Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Whats your greatest WDW moment? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by MommytoMJM You can tease him and tell him that MJ got a private meet and greet with Pocahontas and got Tink's sig in her new autograph album! ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    You can tease him and tell him that MJ got a private meet and greet with Pocahontas and got Tink's sig in her new autograph album! (both are true!)
    Oh my goodness! How did you get Tink's autograph?!?!? That MJ is a special little girl!!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Oh my goodness! How did you get Tink's autograph?!?!? That MJ is a special little girl!!!
    Hey Melissa, read this thread...... http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=2563 the book has several autographs that I am pretty sure you can't get elsewhere, I still don't know how Angel managed it....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    when I proposed to my fiance at the Grand Floridian after getting back to our room from Victoria & Albert's, and she said yes.

But of course, that's really biased.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    awh that's really sweet!
    hmmm...i can't really pick one specific fave...i think it's just being there with my family all together and creating new memories....however, a good one is that after years of teasing i finally got my brother to go on BTMRR! he liked it so much that we rode it 2x in a row, he even put his hands up off the bar(ok, it was only for a second but i saw it)
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    When my DH proposed to me or when we got married at WDW....too hard to decide.
    Izzy

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Yes, and Pocahontas ever since the AK opened. "When are we going to see Pocahontas?" ALL the time!
    My DH keeps asking about meeting Jessica Rabbit...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Seeing the castle for the first time

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    My greatest WDW moment is everytime I pass through the entrance. My worst WDW moment is when I go through it in the opposite direction.
    They call me "Nana"

Bumping this up for our new members! Love to hear the stories!!!

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot
    I have to say there are 2 memories that are tied for the best and I just can't choose.

The first one happened in Jan. 2001. After what seemed like an eternity of planning, my sister and I finally made it to Disney for our first trip minus the parents. We had gone once a year with them, but never so much as separated from them when we were in the parks. The entire 6 days were wonderful and I have so many memories, but after that much time together we were definitely beginning to get under each others' skin. On one of our last nights there we headed over MGM to see the Osbourne Family Lights. Any lingering arguments melted away as we walked around this winter wonderland, with the snow falling, the lights twinkling, and our special 3D glasses that produced angels floating around the lights.

The second memory happened just a month ago. After years of talking about it, I finally moved down to Florida from New England. My boyfriend did not relocate with me, but did endure a very long, cramped car ride down. As a thank you I let him choose something to do in the area (Orlando) for the day, my treat. With no hesitation he picked MK. I must say I was a bit nervous because he can be rather cynical and sarcastic, gets very agitated in crowds, and doesn't love being hot (and this was FL in mid-July!). Well any concerns melted away as soon as we walked through the gates. He wore the grin of a 5 year old while on BTMRR and Space Mountain, endured Small World (with a woman behind us on her cell phone the entire time), even waited in a line an hour long so that I could ride Peter Pan. And he didn't complain once! At the end of the night we stopped to watch the fireworks and shop along Main Street. By the time we left the park the streets and stores were empty. It was such a nice surprise of a day and one I won't be forgetting any time soon.

Of course, just walking into MK, under the train tunnel (always the left one!) and coming out onto Main Street with the smell of popcorn in the morning is a memory I return to many time every day. Gotta have popcorn for breakfast when your in MK!
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    My favorite WDW memory is when I took my wife there for the 1st time.
    My wife was born in Russia (She'd hurt me if I told you when!) during the Cold War era. Her family escaped when she was a teenager.
    I asked her why she was crying when I took her the first time and she told me that she felt that she was truly an American at that very moment, even though she had lived in the U.S.A. for many years.

BTW her favorite show is, of course, The Hall of Presidents!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Pluto

I've had many great experiences at WDW, but the one that stands out the most is from 2003. My wife and I hadn't been able to make it to WDW for 10 long years for various reasons, and we finally were able to go back. Our daughter was 4 years old at the time, and we were really anticipating her first visit. In the weeks leading up to our trip, I had been bombarding her with pictures of the park, Disney movies, etc.

Our first full day, we went to MK (of course). I always looked forward to the moment when the Castle suddenly emerges behind it's cover on the walk to the ferry at the TTC. Well, we're walking to the boat, I yell out "Look, the Castle!" and the look on my daughter's face was priceless! But the best part happened a few minutes later. A ferry had just docked, and off the boat walked Pluto and Chip & Dale (in sailor outfits). There must have been 25 kids yelling for Pluto, but he walked right up to my stunned daughter and gave her a big hug! I'm lucky that I was able to video the moment through my watering eye. THIS is why we came, and will continue to come, forever!

Needless to say, the tone was set, and it's still my favorite WDW trip of all time. We'll keep trying to improve on it, however
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12