Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jennifer's Disneyland trip report in the Vacation Planning forums; Every year, for the past 5 years, my huband and I go to Disneyland for Christmastime! This is one of our FAVORITE traditions. My trip counter in my siggy is ...
    WyckedPhoenix is offline D-Ticket Holder

Jennifer's Disneyland trip report

Every year, for the past 5 years, my huband and I go to Disneyland for Christmastime! This is one of our FAVORITE traditions. My trip counter in my siggy is a little off cause we had to push our trip back one day because of Andy's (my husband) work schedule.

So we leave for Anaheim tonight! Even though we are only a few hours away the idea of getting up first thing in the morning and driving through So Cal/LA traffic is not fun. We stay at the same hotel, nothing special just the Super 8, but we really like it.

So tomorrow we will be spending a fun filled day at Disneyland as well as California Adventure. I plan on having tons of photos, I always do haha, so I'll have a lot to share when we get back.
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Fist EVER WDW trip in October 2011!
    Things about me....

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Jennifer's Disneyland trip report

YAY!!! Have fun!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Have a great time!

Thanks guys! I was such as great day.
    I'll have a more detailed trip report soon, as soon as I get my photos edited.
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Things about me....

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Can't wait to see them!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

... Me too!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

So sorry it is taking so long to get my report posted.. I was having issues with my FTP program and that is where I prefer to host my images through. It's fixed now and I am working on writing up my report. It should be us really soon!
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Things about me....

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Same here. Mine is taking forever, though it's just lack of interest. And my soggy trip to Disneyland Paris was a bit of a downer, for the most part, so I can't bring myself to write about it, even after a month and a half.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Hey all.. So sorry again that my report is still not posted. Some things came up and I just haven't had the time to work on it at all.. I promise it will get posted tonight however.. Stay tuned!
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Things about me....

Our trip started out Tuesday night after Andy (my husband) got home from work and we had some food. I had actually been spending most of the day getting everything packed and ready to go, checking my list multiple times so I don’t forget anything. Once the car was packed up we were on the road! We made really good time getting there, made it to our hotel about 10:30pm, checked in and tried to relax knowing that our alarm was going to go off at 6:45am to start our day.

Wednesday December 8, Disneyland day!

We got up that morning, quickly got dressed and headed down to get some breakfast from what they offer at the hotel. It’s nothing special, just a small continental breakfast but neither one of us can really eat much that early in the morning. We then head back to our room to finish getting ready, check out and head to the Land.

The parking structure is practically empty when we got there and we got right on to a waiting tram to head to the park entrance. There was some lines at the gate, we picked one and hopped in, waiting patiently for them to open.

An announcement was made but we couldn’t hear it cause the guy was by the center of the gates and had no microphone, it must have been good though cause people started to cheer, haha. Everyone started counting down from10 so Andy and I joined in, then the turnstiles were opened and we headed on in.

Main Street was all open and there were characters out and about in the hub. We headed straight over to the bakery to find out about the fresh made candy canes only to find out that they did not make any that day. Bummer! We then went over to get a locker to store our jackets for the day.

Once the rope was dropped we made a beeline right into Tomorrowland and straight for Space Mountain, it’s a long standing tradition to start our day there. The line was not long at all, being the first thing in the day, and the ride was awesome like always. It really puts Andy and I in the right mood to go about the rest of the day. Once off the ride we go right over to the Star Traders store so I can look for CM’s to trade pins with, there is always at least one CM with a lanyard there. On a display table right at the entrance we go through there is a bunch of Captain EO including a stuffed animal Fuzzball!! I have been looking for one for awhile now so I was really excited to see him. The CM then told me that they have had to order a lot cause they sell SOOO fast and encouraged me to get one if that was my plan, promising it was not just for the sale, haha. I believed her and bought the little guy right then.. it was a good thing I did to cause we went back that afternoon and they were all gone! So it was a quick trip back to the locker to store my new friend!

After a few pictures at the hub we headed over to Frontierland for a ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and a visit to Santa’s Raindeer. Big Thunder is a favorite of ours (okay, let me admit.. the whole park is a favorite, haha!) and seeing the raindeer is always a nice holiday bonus. On our way around the Rivers of America we stopped and grabbed a churro for Andy, haha. We walked over to New Orleans Square for a ride on the Haunted Mansion which was all decked out in the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. Andy and I actually kind of prefer HM this way but I think it’s just cause that is what we are used to considering we go every year for Christmas. As we were leaving I cause sight of a group of people and wondered what was going on.. to my surprise Jack and Sally were out doing autographs!! I was so excited cause they are usually there at Halloween time and then they are gone, this was so much of a treat for me! I ran over and the CM kindly told me that the line was closed but they would be back out in 45 minutes..

So we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean and walked around New Orleans Square for a bit. When the time came we headed back over to the spot they were at before and waited, once they came out the CM very nicely told everyone that the line would form behind me, woohoo! So I walk up with my autograph book out and a smile as big as a kid in a candy store, but I am at Dland so I don’t care, and ended up having a really fun conversation with them. Sally noticed my “potion bag” or should I say my purse and commented on the fact that it had Jack’s face on it. Jack then examined it and saw my Santa hat inside, when he asked what it was my response was “Oh, that’s my Sandy Claws hat.” to which Jack then said I must wear for the picture. Getting to meet them and get a picture was a real high point in my trip cause I had set myself to the fact that, unless we went at Halloween, I would never meet them.

At this point we walked into Adventureland to ride Indiana Jones and Jungle Cruise, we also noticed that there was getting to be quite a few people in the park, a little more than usual when we come at this time of year. No biggie, it was time for us to hop over to California Adventure anyway.

We didn’t spend to much time over at DCA this year, we rode our favorites of Soarin’ Over California, California Screamin’ and Toy Story Midway Mania. We walked around a lot cause there are tons of pin trading chances in DCA. I was hoping to ride Tower of Terror (which Andy hates!) but the line was REALLY long so we skipped out on it this time. By now we were getting pretty hungry so it was back over to Dland for some lunch at a new place for us.

We decided on River Belle Terrace for lunch that day. It was pretty much empty on the inside cause most people were eating outside, it was a beautiful day, but we liked the idea of the quiet inside. Andy had the Tennessee BBQ Pork Sandwich with beans and a pasta salad side, I had the Rosemary Turkey Breast Salad. It was really yummy! We can put this one on the list of can do again, haha.

After the nice relaxing lunch we took our time walking around the park, going on the rides we didn’t get to that morning and riding others again. Once the sun started to go down I snapped a few dusk pictures and we hit more rides. Once it was dark I took even more images, I love all the lights around the park especially at Christmastime!

We walked around New Orleans Square which I LOVE at night. I asked at the Café Orleans what the wait time was because I really wanted some beignets but decided not to go for it. As we walked around I got the thought to look over at the Mint Julep Bar and see what they offered, I was really in a sweet mood. To my surprise they offered beignets! They didn’t come with dipping sauce like at Café Orleans but that was okay with me, they were awesome nonetheless.

Once we were done with our snack it was time to head over to Main Street, go to the Blue Ribbon Bakery and get some hot cocoa for me and a hot apple cider for Andy then settle into a spot to see the fireworks. We got a great spot near the Partners statue and waited for the show. Like always the fireworks were amazing and, while we waited for some of the crowd to clear, I got a great picture of the castle!

After that I had to make a stop at a popcorn cart to get the awesome Mickey Snowman bucket, the popcorn could be enjoyed later, haha. Night is my favorite time to walk around and get some pictures of the park, so we did that for a bit before heading back to the parking structure and enduring the 2 hour drive home.

It was a great trip like always and I am so excited to do it again in 2011!
    Last edited by WyckedPhoenix; 02-09-2011 at 03:19 AM.
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Things about me....

Now on to some pictures!!

First ride of the day, Space Mountain. (Andy and I are in the back)

Disneyland at Christmastime!

Chip and Dale!

Andy and I in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle

Near Big Thunder Railroad

One of Santa's Raindeer!

Andy and I

Andy and his churro, haha!

Haunted Mansion Holiday!

Me with Jack and Sally!! (I forgot to change my settings before giving the camera to Andy... oh well, I still like it!)

New Orleans Square decorated for the holidays
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Things about me....

Andy and I at the giant Christmas tree in the hub.

Paradise Pier in DCA

Andy and I in DCA

Main Street at dusk

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

New Orleans Square at night

Haunted Mansion Holiday at night

Sleeping Beauty Castle right after the fireworks

Random night shots (in other words.. me getting my creativity out.. kind of)

The end of a REALLY great day!!

I'll post the food images over in the food thread. :0)
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Things about me....

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Fab pics. I love how they decorated the Haunted Mansion for Xmas as well