Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious trip report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Thx! Wish I could go back you ya! Have fun!...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Lilo88's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious trip report!

Thx! Wish I could go back you ya! Have fun!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Wed 17th- Epcot and Friends!!
    Epcot was our park of choice today, we got up around 9 and went for the bus stop, dad had left over pizza from the night before and I had a bread stick. So we stopped by and mom got some food from the food court and then it was on to Epcot for the day.

We got to the park around 11 and headed for SSE and with no wait we were on right away.

After our ride we headed for the world Showcase to Mexico to look at something and we took some pics while there then headed on to the Rose and Crown Pub for my meeting with Rich and his wife Ann and Virginia.

We were hoping to meet Gae but she couldn’t come down, we missed her hanging with us! But we made it to England and found a spot to sit to wait.

I was getting ready to text V when I looked up and noticed a lady sitting on the little gear thing in the middle of the walkway and looked and looked and finally noticed it was V! So we got up and gave each other a hug and talked while we waited for Rich and Ann to come. I introduced myself as it was my first time meeting Rich and Ann. My parents decided to head off on their own and leave me to hang out with my friends for the day till dinner. So we were off and everyone asked what to do, so I said I had never done the American Adventure so we headed off to the American Pavilion, we had about a 40 min wait so they got some drinks and we waited in the caf beside the theater area, we talked a while then got up and went into the main waiting area of the show and listened to the choir sing a bit, it was beautiful in there and they sung great!

Rich and Ann pointed out some hidden Mickey’s on our way to the theater (thanks Rich and Ann!!) And we found a good seat and watched the show. It was great, something that will be a must do every time now I believe. After the show we headed for Germany for the restrooms and while there Virginia shared a Carmel with us all! (Thanks V it was great!) So yummy!

While waiting for Virginia in the Carmel Shop Rich pointed out a Hidden Mickey in the statue of a building.

After eating we headed to Norway for the ride there. It was about a 5 min wait maybe a bit longer and Rich and I sat together and V and Ann sat behind us. I got a little wet on the pants leg so I fared pretty well lol. We skipped the movie and headed out of the shops, while in there Ann pointed out a $500 sweater! WOW! It was then off to Mexico to ride the ride and again Ann and V sat together and Rich and I sat together behind them. It was relaxing and I enjoyed it, it was no wait at all for it. After getting off we headed for Space Ship Earth so Rich and Ann could ride it.

They chose Japanese I believe for the language lol and Virginia and I chose English. We had a good time laughing at our futures and I shot video of mine and Virginia’s. I have some pics on my cell phone of them. After we got out of there we headed for the Art of Disney Store and looked around a bit then it came time for Virginia to head out (she had been out really late the night before with Rich and Ann at the Christmas party!) So we said our goodbyes and Rich, Ann and I headed off to The Land to ride one last boat ride before meeting up with my parents again for dinner upstairs.

(I think there is a hidden mickey in the lab here! Can you find it? hint: it's green...)
    Ann got a drink at the four season’s caf and Rich and I rode Living with the Land. I always have loved that ride so much. After the ride I followed Rich back to the table with Ann and we said our goodbyes and I headed up stairs to check us in for our reservation at the Garden Grill. We taken early again and before long we were visited by Chip. (Pics to follow at the end of the TR). Dinner was good and then Dad wanted to ride Soarin again before we left for Illuminations so mom and I headed out front to wait for him.

After he came we walked towards world showcase and took some pics.

Mom had to have an EVC that day as her knees were giving her a hard time so we sat in the handicapped area right outside the gateway store to the right of the entrance to world showcase. It got filled fast and then people started to stand right in front the people in wheelchairs so they couldn’t see squat! But anyways we met these three ladies from BC Canada and talked to them awhile before the show started.

(most of my pics of the fireworks didn't turn out well but here is one of the good ones I got)
    The show was good what we saw of it from the fools in front of us and then we headed out of the park back to our resort.

We got back and got some drinks and snacks and sat for a bit before going back to the room for the night. It was an awesome day hanging out with my friends and I hope one day we can all meet again I had super fun!! Next up our last day in the parks L and MVMCP!
    Last edited by lilo88; 11-23-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

I love your Epcot pictures!! It is neat how you can see the DTD hot air balloon in your picture of Germany. Glad to hear that you had a good time meeting everyone..I'm hoping that when I do the college program this spring I will get to do some meets
    Last edited by Thumper10; 11-23-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

That firework shot is excellent.

Thank you both! The balloon was seen a lot that day. I have better pics of mk's holiday wishes coming up. Thank you tho!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Sounds like a great trip so far. I love you firework picture of Illuminations and fountain from imagination.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Thanks!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

What an excellent report Tiff and awesome pictures too!

It was also great to finally get meet you and our afternoon hanging out together was a lot of fun!!

Now for me to get back on with my own reports! AND I still need to sort all my photos and video footage... Work always gets in the way!

Once again, thanks for sharing, Tif!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Thanks Rich! It was nice meeting you and I'm happy it worked out for us! I never thought I'd have the chance to meet any of my Brit friends! I had a blast hanging out that afternoon. Can't wait to read more of your TR! ttys!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

I promise I'll have more sometime soon lol. Been really busy with the holiday and the usual.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Thursday Nov 18th- Swimming, MK and MVMCP
    Today we got up around 10 and got ready to get some breakfast and go swimming for a bit. Since the weather was so nice and the pool was super quite we wanted to take advantage of it for a bit. Mom didn’t bring her swim suit so she sat on the side and read the ME stuff we got the night before L. Around 12 we got out, on the way back to the room I saw a black snake go into the bushes (YUCKY!) but we got back to the room and took our showers and dad wanted to head downtown to ride the Characters in Flight he didn’t ride the other day. So mom and I headed to MK to wait for him. It was getting late already and we wanted to be over at the Grand Floridian by 5:30 so we could look and buy some gingerbread from the gingerbread house. We were in MK fast and sat by city hall where the restrooms are to watch the parade come by.

After the parade I was getting hungry but didn’t want to much as it was already 3:30 ish and dinner would be soon. So I got some popcorn at the little stand just inside the park by the train station.

We took the popcorn and walked up to the train station deck to eat it and watch Main Street while waiting for my dad. Meanwhile he called and was really upset that the Balloon wasn’t running today as it was very windy and wouldn’t be running tomorrow either L. So he was mad but he had to get over it, we told him he should have done it Sunday. Anyways mom and I chatted for a bit and cried for a bit as it was almost the end of her park ticket as she wouldn’t be coming to the party tonight with my dad and I. My dad finally got there and we hopped on the train to toontown so we could get some pics of the train coming out of the station.

We walked up the pathway from toontown to tomorrowland and managed to get some great pics of the Roy O. Disney locomotive coming by Space Mountain. We were going to hop back on the train back to Main Street to exit but we were already in Tomorrowland so we just walked to Main Street.

We walked slowly out of the park and to the monorail to the Grand Floridian. The monorail was packed with people leaving the park since it was closing early for the party that night. We got to the Grand Floridian and got our pictures and our gingerbread shingles and checked in early to our ADR at 1900 Park Fare.

We had never been here before so it was a first for us. We waited a while and then were called for our picture (which was very pretty backdrop for but we chose not to buy the pack as it was $25 I think!) We got seated in a very very back room by the exit and before long Lady Tremane was coming by our table. After she left we went ahead and went to the buffet, it was different but didn’t have a lot of choices that we liked so we will not be going there again. Soon it was the step sisters, they were pretty funny. Then it Prince Charming, he was kind of cute but not someone I’d drool over lol. Then finally it was Cinderella, she was quiet and didn’t say too much. After her we left so my dad and I could get back to the party at a decent time. We walked my mom down to the entrance of the park where we parted ways. She had plans to meet up with her friend that was down there, they were meeting in the lobby of our resort ASM, they were staying at POP and just caught a bus from DTD to our place then the bus driver took them back to POP since it wasn’t crowded that night. My dad and I got our wrist bands on and ran to the deck of the train station, surprisingly no one was standing in the middle so we took our opportunity and stood right behind the chairs that people had taken. We had a good view of Main Street and the Parade route! We had about a 40 min wait for the parade but we didn’t move from that spot at all! We managed to get a few pics but not many clear shots, most were all blurry.

After the parade some of the people left their seats so we grabbed two chairs and sat right down at the rail to wait for Holiday Wishes! I got up to use the restroom fast then it was almost time for the fireworks to start. It was sooooo cold that night I should have worn long sleeves or packed my sweatshirt from the past Christmas parties and my Stitch Santa ears to protect myself a bit more. I was shivering I was so cold! I took a few pics of Main Street and some panoramas with my cell camera before the show started.

The fireworks started soon and it was my first time seeing fireworks or the parade form the train station before (highly recommended if you haven’t tried that out! Sure you have to sit a long time to get some seats or stand a long time to save a spot but it was totally worth it!) Anyways manage to use the rail for a support and got some AWESOME shots! (forgive me if these pics are blurry, I have a small view on photobucket and can't tell lol)

After the fireworks were over some people were leaving the park already but we decided to head to the Emporium to pick up some party merchandise and there I found a tin solider vinylmation I had been searching for ALL week to no avail! Someone I know was wanting one so I picked it up for him.

Anyways we looked around a bit more, got a party t shirt, some party pins, and some night pants I had seen at DHS the other night that I didn’t know I wanted or not but I got them and was happy about it! We spent a small fortune it seemed and I had the bad to carry around for it the rest of the night UGH. But we headed off to Liberty Square stopping by to take some pics on the way.

We headed for Colombia Harbor house and grabbed some sugar cookies and some hot cocoa to warm us up. We sat inside as I was freezing! I think I drank my cocoa to fast because after the sweet sweet but oh so good sugar cookie (could only manage to eat one) I felt really ill! But none the less we were going to head off to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland but I remembered I hadn’t picked up to many pins this year so we cut back and across the parade route before they closed it off to people back to the Frontierland Trading Post. I got some limited edition pins and a 2011 pin already. Afterwards we went for adventureland cutting through the restrooms by the shooting range and found this bear!

Anyways we went on and it was only a few people in sight in Adventureland, most were watching the parade I guess. I was getting scared, it WAS a BIT Creepy in Adventureland all alone. I was creeped out to the max and someone opened a door and it slammed back and I yelled, you would have thought it was a Halloween party the way I was acting lol. (It reminded me of the Kingdom Keepers and I was waited for all the animatronics to come to live and drag me down to the basement of the POTC building hahaha.) Anyways we got right on POTC with no wait and no one but three operators in sight. The seat was a bit wet so my butt got wet and I hated that! Anyways the ride had a scary side, not the fun pirate ride I’m used to during the day with other people. We were all alone in the ride except two people 3 or 4 boats back I saw when I turned around at the end of the ride. But the ride was over finally and we made our way back to a bench to look at the map to see where we were heading to next. We saw a pirate band playing and one song we heard was “Grandma ran off to be a pirate” lol it was so funny it was the melody of “Grandma got ran over by a reindeer”.

We decided that I just wanted to leave as I was freezing and felt ill. We made our way to the Main Street hub and took some more pics. By this time I just sat on a bench waiting for my dad to finish some pics and I started tearing up.

I was ssssooooo sad, so I decided that I wanted to ride the TTA People mover before heading out for the night. So we made our way over and right before we got ready to walk up to the conveyor belt the ride stopped.

And it was a bit before the ride came back on then they had to make sure it would run right before letting anyone else on. Finally it started and we were on our way. My dad and I videoed the entire ride and then it came time to get off and head for Main Street, it was 12 AM, closing time and everyone was still just lingering around. I walked at a crawling speed as I didn’t want this night to end L.

We made our way up main street looking back at the castle and taking some pics of the window displays they had for Christmas (It was The Disney Christmas Carol) and the displays were so funny, they moved and shake and stuff it was neat. We walked out of the train station by Expo hall and out the exit towards our bus, I was crying again, big surprise! Lol and just pointed the way for my dad to our bus. When we got there they were loading and still had seats available! So we ran for it and found another family was waiting for the next bus so we got on and sat down for our ride back to ASM. I laid my head on my dad’s arm and cried a bit more and watched out the window at all the sights. I was feeling awful at this point, I was cold, upset and my stomach was killing me. We made it back to the resort and they were covering up the drink machines with saran wrap for the night. We walked out by the pool and made the hike back to our room, I was tired and ready for bed by now. We saw a few people heading up to the lobby for drinks so we told them they were closing it down for the night. We made it back to our room and got into bed around 1:30 AM. Tired and cold from a night in the MK. Up next… our last day L.

I'll post the rest of the pics in another reply
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

and this one is my dads

I'll have more of his pics up at the very end like I've said earlier but wanted to show you all this one of his. I'll have more TR up sometime this weekend or next week
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Great TR Tiff! I am sooooo jealous! I see I made a brief appearance in your TR. lol Can't wait to read the rest!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Thanks Adam! Of course u were mentioned lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I am glad I am not the only one that crys on the way out of MK. Adventureland always gives me the creeps at night. Last trip we rode Juncle Cruise at night and I was freaking out that some animal would eat us. LOL. I really like the one that is your dads favorite. You trip sounded so much fun except for the not feeling good part. Kind wait to hear the last of it.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast