Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lilo88's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious trip report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone! I'm back from my awesome trip yet short short trip to the World and have a great TR to share with everyone! So sit back relax and get ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Talking Lilo88's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious trip report!

Hey everyone! I'm back from my awesome trip yet short short trip to the World and have a great TR to share with everyone! So sit back relax and get some popcorn or reading glasses and enjoy my Trip report for the week of November 14th-19th
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Re: Lilo88's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious trip report!

November 14th
    Today we flew in from Richmond. Our flight was delayed be almost an hour because of deicing!. We finally got on our way, on the way we flew over the coast almost the whole time, and were in Orlando fast.

My ears didnít bother me at all until landing. And they hurt most of the day today. When we landed I saw Space Ship Earth and Dolphin Resort and thought I saw the MK but wasnít sure. We got on ME finally after walking what felt like forever! We were on our way to All Star Music!!

We saw some plane writing in the sky on the way that was neat.

We dropped off people at Coronado Springs and then All Start Sports. Next up was us, we checked in and got our pins for my birthday, I got the birthday pin while my mom and dad got Iím Celebrating pins, they didnít have those the last time we went in 08. Anyways we checked in fast and found our room to be way in the back in building 4 in the Rock Inn area, room 4535. The walk was nice as you went through the big pool then a fountain area reminiscent of New Orleans a bit and flickering lanterns with some roses along a fence.

The Resort seemed old to me and I think they are refurbishing it, I hope they are at least. It made me miss our usual Movies resort area. But it would do for our short stay and I was just happy to be in WDW again! We fell out in our beds for about 20 mins and then it was time to head to DTD. But before heading for the bus I stopped by concierge and bought Mickeyís Very Merry Christmas Party Tickets for Thursday night, and Dad bought one also. I always hate going on the bus to DTD as itís such a long ways from the All Start Resorts. We shopped a bit and then met up with our family, my momís cousin and his wife for a while; we shopped some more walked and took advantage of our voucher for Planet Hollywood. My dad wanted to ride the balloon but decided he'd come back another day to ride it as we were all pretty hungry

I had a mixed frozen drink and it was awesome and helped unwind me from the very long day we had had.

We parted ways after dinner as we could hardly make it anymore from being up so early and having the long long drive from St. Louis to Richmond the night before. We got back to ASM finally and got our first snacks and drinks with our cups. I didnít end up eating my snack (A Mickey rice crispy treat with chocolate ears!) so we put it away for another night (I still have it lol). We hiked back to our room and went to bed early as we had to be at the bus stop at 6:45am for our Chef Mickeyís Reservations! Up next my birthday and our first day in the parks!!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

And I promise all my next pics are the right deminsions!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

November 15th Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios
    We were up early early at 5 am! Mom and Dad had bought me a Birthday pin and gave it to me before heading off for the day. We were at the bus by 6:45am; we went straight to the Contemporary resort as everyone on the bus was heading for Chef Mickey’s. I don’t care much for breakfast food but found a bit to eat and it was good, I was so excited to get the day started my stomach was in knots as always haha. I had a good time with the characters though and got a cup cake for breakfast.

I liked the new photo area as well and feel the restaurant works better now. We finished and went to the restrooms before going to MK, we took the monorail and were at the MK in no time and just in time for rope drop, it was the first time my parents had seen the show and it was my second time seeing it.

Once inside my dad and I headed for our traditional Picture spot on the deck of the Train Station

and were back on Main Street to head up to Liberty Square since it is never busy right after park opening (something I figured out in 08 on my tour of 4 parks in one day) we got some pics and checked out the new version of the Hall of Presidents, Mom and dad feel asleep lol but I enjoyed it.

After the show we headed for the haunted mansion and enjoyed it even tho some people wanted to walk right around us and into the front of the line (so rude!) anyways we enjoyed it and ended up being the first riders. Got off and my dad and I headed for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad for our regular ride, it was wilder than I remembered it and my mom said it was because I’m getting older now and laughed. I completely forgot about it being BTMRR’s birthday as well as mine. My favorite ride and I share a birthday! Cool! Happy 30th BTMRR! It wasn’t a long wait at all either, I love that area when the park opens! My dad and I ate some lunch at Columbia harbor house for the first time and it was good! We then headed for Fantasyland and my mom and dad rode It’s a Small World, I didn’t ride it this trip so instead I got a bench outside of Pinocchio Village Haus and burnt up by the sun lol.

It seemed forever then they finally came and we headed off to Toon town for our last visit to Mickey and Minnie’s house’s.

We hopped on a train and rode it around 1 and a half times and got off in Frontierland, you can see a bit of the fantasyland expansion from the train and dad snapped some pics! (I'll upload them at the very end of my TR)

We got off the train and got some lunch for my mom at the outpost where McD’s used to be, she hadn’t ate anything since breakfast and was feeling hungry.

We stopped in the the restrooms behind POTC and they were awful! Not clean and just plain nasty! Very disappointed by that (we encountered several more restrooms in the same condition on our trip). Anyways Mom can’t remember how WDW’s POTC didn’t have that bad of a drop and decided against riding with my dad and I. (The DL version had a big ish drop and she just remembers it lol so she was scared a bit) anyway my dad and I walked right in and only had about a 4 min wait I’d say so it was nice and we enjoyed the ride but it will never be the same to me after DL’s version hahaha. Afterwards Dad walked the tree house as I told him that it had some good views of the park and would make for some neat pictures, mom and I sat it out and ran into her cousin’s wife again and chatted for a bit. After dad got back and we were done talking to the family we headed for Main Street and the Emporium, Main Street was packed so we cut through the shops and looked around a while. I found this extra soft blanket that has the Castle Dream lights on it and HAD to have it but it was only available for purchase if you bought $40 worth of stuff, (I'll take a pic soon of it) I wanted it so bad I ran around forever just picking stuff up and buying it, the 2010 stuff was on sale so I had to get a bit more, the total ended up being almost $70! So long most of my money lol but I was happy that I had the blanket! We didn’t have anything else to do so we checked into Crystal Palace extra extra early and sat on a bench facing the castle, watched it for awhile and listened to the Celebrate Dance party thing and then they called us almost an hour ahead of our reservation!

(All of the dinner pics are on dads card right now so I'll upload those at the very end aswell) Tigger came by soon then we got some food. The food was awesome as always and I got a card from the characters again for my birthday. I noticed a lot this time that the characters had handlers with them but the one at CP was right on top of them, at one point I saw a kid run up to Tigger and give him a hug and the handler shook her head and tigger put his hands up and wouldn’t touch the kid! The parents talked to her and tigger left and came back again later but still couldn’t hug him. We had a bit of a view of the castle and saw the lights come on and the electrical parade go by. We were sorry we missed the parade as it wasn’t playing anymore while we’d be there that week L. After dinner we headed for the Monorail after taking some pics of the castle.

We went to the TTC and got a bus to MGM (yeah I know DHS but on this thread It will be Called MGM and sometimes DHS lol). MGM had extra Magic hours tonight so we wanted to see the lights as when we have our reservations at prime time cafť we wouldn’t have that much time till closing to see the lights. The park was empty!
    (hey Lou found you an on site studio!!)
    And walked back to the lights and took some pics and video (I had to save my pics most of the week because I didn’t have many cards and no laptop to download them on to
    L).

(I think I found all of the Mickey's while there aswell!)

We headed out for the exit as we were supper tired and had had a long day. Once back to the resort we got some drinks and snacks and headed for the room. When we got back to the room I had a card on the table with Mickey’s picture and a 20% off Photopass card for my birthday!

We turned in for the night as we had been up for about 16 or 17 hours with a little night’s sleep the night before. Next up AK and DHS again!

sorry about that one pic people! Didn't relize I chose a blurry one!
    Last edited by lilo88; 11-23-2010 at 12:58 AM.
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[QUOTE=lilo88;917985]

Thanks Tiff!!! You remembered!

I saw the picture and then your comments about the room looking old. That was my first thought too when I saw the pic.

And nobody is getting me up in that balloon. I have a hard enough time in the dang tree house. Not a fan of heights. That is why I love TTT, I'm inside!

I only have Sunday's and Mondays pics on photobucket right now so I've got to upload more before I can do any more TR!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Thanks Tiff!!! You remembered!

I saw the picture and then your comments about the room looking old. That was my first thought too when I saw the pic.

And nobody is getting me up in that balloon. I have a hard enough time in the dang tree house. Not a fan of heights. That is why I love TTT, I'm inside!
    No problem!

Yeah they were working on a few buildings up at the front of the complex so hopefully they will get back there eventually.

lol, I didn't want to go up in it either that day but did kinda want to go up, not afraid of heights lol.
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

Tuesday 16th Animal Kingdom and Disneyís Hollywood Studios
    Today we slept in late because of our long last few days, it was really needed and we felt rested when we got up. We ate some breakfast at the food court in the lobby and it was packed! Then we headed off for the short bus ride to Animal Kingdom. We got in the park at around 11:30 or so and my mom decided since we didnít have much time to spend as we had to get to DHS soon that she would just sit upfront on a bench and do some people watching and bird watching at the exhibits in the front of the park (a couple of the birds were nesting and she got to see the handlers feeding and giving twigs to the birds for the nest, she said it was interesting.

While she was sitting there a group of handicapped people came in and one of the members of the group talked to her and said that my mom was her new bestest friend and asked for a picture. Mom didnít care and got a kick out of talking to her, it was sweet.

Back to my dad and I know, we headed off for pictures while walking and taking a ride on Expedition Everest, it was wild and scarier than I remember lol (it must be like my mom said Iím getting older now hahaha) It was only about a 12 min wait even tho the sign said a 20 min wait time. After getting off we headed to the Jungle Trek, it was my first time going through it and it was interesting to see all the animals up close.

We still didnít have time to do everything we wanted to do in AK, it always seems we rush through it and have no time to spend there or just skip everything. It isnít one of our favorite parks but I did want to do a few more things there I hadnít done since 99í.

But we had no time and had to rush back to the front to catch a bus to MGM for our reservations at Prime Time Cafť.

I was really hungry by the time we got to the Studios since I didnít eat much breakfast so I got a pretzel and a frozen lemonade and sat and ate it while dad went to ride RnRc. Mom and I did some people watching and enjoyed ourselves.

When dad got back I wanted to go do a bit of shopping but we decided to go ahead to Toy Story Midway Mania and when we got there it said it was a 50 min wait we had time so we jumped in line but the end of the line was already past the candy land game set and we knew it wasnít a 50 min wait.

We got to the Mr. Potato head part and an old couple just jumped right in front of us and another family! We should have said something to them but they just ignored everyone that said something to them. Grumpy old couple! Anyways in no time at all we were at the bottom of the stair in Andyís room and the ride breaks down for a second or two haha we thought we wouldnít be able to ride but it was back and running soon. I looked for Jeanne but didnít find her anywhere. My mom and I rode in the same car and dad was behind us. I got 80,700 points, mom got 27,000 some points and dad got 125,000 some points : / lol, I got the big targets to so I donít understand what happened!

Anyways we then didnít have time to do anything else so we wandered on over to a bench across from American Idol and sat while dad went off to the restroom.

When he returned we went on to the restaurant and got seated fast. It was good food, just too much. They donít have much of a selection really and the food isnít presented like it would be in a 50ís home. But whatever it was good and service was good, I wish our waitress would have gotten more into the part tho, some of them really get into it and I think itís really funny. (Dad got a bit creative and played with his food)

I was still having stomach problems so I didnít eat much of it and hardly any dessert at all. Afterwards dad headed back to the lights as we finished our dinner about the same time our reservations would have started originally, Mom and I headed off to do some browsing in the shops and met up with Dad later to take some pics on the way out. We then got to our bus and headed to the resort, I headed straight for the room as I was tired and mom and dad got a pizza and breadsticks for later since our dinner was early and got some drinks. Tomorrow Epcot and meeting up with Friends!! (this little guy was in our room when we got back the night before )
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Loved the pics and your report.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

GREAT stuff! Made for a good read, and the photos were brilliant.

I can only sympathise enough with you over sinus trouble; years of diving wrecked mine and they are forever troubling me. Not in the least bit comfortable and of all the times to get a squeeze... NOT a Disney trip!!

Loved the gate photo (very sad to see!) the WDW Radio photo was hillarious. Great find.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Great report!! You have motivated me to finally want to get mine started too lol. I saw the plane writing in the sky on the last day of my trip (Nov 6). I'm excited to see the pic of your blanket...I got one with the castle and some characters on it while I was there and I've been cuddled up in it everyday!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Great pics!! Makes me want to jump in the car and go to there........
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I love it when people do trip reports -- it's my favorite part of the site. Your report is especially great. Thanks for the extra effort.

Thanks everyone! I try my best to please everyone lol. I did take a pic this morning of the blanket, ill post it later when I get on the computer. I'm on my phone now. I have more pics uploaded! So I'll have more tr up soon!
    Tiffany~ļoļ ~ D23 member

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Great report so far Tiff! I love seeing WDW all decked out for Christmas (makes me excited for our trip in a few weeks!)

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast