Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious trip report! in the Vacation Planning forums; If you are very, very lucky, and the skipper feels confident enough that supervision isn't hiding in the trees, you may occasionally find yourself offered the chance to do a ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: Lilo88's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious trip report!

If you are very, very lucky, and the skipper feels confident enough that supervision isn't hiding in the trees, you may occasionally find yourself offered the chance to do a night-time cycle at Jungle Cruise without the spiel or the running lights... just the boat's engine and the environment's sound-effects.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I am glad I am not the only one that crys on the way out of MK. Adventureland always gives me the creeps at night. Last trip we rode Juncle Cruise at night and I was freaking out that some animal would eat us. LOL. I really like the one that is your dads favorite. You trip sounded so much fun except for the not feeling good part. Kind wait to hear the last of it.
    I've only been in adventureland a handful of times at night but never has it been so empty. Very creepy!
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    If you are very, very lucky, and the skipper feels confident enough that supervision isn't hiding in the trees, you may occasionally find yourself offered the chance to do a night-time cycle at Jungle Cruise without the spiel or the running lights... just the boat's engine and the environment's sound-effects.
    Oh that would really give me the creeps! It wasn't open on party night tho so it saved me! Lol
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Loving the report Tiff. And at points I was getting sad with you.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    I've only been in adventureland a handful of times at night but never has it been so empty. Very creepy!
    I love the empty, or near empty park. We did one of the first Halloween parties, I think adults were $15. Everyone we passed was handing out chips, hot coco packets, candy, no lines for them. When we got to Adventureland a Pirate jumped toward my DD (then 4) and stole her ginormous treat bag from her. She is bashful, she freaked! The pirate felt so bad he filled her bag up. Didn't know who I felt worse for her or the CM.

Oh that would really give me the creeps! It wasn't open on party night tho so it saved me! Lol
    I've done the JC at night with off script, so fun. I love JC at night. Last trip MK was open until 2 or 3. The only time I was crept out was walking with DD back to our room from the front of POR. Not a sole. The resort was sleeping. It was creepy.

Poor dd! Lol and poor cm!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

MORE TR now!!
    Friday Nov 19th- Check Out Day

We got up early to pack and check out. After we checked the room and gathered out things we headed for the food court and got our last counter service for lunch since it was already 11:00. I didnít think I wanted anything at all so I just got some breakfast potatoes before they stopped breakfast. I managed to eat those while my mom went to check out. When she got back she and my dad got ready to get lunch, I went ahead and got a hamburger because we would have had one QS left and we wanted to use it so I managed to eat half the hamburger and some of the fries, but I wish I hadnít as it made me feel even worse. The night before I was experiencing chills and then sweating so I think I had some fever spells in the night. After we finished lunch I went to the resort gift store and bought a big shopping bag to put all of our other shopping bags in so I could carry it on with us, (we wanted to carry it on because of what happened when coming back from California when we lost our luggage). And I got some allergy meds to see it they would help me any at all. After that we went to check in our luggage at the resort so we didnít have to tote them around all day. We were going to play mini golf at Wintersummerland today but I didnít feel like it so we decided not to, instead we got a bus to DTD so my dad could try to ride the balloon again, and after that I wanted to ride the monorail to Epcot and back so since I didnít feel like walking much my mom and I just sat at the Contemporary Bus Stop and waited for him to return. Soon he was back and disappointed as it was still too windy today to go up L. He should have done it Sunday like we told him he could do. Anyways soon our bus came and it was packed but we managed to get a seat and I texted Adam all the way to the Contemporary, after we got there and got off the bus we headed for the monorail deck on the way checking out the gingerbread tree they have this year.

Soon we were on the monorail and got off at the ticket and transportation stop to transfer to the Epcot Monorail. It wasnít too long and the Tronorail pulled in!! I was so excited to be riding it after seeing it all week long! Itís kinda hard to see out of the windows because of the screens so if youíre looking for photo opps while circling Epcot you may want to wait for the next one. I managed to zoom in and get some half decent photos of Epcot.

We rode around once more and got off in Epcot to catch a bus back to our resort as it was getting close to time for our ME bus. Once we got back to the resort we sat in the food court area aging and I decided to use the arcade voucher and play a few games, I won some tickets and just gave it to a little girl that was in there as I didnít see anything I wanted. After that we went to the lobby and sat for a bit watching people check in and checkout then we got our bags back and headed for the ME stop, by this time my ear was KILLING me and I was so scared about the flight back to Richmond. We waited for another ME after one came and then we got on and sat down. We picked up some other people at Sports and Coronado Springs then were on our way to the airport, during the ride a girl in front of me kept looking back and staring at me I felt like asking what her problem was. I didnít feel well and was leaving the most wonderful place on earth and I could slap anyone at any time! I cried all the way to the airport, one reasonÖ we were leaving WDW another I felt HORRIBLE and I again I was so scared about my ear for the flight. I got some Tylenol from my mom once we were there. We checked in and we wanted to look through the Earport store but didnít have time so we hustled through security and were cutting to it close for our liking. We got through finally and got the tram to our area. We got off and dad got something to eat from burger king as when we got to Richmond there would be nothing open and no way of getting anything to eat. I didnít want anything at first but knew I really needed something since it would be tomorrow morning before I got anything except pretzels. So I got a creaser salad at a little store by our gate and ate it fast as they were boarding our plan soon. Airtran doesnít mess around they board about 40 mins prior to take off. Good thing we did as there were a few stragglers and seat switchers they had to take care of. Luckily we pulled out on time and were on our way to the runway. We were up in the air soon and my ear didnít bother me except taking off a bit. The flight was smooth and non eventful just like any flight should be lol. I didnít get my iPod out as I didnít think I would listen to it anyways so I was a bit board but kept looking out the window at the lights and darkness of the cities. It was already past nine at night so it was dark out before we left the ground in Orlando. We got to Richmond soon and I only had some problems with my ear when landing again so it wasnít too bad. Its fun trying to figure out where you are when you are in the air and then landing. Anyways we hustled out and used the restrooms; the airport was near empty till you got out where people wait for passengers. We got our luggage soon and I got some more pills then we headed outside and called the transport to our hotel for the night but one was already there and we just got on board and were off to the holiday inn soon. It was freezing outside and made me wish I had my coat, being sick and freezing wasnít a good idea. We got out and checked in fast and got our room. The hotel was very nice and bed bug free! We had a view of the air condition unit right outside our room as it was on a little flat roof overhang on the second floor lol. We didnít care and sat a bit before heading to bed. The beds were nice and very comfy; we were out like a light soon! Soon it was time to get up and head down stairs to check out and meet my aunt for our ride back to my grandmotherís house.

Well I hope you enjoyed my TR! Thanks for reading and Iíll have some more pics of my dads up soon and Iíll have my blanket picture up soon also!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

here is my blanket! It's so pretty and soft!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Great TR Tiff! Wanted to reach through the screen and hug you when I got to the crying parts.

Cute Blanket, what kind of material is it, I can't tell.

Did you get a picture of the Tron monorail? Good tip about the Gingerbread. I seem to remember paying $10 for a gingerbread shingle cookie for my DD.

And I love this picture:

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Great TR Tiff! Wanted to reach through the screen and hug you when I got to the crying parts.

Cute Blanket, what kind of material is it, I can't tell.
    Thanks, glad I could send the emotion through the screen to the readers .

I think it's fleece, a really really really really soft fuzzy material, *dreamy!* . I sleep with it up by my head and bury my face it in
    Did you get a picture of the Tron monorail? Good tip about the Gingerbread. I seem to remember paying $10 for a gingerbread shingle cookie for my DD.
    I didn't post one a few days back? I think it was epcot day (17th) I'll post some more soon .
    I think the gingerbread was $7.50 this time. Some lady in front of us claimed that her's dropped out the bag and shattered in pieces. They are so thick and she also didn't have a receipt to prove her purchase not the wrapper or anything. The only that that could have broke on it was the chocolate on the back. They gave her one with not to many questions asked. I hate to accuse her of something but you'd think you would have something to prove that you had bought one from there.
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

And thanks, thats my favorite picture too
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

I remember my son saying the guest can dish it out but the CM can only get in trouble when they challenge a guest. They really are in a no win situation, especially with the $$ guests spend to stay in the GF!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

LOVE the blanket!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

I remember my son saying the guest can dish it out but the CM can only get in trouble when they challenge a guest. They really are in a no win situation, especially with the $$ guests spend to stay in the GF!
    That's awful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    LOVE the blanket!!
    Thanks. Its awesome! Lol
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i seen those blankets.. i now wish i had bought one
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123