Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Amanda's Fall 2010 Trip Report with Pics! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all My family returned home from our magical vacation November 7..and I've been stuck with the Disney blues ever since! I'm looking forward to doing my trip report so ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Amanda's Fall 2010 Trip Report with Pics!

Hi all
    My family returned home from our magical vacation November 7..and I've been stuck with the Disney blues ever since! I'm looking forward to doing my trip report so I can relive some of the magic and hope you can feel some of it to
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Re: Amanda's Fall 2010 Trip Report with Pics!

Wednesday, October 25
    My sister and I started cleaning and loading the car in the late afternoon while my parents were still at work. By 5 p.m. we were on the road and Disneybound The trip was uneventful but very, very long. We made terrible time and after our 23.5 hour drive from NW Indiana, we were finally crossing into Disney territory.

It was so exciting to pull into POR and be "welcomed home." We really love this resort...it is so beautiful and peaceful.
    Below is me, my sister Amber, and my boyfriend Nate just after we got out of the car after our long journey. It felt great to finally be able to stretch out!

We went over to check-in, which took only a minute since I had done the online check-in before we arrived. This was Nate's first vacation ever, so we were all so excited to show him around. Here he is looking like a little kid (we're actually both 21, lol) with his key to the world card and 1st visit pin
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Too cute!!!
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

Our room was in building 14 in the Alligator Bayou section on the second floor. I had requested building 38 on the ground floor, but we ended up enjoying our location anyway, as it was the closest building to the main building. The bus stop was pretty near by also.
    We took a few quick photos of the resort before getting settled in our room and said hello to the big waterwheel.

Below is our lovely little lodge that we were happy to call home for 10 days.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Once we made it to our room, we all washed up as quickly as we could because we were itching to get over to the Magic Kingdom, which was closing in less than 2 hours. We walked over to the bus stop and only waited a few minutes before we were on our way. I love to hear the Mickey Mouse music piped throughout the bus just as you arrive at the MK. It gets me so anxious and excited every time I hear it

It had been 3 years since my last trip, so I was so glad to be back on Main Street and looking at the castle! It was also great to see the Magic Kingdom decked out in all of its autumn best because we had never been at this time of year before.

We didn't have much time, so we decided to hurry on over to Pirates, where we had no wait. I had brought my WDW Trivia and a few other Disney secrets books with me this trip so I had fun pointing out all of the hidden things in the queues to my family. I showed them the stalemate chess game with the skeletons before we loaded Pirates and then we hopped on. It was a nice first ride and fun to watch Nate's face as he saw Captain Jack. Afterwards my mom wanted to walk over to Splash Mountain, which is her favorite. Luckily we somehow avoided getting wet, so we didn't get chilly. We walked next door to BTMRR after sSplash and waited about 10 minutes before taking off on the wildest ride in the wilderness. This has been a family favorite since I was a little kid, and once agian, it didn't let us down. We made our way back to it many more times before our vacation ended. Once we were done on Big Thunder, time was running out, so we decided to hurry over the Haunted Mansion before we had to leave. Amber, Nate, and I climbed into one Doom Buggy together and had a fun ride. I pointed out the hidden Mickey on the dining room table to Nate, which he liked. He thought that the dancing ghosts in the ballroom and the hitch hiking ghost who caught a ride on his lap were awesome, and really got a kick out of the ride. The park was closing when we got off the ride, so we headed back to POR for some dinner and rest since we were all exhausted from the ride down.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Cool!! Great pics can't wait to hear more!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Agreed!

Once we got back to POR we walked over the food court for some dinner because we were all starved. We were on the free dining plan, and it was the first time we've ever used the dining plan. It was fantastic..all of our meals were great and we saved SO much money, but it is a LOT of food. If the free dining plan happens to fall during any of our trips ever again, we will for sure be taking advantage of it. However, it's not something we would pay for..for our family we would just never eat that much food in a day. After we were all fed and showered for the night, we fell asleep really quickly.

Friday, October 29

We decided to spend our second day at SeaWorld. Since we were in bed pretty early, we all had an easy time getting up and were at SeaWorld just as the park opened. We have always really enjoyed SeaWorld, however, this trip we noticed some changes in policy and just the overall atmosphere of the place that kind of took away from it. By the end of the day, we all agreed that the park is still fun once in a while, but not a must do every trip for us anymore.
    Anyway...we walked into the park and checked our times guide and noticed the Pets Ahoy show was just about to start. My mom loves this show so we hurried over and walked in about 2 minutes late. It is a really cute show involving rescued dogs, cats, and birds. It had us all laughing and entertained, but it is pretty short. Once we finished that, we had about 45 minutes to kill before sitting down for the sea lion show-- Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island. We walked around a bit and made our way over to where the sting rays were. Nate had never touched one before, so he thought that as was pretty cool, and we all had a nice time interacting with them.

The next picture is kind of funny...out of all of the people gathered around the sting rays, Nate, Amber, and I were the only ones who were petting them.

We walked over to the dolphin nursery next, which we all loved (dolphins are my favorite!). We got to see quite a few baby ones in there, which were adorable. They were all very attached to the mothers and didn't leave their side.

After that it was time to head over to the Sea Lion show. It's a great show with lots of humour, even though I didn't think it was quite as good as it used to be. Still definitely worth seeing though.

Nate really wanted to know how the walrus was even able to move, lol.
    When the show ended we walked out of the stadium to the sea lion habitat, where this little guy decided he wanted to show off for us and climbed out of the tank.

Here we are with the sea lions.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Cool!! Great pics can't wait to hear more!
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Agreed!
    Thanks!! It was a great trip!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

The dolphin show started only a few minutes after the sea lion show ended, so that was next on our list. I remember SeaWorld's dolphin show from when I was a kid being fantastic. It is still fun to watch, but nothing like I remember. Personally, I think that there is too much focus on the costumed humans and the birds, and not enough time with the dolphins. I was able to catch a few great shots of the dolphins on my camera though.

After the dolphin show we started to make our way towards Shamu Stadium, stopping at some exhibits along the way. SeaWorld is really a very pretty park so we took our time enjoying the scenerey.

Here are some cute pumpkin fish they had out for Halloween.

My sister and I with our mom
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I've only been to SeaWorld once in 97 didn't really enjoy it much tho. Great pics!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Hi all I've been busy with the holidays and the school semester coming to a close, but I will have some more TR up tonight!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

luvin your trip pics

Finally some more trip report!

On our way to Shamu Stadium we stopped in to visit the sharks. It's pretty neat how you walk through a tunnel and are surrounded by them on all sides.
    Here's one that is a little blurry, but you can see this guy hangin' out on the floor of the tank.

Finally we made our way into Shamu Stadium and got our seats. Before the show started they had a new baby killer whale out for us to see, which was pretty amazing, especially since they said that is not something most guests get to experience. The show was a bit of a disappointment as it was much shorter than it used to be, due to the fact that the trainers are no longer allowed to get into the tank with the whales. I was still able to get some pretty neat shots though.

The killer whales really were mesmorizing and I always love getting to see them. Nate enjoyed seeing them a lot because it was unlike anything he had ever experienced before. We took our time walking out of the stadium and got some photos along the way.

Here we are with my mom again.

We then decided to try out the new coaster, the Manta. I was afraid the lines for the attractions would be long, but we were lucky and walked on all of them. I enjoyed the Manta, and it is pretty neat how you do the whole thing on your stomach, but I'm not super big into roller coasters. After that we went on Journey to Atlantis because it was ridiculously hot out and we needed some cooling off. For those of you who don't know, it is a log flume ride, but I think the theming and inside of it could use a lot of work. It was fun and did the trick of cooling us off, but I'd still prefer Splash Mountain any day!! We decided to ride Kraken next, another coaster. I liked this one a lot more than the Manta. The coasters at SeaWorld are pretty big, but I'd rather do a ride at Disney that is complete with theming. After the rides we decided that we would pay a visit to the manatees.

Finally it was time for what we had been looking forward to most-- the dolphin feeding. This is where we had our biggest complaint of the day. I have done the dolphin feeding at SeaWorld plenty of times before. My dad would always go up and buy a few trays of fish for the family to share to feed the dolphins. We would get to spend how ever much time with them that we pleased and feed them at our own pace. Now, they have set up a blocked off area for the feeders, and every one who want to feed is obligated to buy their own tray of fish. They then allow you to feed the dolphins for a very short time period before making you exit and allowing the next group of feeders in. It basically looked like they were trying to make as much money as possible off of what used to be a really nice experience. Nevertheless, we all bought our trays of fish and made a good time out of it.

Once you are interacting with the dolphins, it is impossible not to fall in love with them.

This was Nate's first time to touch a dolphin and he was thrilled. My dad had one that kept coming back to him that wanted to play. We really enjoyed interacting with them even though our time was cut short. Once we were done with the dolphins, we had pretty much covered the whole park, so we decided to head out. I can remember telling my mom that I had a fun time, but I was ready to get back onto Disney property lol. We made a quick stop to admire the flamingoes, picked up our "2nd day free" vouchers, and headed to our car.

-Amanda

-Walt Disney

We got back to our room to grab a snack and then planned on heading out to Epcot for a bit before our dinner reservations at Ohana. When we got into our room, we saw that our Mousekeeper had left this surprise for us!

We were surprised with many more towel creatures throughout the week. Our Mousekeeper, Marta, really made our stay more magical for us, and we excited each day to find out what would be waiting for us once we got back to our room. After a quick snack, we made our way to Epcot for the first time during the trip.

We decided to walk over towards Test Track because my dad wanted to go for a ride, but Nate got distracted when he spotted Mission: Space. He had seen clips of it from Disney specials on TV and really wanted to try it out, so Amber and I went with while my parents waited outside for us. They both get sick when they ride it. We opted for the more intense version and had a blast!! Amber and I have never really been big fans of this attraction, but we loved it!!! I think Nate's excitement about riding really got us into it. It ended up being one of Nate's favorite attractions during the whole trip, and he can't wait to get back to it when we do the CP in January. It really is a lot more intense than I remember. After our wild mission to Mars, we reunited with our parents and got in line for Test Track. It was supposed to have a 30 minute wait, and we decided to wait it out because the queue for the ride is so great. The wait really ended up being more like 20 minutes, and we kept busy looking for hidden Mickeys.
    Here is a pretty well-known one that I spotted.

We had a great ride on Test Track, it's a family favorite. When we hit the part where your car goes outdoors, Illuminations was going on and we got fantastic views of the fireworks! It was a different type of experience getting to go 60 mph in a car while fireworks are exploding over your head..it was pretty exhilarating. Lots of fun! Next we walked over to Norway for a quick ride with the Vikings. I snapped a picture of the hidden Mickey in the mural in the loading area. It was the first time I had spotted it so it was a neat find for everyone to see.

We had a fun boat ride and before we knew it, it was time to leave Epcot so we could make it to dinner. We took the bus back to POR and then took our own car to the Poly. We ended up being a bit late, but they happily seated us at Ohana and we were all excited to eat. We hadn't had a full meal all day and were famished. Our "cousin" (waiter) was fantastic and very friendly. I can't remember his name but he did a great job and all of the food was delicious! I can't believe I didn't take pictures here, I guess I was too into my food lol! I didn't taste the shrimp, but I enjoyed all of the other skewers. My favorite was the steak. For dessert we had bread pudding which was FANTASTIC. I'm getting hungry for it just writing about it!! Once we had finished up dinner we walked out to the back of the resort to take a look around. It really is a beautiful place and I would love to spend more time there in the future. We sat on the white sand beach for a few minutes and gazed at the castle, soaking up the Disney atmosphere. My dad was tired and wanted to get back to the hotel so we said goodbye to the Poly and headed back to our room for the night.
    Last edited by Thumper10; 12-02-2010 at 01:48 AM.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast