Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Eeyore79's Pre-Trip Countdown/Report in the Vacation Planning forums; chrissy, so awesome your trip is coming soon too!!! I am so excited...now to countdown! ya i am prob gonna order like 3 shirts off the disney store site that ...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: Eeyore79's Pre-Trip Countdown/Report

chrissy, so awesome your trip is coming soon too!!!

I am so excited...now to countdown!

ya i am prob gonna order like 3 shirts off the disney store site that i really like, then take a couple others i have already here, like normal shirts. lol i have to find a pair or khaki pants, so sometime soon i am gonna get those somewhere. i have a pair of jean capris, then a pair of jeans, and i think i will be ok. i have to get a pair of sandals from the sketchers store, and a pair of sandals for kay, then we should be ok. i am gonna make a list this weekend and mark off as i go what i have or need. gotta scour the message boards to to make sure i dont miss any helpful tips or tricks.

ya i have to buy kay her uniform soon too for kindergarten...so that will be fun. and slightly expensive. private catholic school...will be ok though. i cant believe she is startin kindergarten! ohh and yesterday she lost her 1st tooth...and you can see the new one coming in!! she isnt even 5 yet!!! my baby growing up!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

woo hoo!!! on the tooth.. bug is dying to lose one.. she is going on 6 and starting the 2nd grade and not even one is wiggly...lol

i seen today this one place had the sketchers fitflops 50% off the already marked down tag
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Luvin the pre-trip report and the pcis from the disney shop.

44 days!!!

Ordered a My 1st Duffy Bear for Kay last week with my Disney Movie Rewards, and it arrived yesterday!! I will post pic of it this weekend. Gonna save that and give it to her when we are on our trip.

I also went today to WalMart and took a whole bunch of the paint sample strips...so I can cut them up into Mickey Heads to decorate our room window with! I saw that idea on the DisBoards and figured I would try it! Gonna look for some window clings too maybe with different characters?

Anyone else have any ideas for decorating the window/door?

i used window clings and paper ghosts that i found. when i go this time i'm taking window clings and a light up mickey sign i have.. all halloween stuff of course in honor of the first MNSSHP

I love Fall

oh and like i said i had a magnet sign made i hung on my door and a banner that said happy halloween.. well the banner no one took it.. but my magnet sign someone stole..or they took it off the door i dont know??? but its sad someone took it
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

40 days!!

I feel like I should have stuff to do, but everything is done as far as planning everything. Just working on figuring out how I am going to decorate our window/door in our resort. I bought a Tinkerbell shirt from WalMart yesterday for $9! There is an Eeyore one too, I may go back and get that. I think I may only order 1 shirt from DisneyStore.com, or maybe just wait til we get down there and check out the Disney warehouse store when we arrive?

i usually buy a bunch of stuff before i go.. and thats crazy.. so this year i'm going to wait and buy my disney stuff in disney
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

one word for this awesome !!!!!!
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Hello my friends!! Here is a new update with what is going on with my trip planning!! Today is 34 days!!

Since everything is booked and paid for and ready to go, I have been in decorating/extras mode lately. Been looking around at the stores for cheap small surprises I could take with for DD4 for each day as a present from Tinkerbell or Mickey. A lot of the dollar stuff we already have, so I haven't really picked up anything new. I really want to try to get a few Disney trading pins of of Ebay before we go, not many, maybe 10 or so, since I don' know how she will like the pin trading. I never really traded my pins when I started 10 years ago, I usually looked for ones I wanted to keep. If I can find a good deal, maybe both of us will try some trading!

So a few weeks ago, I was checking out my Disney Movie Rewards page and had seen something about a "My 1st Duffy" being a new reward! I had been thinking of buying DD4 a Duffy when we got to Epcot, but I figured if I could get it for "free" and use it as a surprise when we arrived down, that would be even better!! He was 1050 points, but he is soo cute!! I think he looks smaller than the one you can buy on property...but his tag says $25! So, we will see. Either way, he will be a great birthday surprise!!

I had been reading lately on the DisBoards for some ideas on how to decorate room windows at the resorts, and I came across this thread about using "Mickey heads" from Home Depot.

Countdown Calendar using Mickey head paint samples.. - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

I thought it was such a neat idea! Home depot carries these "Disney Color by Behr" paint chip samples

and there were so many ideas on how to use them. I decided I would grab some sample chips and see what I could come up with. First I went with Kayla and told her we needed lots of Mickeys to do a craft project. So, it was exciting choosing different colors, and making sure we had "enough".

I wanted to start by doing a countdown calender, so I needed about 40 for sure (and a few extras just in case)

I had bought a half a sheet of white posterboard from Micheal's for like 40 cents, and a couple Disney stickers and a wooden castle that looked very "familiar" (less than $4 total)! When we got home we got to work on the countdown calender...and here is how it turned out!

I also had cut up some of my Disney planning brochures and added some random other pictures around. I think it came out pretty cool. I am marking off each ear with a checkmark!

I also bought some pink tinsel lei's from Dollar Store, and I am thinking I am going to use those to hang down from the window, with some of the Mickey heads added. I bought a pack of suction cups for the window display from Dollar Tree, since you can't use any tape or anything that will mess up the windows! I probably will go back and get another set of tinsel lei's in a different color too. I am thinking I am going to change up the windows 2-3 times while we are down there: princess theme with a lot of PINK, a Phineas and Ferb display, and maybe the fab 5! We are going to take along a few of our beanies and DD4s small Princess/Fab 5 toys, and put them in the windows too. I think I am getting more excited about decorating the window than the actual trip!! JK....

I am on the lookout for window clings with the Princess, Mickey and friends, and P & F! Usually the Dollar Store carries them, but so far this summer I haven't seen anything. I have checked around at Dollar General, Family Dollar, Kmart, Walmart...no one has any clings?! If anyone has seen any, please let me know! I am going to try to get out to Hobby Lobby this weekend and check there.

34 days...
    Last edited by eeyore79; 07-12-2011 at 03:57 PM.

25 days!!! eeks!! It's coming soo quick now!!

I bought myself that eeyore shirt from WalMart for $9...so I have that and my Tinkerbell one now, guess I will take a couple of my "normal" shirts too and try to find some down in WDW!

I just figured out how to get Disney music on my Ipod from CDs....so I am going to load up the next few weeks!! yippie!! My library is going to love me!!

Working on our window decorations this weekend, I finally found a hole puncher to use with my Mickey heads and garland...when I finish I will post pics.

Still can't find any Disney window clings...since I never made it last week to Hobby Lobby, I am going to try again this weekend when we are out that way, and maybe Meiyer? If anyone knows of anyplaces let me know.

I fell in love with the scrapbooking/sticker section at Michael's the other day....I am going to go broke!!! There are these cool stickers with Mickey and all the main atractions at MK like Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, IASW...I'm in love!!

TTFN!!

Minnie24 is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow..love the countdown board..so creative! Your trip is coming up soon..can't wait to read your report..have fun!

thanks Minnie!! I am so excited...19 days!! I'm going to pack this weekend, yes, I know I'm nuts. My mom LOL'd at me earlier too when I told her that.

I just wanna make sure we have everything that we need.

Glad you are enjoying my pre-trip report!! I know I said I would update a few days ago but me and my daughter are not feeling too good the past few days, so I haven't been online too much. Stay tuned though..definatly posting this weekend!!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Have an awesome trip!! I just read your report from the beginning and noticed that we are neighbors! I'm in NW Indiana about 15 minutes from the Illinois border...and I love visiting the Chicago Disney store too..I was just there this past weekend AND we share birthdays..I only wish I could be spending mine in the happiest place on earth too!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

the disney window clings i found were at the family dollar around holidays.

i have halloween, valentines, easter, christmas

thats the only time i have seen them

i love all you lil crafts and window deco.. i'm next inline to start the crazy packing
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

16 days!!

Eeks!! It's coming tooo quickly now. I am so excited and nervous. I know everything is planned out well and I have nothing to worry about. It must just be the pre-trip jitters. I'm just hoping too that we all have a fun, great time...which I know we will. I am going to work on a "touring plan" over the weekend for each day we are there. Nothing too structured, just a somewhat loose idea of what to do and when. Of course our ADRs are what we have to plan around, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I am actually hoping in the back of my heart that we get chosen to be the family that gets to either open the park or be Grand Marshalls in a parade...that would be soo cool. Especially if something happened on me and Kay's birthday! Here's hoping for some pixie dust! And if not, well, we will have tons more magical memories I know. (But one can only hope, right?)

So, tonight we went to this popular fest about 15 minutes away in Whiting, Indiana called Pierogi Fest.
    Whiting Indiana's Pierogi Festival

It is a 3 day festival that celebrates the Polish heritage and food! Although I am not myself Polish, I have Italian background and Eastern European, I have grown up in a Polish community and my step-father is Polish, so I have come to know about a few things. LOL The main draw of the fest is it's namesake...Pierogi. For those of you that don't know what it is (and I actually overheard someone ask their friend what it was): Pierogi are boiled, baked or fried dumplings of unleavened dough traditionally stuffed with potato filling, sauerkraut, ground meat, cheese, or fruit. They are yummy!! We had bought a dozen of them for $10...and we got cheese, meat, and potato. I wanted to try a fruit one, but we never did.

Well we were joined tonight by a few familar Disney friends....Woody and Jessie. (earlier today we had finally found Jessie at WalMart she was the last one and Kay had been asking for her). I wanted to also see how many similarities I could find between the Fest and Disney, and I was actually surprised with how much I saw!

I took a lot of pictures, so sit back and relax!! And keep an eye our for a familar friend or two....

So, we arrived at the parking lot and waited for our bus to take us to the fest. Jessie and Woody were excited!!

When we got to the fest, we were hungry so we looked around for the best deal. We finally found some and bought 1 dozen for $10. I am sorry I didn't take a picture of them, I know, I should know to take pictures of food for trip reports. I promise I will for my trip!

We walked back down the VERY CROWDED street and found a nice spot between 2 booths (National Guard and snow cones). Kinda reminded me of having to stake out a good spot for the 3pm parade! (3:30pm parade now? Gotta see what time they will be running when we are there!) By this time Jessie and Woody had gotten a little nervous of the crowds so they were hiding out in my purse until the parade started.

Once the parade started we were all excited to see the funny and charming "hometown" style parade. We laughed at the uniquely dressed performers and handwriten signs.

I was surprised when we saw...and he was joined by many of his "cousins"!

This guy had a great Mickey Mouse shirt on....

I was kind of worried that the Vickings were so far from the Norway pavilion...But he was hanging out with...
    Pirates!! Arrg!!

And typical of any parade...gotta get your "Official" souviners!!

I was so excited to see some Palm trees!!

Of course the "Mickey Mouse" of the Pierogi Fest....Mr. Pierogi!!

The parade was about 30 minutes, they went down a long route, I would say at least a mile long, we were at about the 3/4 point. They did throw out some candy and plastic bracelets to the kids. I only hope Kay doesn't expect that to happen at WDW!!

We saw these guys and it reminded me of the ones that are sold in Epcot's World Showcase...

Caught a glimpse of these great oldies like the ones that used to be on Main Street USA...didn't try them out though...

Although it's not Cinderella's horse...she still had fun!!

Here's me and Kay after the parade ended. Love our shirts??

I hope you enjoyed our trip tonight. I figured it was good practice for our trip. Getting used to being in large crowds in humid weather and watching a parade!! We all had a great time, and I remarked to my mom on our way home..."watch, I won't complain about the crowds when we are at WDW". She thinks I will, I told her I bet I won't cause I'll be enjoying the Disney magic!! There's something different anyways with thousands of people down Main Street USA versus thousands of people down a "main street" in Whiting, IN! I loved too that Kay asked about the bus, "Mommy, will we take a bus in Disney?" "Yes Kay we will" "Ya, will they be a school bus like this"? "No baby, they will be much nicer and with Mickey on the side" "Ya!!" She is getting very curious about the trip and how things will be because she is asking me more and more each day about things. I showed her a few YouTube videos the other day about the Parks, and she got soo excited.

16 days, 22 hours....(Love my Disney Vacation Connection)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast