Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaime's Treehouse Tale (pre-trip right now) in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi there. Most of you don’t know me (yet), so we will begin with introductions. I’m Jaime. I am 43 (wow – had to think about that one for a ...
    tiggerbell is offline E-Ticket Holder

Jaime's Treehouse Tale! UPDATED 5/24!!!

Hi there. Most of you don’t know me (yet), so we will begin with introductions. I’m Jaime.

I am 43 (wow – had to think about that one for a second), twice divorced, have 2 grown(ish) girls: Stephani, 22, lives in Seattle with her fiancé, and Meg (20), who is asleep in my basement (doesn’t matter what time you are reading this, it is probably true).

I live and breathe for 3 things: Disney, Rick Springfield, and my 2 dogs: Alice (1.5) and Aurora (8 months). (Mostly Disney and the dogs, but I do have Rick’s signature tattooed into my leg). Obviously you’re here for the first, the 2nd may occasionally appear in conversation, but be prepared for regular updates on the dogs – I spend more time with them than any other living creature (they even have their own Facebook pages!)

START HERE:
    Last edited by tiggerbell; 05-24-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: TITLE CHANGE

Re: Jaime's Treehouse Tale (pre-trip right now)

Chapter 1: My Dogs

In fact, since they aren’t “Cast”, let’s get them out of the way right now:

ALICE: Beagle; beauty; spoiled; more human than dog; loves to tear up paper and cardboard; fast (so fast, she can steal a chicken wing out of your hand before you realize she’s jumped in your lap); consumer of earrings, remote controls, stuffed animals, scrapbooking gems (poop looked like the inside of Snow White’s dwarves’ mine!). Knows sit, down, and under (that’s where she crawls under the covers to go to sleep). Loves company and goes ga-ga for our neighbors, she even knows their last name and that it applies to all 5 of them! NICKNAMES: Allie, Ali Bali, Ali Bali Puddin’ Pop, Angel.

AURORA: American Bulldog (pit bull); beast (with gorgeous eyes); huge (and still growing); has no control over where she places her paws or head; loves fetch and gets so happy while playing it, she ends up bouncing to the ball/rope instead of running to it; definitely a dog; shelter dog (we literally saved her life: she was brought home on the Thursday before Christmas and got deathly ill that night, turned out the shelter hadn’t tested her for Parvovirus and that’s what she had, we nursed her through it, if we hadn’t picked her up that day, the shelter would have put her down when they discovered the illness); destroyer of toys and digger of holes… big holes, big deep holes, we have to work on that…; gentlest dog ever, I can take something out of her mouth and I can’t do that with the beagle! NICKNAMES: Rori, Rori Bori, Baby, Beast, Big Bertha.

I am guaranteeing you dog stories will be mixed in to the trip report – I missed Alice so much on my last trip, I was going up to people with dogs at rest stops and asking to pet their dogs!

So, on with this report – my sister, Rhonda, (more on her in a minute) and I pooled our DVC points and rented a Treehouse Villa for a week. We are traveling with 2 of our good friends, Sandy and Cheryl. We are driving from Illinois, stopping in Georgia for the night, and staying 3 nights at All Star Sports after the week in the tree. House, that is.

Last edited by tiggerbell; 03-11-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Chapter 2: The Cast

JAIME: (me)

(Ha! My tattoo is showing!)

I’ve given you most of the basics… let’s see, this is my 29th trip to Disneyworld. My favorite ride is Soarin’. I am a Ride Weenie and do not like Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Mission: SPACE, Star Tours, or Splash Mountain (but I’ve done them all – mostly with a little help from the Valium I’m supposed to just use to fly in a plane - the photo above illustrates that fact). My goal is to stay at every resort on property. That’s why I had to buy into DVC. Seriously. I also think Disney builds new hotels now just to mess with me.

Why do I suddenly feel way off topic here? Let’s see – EPCOT is my favorite park; my favorite characters used to be Tigger and Tinkerbell (hence the screen name) but now it’s Captain Jack; I adore the new Caramel Kitchen in Germany to the point of distraction; and I like to get rooms with balconies so I can sit outside with my morning coffee.

RHONDA: One of my older sisters.

She’s the person who took me to Disney every couple of years as a child and started my obsession. She has been to Disney over 40 times. Her dream was (and still is) to retire to Florida and clean up horse poop on Main Street. This should have happened in 2009, and then the economy crashed. And we’re still making annual trips to Disney. (Okay, I make many annual trips…)

Her favorite character is Mickey Mouse. Favorite food is Tonga Toast.

SANDY: Used to work with Rhonda.

This is the 4th trip we’ve taken together to Disney. Sandy always asks that we tour the Wedding Chapel at the Grand Floridian every trip. Sandy and I are both morning people, we’re both usually ready to go to a park before anyone else is out of bed.

CHERYL: We graduated high school together 25 years ago.

She has bad vertigo when it comes to rides and rides Soarin’ in the bottom row with her eyes closed. She loves that I love to plan and tells people about how great our trips are, where she just has to follow along.

Last edited by tiggerbell; 03-12-2011 at 07:44 AM.

tlcoke is offline D-Ticket Holder

Yay!! A Jamie Trip Report!!!
    Can't wait to follow along!!
    Tracey

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

What a grand photo from Star Tours!! And such fun people you are with!
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald ½ Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess ½ Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland ½ Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine ½ Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald ½ Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell ½ Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

robind is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
    What a grand photo from Star Tours!! And such fun people you are with!
    Yeah especially that chick at the end of the row.

Renysmom is offline Fastpass Holder

Yea Jaime is reporting again..

For those who have never read a Jamie report, pull up a chair and enjoy. There are none like them!

Can't wait to read more!

BTW - Great pics of the pups! Cute as ever
    Kelly

Dec 2005 - Off Site ~ Dec 2006 - Off site ~ Dec 2007 - CSR ~ March 2008 - SSR ~ Oct 2008 Wonder Cruise and SSR ~ Oct. 2009 - Magic 7 Day Western ~ Dec 2009- SSR ~ July 2010 - Off site ~ Dec 2010 Wonder Cruise and S/D
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Still to Come - Sept./Oct 2011 Dream Cruise and F/W with Friends, Oct 2012 - 7 Day Eastern on the Fantasy

natale is offline A-Ticket holder

VERY Cool!!! Can't wait!

gaerielcal is offline A-Ticket holder

Yippeee!! I've been waiting to sub to a new report!!
    Liz

Why do people always call me "Grumpy"??? I'm more like Dopey?!?!?!?!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looking forward to more.

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

Woo Hoo!! I already made a picture in a Jaime Trip report!!

ummmm that picture is a bit tame of you you on Valium. I have the pictures to prove it...
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

A.Mickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Yay! I am here too!

I have to say Aurora is the sweetest dog ever!! She is 60ish lbs now...and last weekend my 3 year old son was over at Jaime's and the cute "little" BIG dog thought she could just sit right in Aaron's lap (who is 40 lbs). Aurora was so gentle with Aaron and always wanted to be right next to him.

I can't wait to read more, your description of Alice had me laughing out loud!!
    ~Shanan

debrights is offline A-Ticket holder

oh definitely subbing now

Chapter 3: The Plan

HAVE I MENTIONED THE TREEHOUSE??????? I am so excited about this I can barely breathe! Wait, maybe that’s my asthma… huh…

In late 2008, I made a Rule for myself (I feel all Rules should be capitalized). The Rule was –

NEVER MISS ANOTHER FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW.

(I also feel Rules should be bolded and centered) And I haven’t missed one since. So I talked Rhonda into pooling DVC points and getting a treehouse. Sandy and Cheryl came up with a list of places they wanted to eat at whenever our next trip was (in the car, on the drive home from the last trip!) I made the ADRs and color-coded schedule. Voila! We’re ready to go. In 49 days. Arg.

So, the Plan. Well, you have to realize how we build a trip. We start with where to stay. Preferably some place new. CHECK! Then we decide where to eat: Via Napoli, Beaches ‘n Cream, The Plaza, Afternoon Teas, Yak & Yeti, Kona Café. CHECK! Then I take the park hours and recommendations from a couple of different websites (both have the word “tour” in their name) and MASH it all together into a Plan at the 180 day mark. This then gets changed 3 or 4 times in the upcoming weeks. Then I declare it perfect, we have a planning meeting, and I change everything again.

The planning meeting is tomorrow. So what you are about to read may not live through the weekend…

Sunday, 5/1: EPCOT / Paul Revere and the Raiders / Via Napoli

Monday, 5/2: DHS / Beaches ‘n Cream

Tuesday, 5/3: MK / afternoon tea

Wednesday, 5/4: Downtown Disney / Wolfgang Puck Express / MK / The Plaza

Thursday, 5/5: Laundry / Pool / Downtown Disney / Kona Café (dinner) / Wishes from beach

Friday, 5/6: Kona Café (breakfast) / EPCOT / Davy Jones / EMH until midnight

Saturday, 5/7: Transfer to AS Sports / :ak: AK / Yak & Yeti / Bob Jackson

Sunday, 5/8: Kona Café / MK / afternoon tea / MK

Monday, 5/9: EPCOT

That’s the Reader’s Digest version. Most breakfasts will be at the treehouse – I hate cooking at home, but don’t mind on vacation (I do lots of things backwards – I don’t normally wear make-up as an everyday thing, but on vacation…)

Anyway, I am expecting a relaxing, slow paced vacation… who knows what I’ll get???

Last edited by tiggerbell; 03-22-2011 at 12:33 PM.

OKW Lover is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yay! Another trip report from Jaime! Always good reading.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast