Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Amanda's Fall 2010 Trip Report with Pics! in the Vacation Planning forums; great pics and tr again! Can't wait to see more!...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Amanda's Fall 2010 Trip Report with Pics!

great pics and tr again! Can't wait to see more!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Saturday, October 30

Today we had early breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's for 7:10 a.m. I think we all had a hard time getting up and ready in time since we had been so busy the day before. We managed to get ourselves going though, and we hopped in our car for a short ride over to the Contemporary. We had never eaten at Chef Mickey's before, so we were excited to try it out and start our day out with some characters. We checked in and before they seated us, we got a nice family photo.

We got seated and then it was up to the buffet for some breakfast. I don't remember everything I ate, but it was all tasty! I did have my first ever Mickey waffle here. Before we knew it, the characters were over to visit and sign autographs. We had a lot of fun with them. When Goofy came over he spotted my autograph book on the table and pointed to it because he thought I had forgotten to give it to him. I told him that I already had his autograph and he hit himself in the head and then shook it, as if saying, "Oh silly me, how did I forget!?" It was pretty funny.

After Pluto came by, we took the opportunity to refill our plates with more yummy food. I loaded up on fruit and went to sit back down. Once we were seated, music started playing and all of the characters started to dance. The whole restaurant was waving their napkins around in the air dancing and singing along, so we had fun with that. Minnie came over to pay us a visit next.

Finally Mickey came over for a picture!

When we finished our breakfast, it was still pretty early so we decided to head back to the resort for a bit and then go over to Typhoon Lagoon when it opened since it would be closing for its seasonal refurbishment the next day. Once we got back to POR, we all realized we were still pretty tired and we ended up falling back asleep for a bit. We woke up a bit later and got ready to go to the waterpark.

Here is my sleepy sister who didn't want to wake up yet!

-Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

We walked over to the bus stop and waited a few minutes for the bus. A lot of people from POR were headed to Typhoon Lagoon and the bus ended up being pretty crowded. Once we were through the turnstiles, we went right to Crush n Gusher. When we rode this back in '06 my mom, sister, and I had such a fun time on it that we were laughing to the point of tears. It definitely wasn't as wild as I remember, but still fun. My dad ended up hurting his back on his first ride down, so he didn't go on anything else. The rest of us finished up all three of the different slides and then everyone walked over to Shark Reef. We really love this experience and have been doing it since I was a little girl. Nate was excited to give it a shot since he has never snorkeled before. We all had a fun time, and Nate really loved getting to see all of the different types of fish and especially the sharks. After the snorkeling, we went in the wave pool to try out the giant waves. We actually ended up spending quite a long time in here because we were having so much fun! The waves really are enormous!! Once we finally got out, my dad headed back to the resort to give his back a rest. The rest of decided to do the rest of the slides. We had a lot of fun on Gang Plank Falls and it was nice that we could all ride together, even though it was kind of short. Next Amber, Nate, and I raced down Humonga Kowabunga. Nate won, and since we are all pretty competitive, we decided to go again. My mom stayed down at the bottom to be our official judge lol. It was a pretty close call, but Nate beat us again. We all finished up our day on Keelhaul Falls and Mayday Falls, then decided it was time to go meet back up with my dad. It was a fun day, and I'm glad we got to squeeze a trip to TL in before it closed for refurbishment.

-Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

I love Chef Mickeys even tho I hate breakfast lol, I thought we had an early ressy! Ours was 7:35 but got there really early. Great pictures can't wait to see and read more! Btw we sat right on the other side of the wall where the buffet was when we ate there this time lol.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Loving your TR. Fun when there is a WDW newbie that isn't a child.
    The Lagoon holds a special place in my heart, enjoying it when my kids were little.

Chef Mickey's Breakfast never did much for me. We did Christmas Eve Dinner there one year and it was excellent. Miss the original Chef Mickey's in DTD.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

After Typhoon Lagoon, we caught a bus back to POR to change clothes and wash up a bit. We had a quick snack in the room and were right back out to the bus stop. Hopped the next bus to DHS and we were on our way.

Once in the park, we headed straight back to the Great Movie Ride because there was no wait. We had a fun ride and were able to spot quite a few hidden Mickeys. Nate's really big into movies, so he enjoyed it quite a bit. After that, we headed down Sunset Blvd since dad was missin' Rockin' Rollercoaster and Amber wanted to ride ToT. We saw that RnRC had a 60 minute wait, so we opted to skip it and do ToT. I hate, hate, hate ToT!! It scares the living daylights out of me, but I do it over and over every trip...I don't know why I torture myself with it.

Disney did such a fantastic job with the theming and preshow for ToT...it really adds to my horrifying experience! As soon as the lights go out in the library, I begin to freak out every time..never fails. Everyone, aside from me, had such fun on ToT that they wanted to do it again. Outnumbered, I sulked back in line behind them for another terrifying ride. After the second ride, the family wanted to go for round 3....but luckily I was able to talk them out of it (thank goodness!). We had a look at RnRc again to see if the wait had gone down, but unfortunately it had broken down! Instead, we decided to walk over near the backlot and did the backlot tour. We all enjoy this attraction even though I've heard so many people say that its not as good as it used to be. I only got to ride the older version of it once when I was younger, and don't recall much of it.

I always love to get a look at Walt's plane.

Nate had no idea what was in store in Catastrophe Canyon, so he was shocked once he saw everything catch on fire.

Once we got off the ride we spent some time looking around at all of the movie costumes because Nate thought they were pretty cool. Again...he is a movie junkie. We stopped for a picture at the giant coke bottle when we left purely out of tradition--Amber and I pose for this picture on every single trip.

It was almost time for park closing, but we decided to have a look at the wait for TSM before heading out. It was well over an hour, but we were able to get a picture and autographs from this guy.

I had expected the wait to be really long, but I was still a bit bummed as I was really looking forward to riding this. We still had plenty of time left in our trip though, so I knew we would get to ride before we had to go home. Mom, Amber, Nate, and I decided to hop over to Epcot after that for some dinner, and my dad went back to the resort.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

We decided to take a boat over to Epcot, something we had never done before. The line was pretty long, so we had to wait a bit. As we waited on the pier, some people behind us started throwing bread into the water. Some ducks came over to eat it, and before we knew it we could see some fish and a turtle just under the surface of the water snacking on it too! It was kind of comical watching the three different kinds of animals compete over who could get to the bread first! That kept us entertained until our boat finally arrived. We sat inside since it was starting to get chilly out and were kept entertained on our ride by a very humorous skipper. He told jokes the whole way and had all of us laughing. We opted to unload at the Yacht Club and then walk the rest of the way to Epcot. It was a nice walk and we got to admire how lovely the resorts look at night. The Beach Club had a movie on the beach going on, which looked like fun for a lot of families.

I snapped a couple shots of the Boardwalk on our way.

We walked into Epcot through the International Gateway and headed for Mexico. We were all starving and planned on having a counter service dinner at La Cantina de San Angel. On our last trip back in '07 we had lunch there and loved it. Unfortunately I can't say the same this time around. My mom, sister, and I all had a beef taco meal, and while it was still good, it was nothing like we remembered. The menu has changed since our last trip, and it didn't seem like there was much of a selection. Nate got nachos, which were good but nothing special. His portion was absolutely enormous though. We hung out in Mexico so we could see Illuminations. By the time we were done eating, it was about time for the fireworks. We were sitting under the pavilion in La Cantina, but we were right on the edge by the railing so we thought our view would be pretty good. We were very wrong. We could see about half of the fireworks from where we were seated and really couldn't get any nice photos. We figured we would just catch it another night and make sure we had better seats, so we weren't too bummed out. Unfortunately, we never did get to catch it again. Once the fireworks ended, we made our way out of Epcot and were lucky enough to get a seat on the bus back to POR without even waiting. We got back to the resort, took quick showers, and were sleeping before we knew it.

Next up...Halloween! Breakfast at the Crystal Palace and MNSSHP
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

How pretty is that!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    How pretty is that!
    Thanks
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Well it's been a few days since I updated, but I finally have more for everyone to see!

Sunday, October 31

I think everyone was really looking forward to all of the fun that we had planned for this day and because it was holloween! Our excitement got us up and out the door early for our 8:10 breakfast ADR at the Crystal Palace. I knew I wanted to arrive a bit before our ADR so we could get some nice empty pictures of the MK, which we had never done before. We drove over to the TTC and then hopped on the monorail to the MK. It was great being able to walk up Main Street before opening and have it all to ourselves!

I just love Main Street, and my sister and I took a good look at all of the windows as we walked up it. Before we knew it, we were approaching the hub and looking at this lovely sight.

We took the opportunity to snap some pictures of all of us before breakfast. It was already a great morning!

I'm really happy with the way this one turned out.

We then walked over the the Crystal Palace and checked in. We only had to wait a few minutes before we were seated, but still managed to sneak some more pictures in.

After our pictures we were called and seated. We took our drink orders and then were off filling our plates. I think the whole family really enjoyed breakfast here. Everything was delicious, the atmosphere is great, and the characters are lots of fun! Even though we all liked Chef Mickey's too, I think it was unanimous for us that the CP was our favorite!

We didn't have to wait long for Eeyore to pay us a visit.

On my first Disney visit back when I was in 2nd grade, we had breakfast at the CP. I remember that when Eeyore visited us, my mom wanted me to get a picture with his tail. I was really embarrassed and shy about it, but my mom made me do it, so I unwillingly did. I recalled that memory when Eeyore visited our table this time around, so before he left I asked for a picture with his tail, and this time I wasn't so shy about it!

I had fun watching the characters parade around the restaurant with all the little kids simply because it brough back memories of when I got to do it when I was little.

I have always loved Pooh Bear.

Our view out the window from our table

Finally we were all stuffed from a great breakfast! We were lovig getting to try out so many restaurants because of the free dining plan, but it sure is a lot of food! We walked back down Main Street and left the MK after breakfast since we would be back that evening for MNSSHP. We took the monorail back to the TTC and then loaded a bus for Animal Kingdom--the last park that we had not yet visited this trip.

I'll have more up soon!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Love your matching shirts on Halloween! The picture with Piglet especially turned out nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Love your matching shirts on Halloween! The picture with Piglet especially turned out nice.
    Thanks! We decided that since we didn't get costumes for MNSSHP we would just match all day instead.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

great pictures!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

It wasn't too long before we were at AK. After our walk through the Oasis, we stopped in front of the Tree of Life for some photos.

We decided to walk into Africa and go for a ride on the safari since it was still early and we were hoping there would be a lot of animals out. The animals were really active and we got great views of a lot of them. I even got to see the lion and cheetah better than ever before, so it was a good trip. It's definitely one of the attractions that my family enjoys most at AK.

After our safari, I wanted to take a walk on the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail in hopes that we could get a view of the baby gorilla. We were in luck and got to watch the baby with its mom for a long time--they were so cute together!!

We had a nice walk down the rest of the trail and looked at all of the rest of the animals.

Then it was time for a ride on Expedition Everest so we crossed into Asia. We thought we might have to fastpass it, but the wait time was listed as only 20 minutes so we hopped in line. We didn't even end up waiting that long, and soon we were on our way up the mountain.

We had a fun ride, but in comparison to my past rides on EE, the Yeti is barely even noticeable anymore! The rest of my family thought the same thing...its like he barely even moves! We ended up having to ride again because Nate actually didn't even see the Yeti on our first ride through..lol. I really wish Disney would fix it to the way it is supposed to be. We walked into Discovery Island after that to catch a showing of It's Tough to be a Bug, since my mom really likes it.

Here I am acting like a goofball in my bug eyes with my mom and sister.

Next it was a walk into Dinoland USA for a ride on Dinosaur, another favorite for everyone. Nate had no idea it was such a wild ride so he was in store for a surprise. He ended up loving it and deemed it worthy of a spot in his top 5 favorites rides list. My dad was getting tired at that point so he decided to head back to POR for a nap, while the rest of us took a walk over towards Flights of Wonder.

We had never watched the show before, and we all thought it was pretty neat. I'd definitely recommend to catch it at least once if you've never seen it before. All of the different birds do some pretty entertaining tricks.

As soon as FoW ended, we tried to hurry our way into Camp Minnie Mickey because it was just time for a showing of Festival of the Lion King to start. We got distracted on the way by DeVine who was out, and we had never had the chance to see her before. After a super quick stop for a photo, we hustled our way over to FotLK.

My mom and I really really love to watch FotLK, so we were excited to see the show and enjoyed ourselves as usual.

After the show, we decided to brave a ride on Kali River Rapids, probably a bad idea. Once we got off we were freezing and soaked, so we decided to head back to the resort to get changed since we had done all we wanted to at the park anyway. The bus ride back to POR seemed to take forever since we were all so cold, but finally we made it back and took a little break in the room.

When we got back our Mousekeeper had this Halloween surprise waiting for us!

We had a snack and and dried off our clothes and then decided we would head over to the MK for some fun at the Halloween party! More will be up soon!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    great pictures!!
    Thanks Tiff! I loved all of the ones from your TR as well!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast