Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaime's Treehouse Tale (pre-trip right now) in the Vacation Planning forums; Chapter 50: Lights, Camera, More Lights We’re having dinner at Yak & Yeti tonight – the park closes at 6:00 and our ADR is for 5:45. A toast to Meg ...
    tiggerbell is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Jaime's Treehouse Tale (pre-trip right now)

Chapter 50: Lights, Camera, More Lights

We’re having dinner at Yak & Yeti tonight – the park closes at 6:00 and our ADR is for 5:45.

A toast to Meg with her favorite drink: Glacier Water - Blue Coconut Syrup with Sprite

I notice some of the chandeliers in the room we are sitting:

Our waitress comes over and sends me into the next room:

Awesome. Thank you.

I decided to try something completely different for today’s meal and went with the Kobe Beef Burger - 10 oz grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy sauce, mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries. topped with choice of shiitake mushroom & scallion compote or Asian slaw $17.99

I got the mushrooms. It was a great burger, but eventually the sesame-soy sauce overpowered everything and I didn’t finish it.

Oh, big shock! I’m sure no one saw this coming: Rhonda got the Crispy Honey Chicken - tempura chicken, broccoli, carrots, honey sauce $17.99

And Sandy went with the Stir-Fried Beef and Broccoli - flank steak, broccoli, brown sauce $18.49

When we left the restaurant, the doors were closed.

The park was still pretty full – I expected there to be a lot less people still in the park after closing. They were setting up for the 5K being run in the park tonight. (There really were people left in the park – I stopped and waited to take this picture)

We headed back to the PIRATE room to get ready to go out tonight. We’re going to see Bob Jackson! Sandy decides she’s wiped out and is going to stay in the room and rest. Rhonda helps her open the cot we requested first.

We get to Riverside and Rhonda orders a – I want to say that’s a mai-tai.

I get the Magical Cocktail thingie, with the glowing ice cube (my boss wants me to bring her back one, so I take one for the team!)

Robin arrives and we have a blast singing along with Bob!

We stay until he’s done – midnight – and we’re beat by the time we get back to the room. I smile as I fall asleep on my ship bed!

Last edited by tiggerbell; 09-10-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Chapter 51: Happy Mother’s Day!

Sunday, MAY 8th, 2011: Happy Mother’s Day! This makes 3 Mother’s Days in a row I’ve been on a Disney vacation. Happy Mother’s Day to me! During the day I will get a Facebook message from Steph and a text from Meg.Happy Mother’s Day to me.

We head back to Kona Café for breakfast this morning. I’m given a carnation for Mother’s Day.

I decide I really like their carpet.

And it’s Opposite Day – Rhonda orders the Big Kahuna.

WHAT???

I order the Tonga Toast, just so the world doesn’t slide off it’s axis.

When we were seated, the hostess said Jerry would be right with us. When George comes up to wait on us, I ask what he did to Jerry. George is slightly frazzled, but tells me Jerry is fine. Besides being frazzled, George is a nice man. He brings us a fresh pot and to-go cups for the coffee. Never had that done before.

Rhonda and I each get through part of our meals when we admit it was a mistake. We switch and all is right with the universe again.

That’s when I discover the carpet I like is full of Hidden Mickeys!

We catch the monorail and head to the Magic Kingdom. Yippee! Rope Drop! And a new invention – retractable confetti streamers! They throw it and then reel it back in! GENIUS!!!

We head for Dumbo, after a stop at the Fire Station – Sandy didn’t believe me when I told her it was a store (this was weeks before they announced they were closing it).

We play around the park for a while – I have a lone photo of nachos at Casey’s… but I don’t know when we ate their – must have been lunch? We have a late seating at Afternoon Tea (4:40), so it must have been lunch… They were NOT good.

We must have done a lot of repeat rides, because I don’t take the camera out the rest of the day – until tea!

Last edited by tiggerbell; 09-10-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Chapter 52: Tea with Rob and a Decision

We take the boat over to the Grand Floridian and wander the shops until it’s almost time to check in. I text Rob to see how close he is. The message I get back is “It’s fairy to park.”

Huh?

I check in at the podium to let her know we’re almost all here and it’s “fairy to park”. She cracks up and tells me to just let her know when he arrives.

Once we’re all together and seated, I order my favorite tea (not on the menu, remember?) Jamaican Spice.

Rhonda and Sandy get their favorite tea, Eros. And Rob orders his favorite tea, Diet Coke.

Rob has never done the tea – and the waitress wishes we had skipped today… we’re about to be her worst nightmare: I decide to finally try to customize the tea sandwiches.

Yes, it can be done. Normally you get 5 different sandwiches. The 5 at the time were: curried chicken, pear and gorgonzola, shrimp salad, egg salad, and cucumber and watercress. (And you go to tea too often when you can type all that without thinking or looking it up!)

I ask for 3 egg salad, shrimp salad, and a cucumber and watercress. I also ask for 2 onion tarts instead of 1 onion tart and 1 pate. I get 2 onion tarts and 1 pate.

Rhonda asks if you can get the sandwiches off the children’s menu. Yes, you can. Rhonda orders 2 tuna and 3 egg salad.

I call Rhonda’s plate the White Plate.

Sandy gets a few egg salads and so does Rob. We ordered so many egg salad sandwiches – they had to order more from the kitchen!

Rob mentions a food allergy. The waitress tells him if it’s actually an allergy vs. an aversion that a chef has to come talk to him before anything can be served. Nope, it’s actually an allergy.

So we wait. A woman in a chef hat comes from the kitchen with a platter of egg salad sandwiches – yes, we did that – and our waitress meets her. All we hear of the conversation is:

WAITRESS: mumble, mumble, mumble
    LADY IN CHEF HAT: No, I’m not actually the chef. mumble, mumble, mumble

JAIME: I’m not actually a chef, but I play one in the kitchen!

We never see a real chef and the food is served. Good luck, Rob!

Second course scones and tarts… yum.

Third course – pastries. Ever since the “currant” swan, I’ve been avoiding them. Today’s swan is wild berry. I pass. I get a chocolate mousse filled chocolate and a white chocolate covered strawberry.

Rob gets a swan and a berry cheesecake and a free extra pastry for his birthday. I have no idea what that third one is.

Since I passed on the swan, Rob has to do it. DA DUM. DA DUM. DA DUM DA DUM DA DUM DA DUM DA DUM…

It was a great tea. OH, and the decision? Well, I was supposed to come back to Disney at the beginning of September for the solo trip I keep planning and never taking… well, after Bob Jackson with Robin and tea with Rob – it’s lost it’s allure… the whole group will be in Disney the end of September/first weekend of October for a race and the beginning of Food and Wine. As much as I tell myself I prefer a less crowded time, I cannot imagine NOT being with the group! I have to change my dates – I have to name the next BIG trip: Entourageptember! It’s a real word!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

great report....cant wait to hear more!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

tlcoke is offline D-Ticket Holder

Glad you are joining us for Entourageptember . It wouldn't be the same without you there.
    Tracey

gaerielcal is offline A-Ticket holder

What did you think about the Davy Jones' show?? Are you a Monkees fan?
    Liz

Why do people always call me "Grumpy"??? I'm more like Dopey?!?!?!?!

mainegal is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by gaerielcal View Post
    What did you think about the Davy Jones' show?? Are you a Monkees fan?
    I think I would have liked to hear Davy Jones, or would I be disappointed that he has "aged"?
    I still have at least a half dozen Monkees albums. Yes, I have vinyl albums!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I just read the TR straight through. Loved it!!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

gaerielcal is offline A-Ticket holder

I think that he still sounds good after all these years...but I perfer watching all three (Mike won't tour...stupid White Out money!!). I'm a second generation fan and have all the C.D.'s AND Vinyl!!!! Still a fan even though my sisters and I were almost killed by them back in the 90's.
    Liz

Why do people always call me "Grumpy"??? I'm more like Dopey?!?!?!?!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516