jet-lag!
    • Not having an opportunity to watch the fireworks, view any parades or see all of Fantasmic (although I can do that with Matt in August instead)
    • Aladdin was not playing at the Hyperion whilst I was there
    • Roger Rabbit being closed for refurb
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: A Brit-Chick Goes Solo in Disneyland – Sunday 26th September 2010

What a great trip! Sounds like you did a great job of packing in the most fun possible in your short time there....you've got me really wanting to become a member of D23 now..
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Sorry you didnt get to ride Roger Rabbit, I really enjoyed that ride while there. Next time tho!

Great report and awesome pics!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i cant wait.. i love your trip report.. we plan on going to disneyland next halloween and stay on property..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

All the posts were great. I wish you could have stayed longer because I was really enjoying your photos and comments. Made oir first trip to DLR / DCA this past June, so I can really follow along with you in the park. Anaheim was nice, but WDW is still my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    All the posts were great. I wish you could have stayed longer because I was really enjoying your photos and comments. Made oir first trip to DLR / DCA this past June, so I can really follow along with you in the park. Anaheim was nice, but WDW is still my favorite.
    I knew that my time was going to be limited in the park, as Destination D took up more than half my time in Anaheim. However, Matt and I are really looking forward to taking our time to 'smell the roses' in August - lots of detailed walks around the park and hopefully a chance to do everything that's available to us during our visit.

I'm not sure I'm in a position to make a proper comparison between DL and WDW just yet - I would like to do some more in-depth exploring first when we return. However, on the surface, there were lots of things about DL that I thought was superior to Orlando (the addition of New Orleans Square, DL's version of Main Street was by far my favourite of the parks I've visited so far, and Pirates was just WOW in DL).
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations

YETI27 is offline C-Ticket Holder

My DW and I have talked about going to DL but every year we wind up booking at WDW. Some day I hope to get to CA.

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wow, I loved all of your reports and pictures. Even the ones of the airport, travel, etc. That's all part of the story too. And I have to say that, for a foreigner, your English is excellent!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    And I have to say that, for a foreigner, your English is excellent!
    Hillarious

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    Wow, I loved all of your reports and pictures. Even the ones of the airport, travel, etc. That's all part of the story too. And I have to say that, for a foreigner, your English is excellent!
    Well thank you very much - I was practising all week before my American phrase-book!!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS: