Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report! in the Vacation Planning forums; awesome awesome!!!...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report!

awesome awesome!!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    awesome awesome!!!
    I know Can't wait now have to try decide what way I want to get the other park tickets as well. I'm thinking a 6 or 7 day disney hopper will do us and then either 1 or 2 day Universal.. Will see.

i had a 5 day ticket.. but since our plane takes off at like 7:30am on friday. i seen no use for a 5 day.. and i changed it to 4 days.. and were doing a 1 day 2 park ticket at universals
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

i had a 5 day ticket.. but since our plane takes off at like 7:30am on friday. i seen no use for a 5 day.. and i changed it to 4 days.. and were doing a 1 day 2 park ticket at universals
    I haven't decided what way I want to do Universal yet. I want to see the Grinchmas stuff and the Macy's Parade and someone told me to go to Grinchmas first and then go to Universal side for Macy's and you would get it done in one day. It depends on when it starts really cos we would have space to do each park seperately but then if their Xmas stuff doesn't start until the 4th or 5th of December then we'll have to do it on one day.

so not that I'm counting or anything of the sort but 200 DAYS TIL I GO TO MICKEY'S HOUSE!

Waiting impatiently for 180 to come (there's only 8 days left) then I can start booking ADR's going to book some to have them and then try talk the other traveller into going to them!

I contacted the first hotel though and they have a shuttle bus to and from the disney parks that costs 7 dollars I knew this already but they said we're not allowed use this the day we're moving to the disney hotel because we're not allowed bring luggage on the bus! Bummer muchly!

oh no.. but hopefully a taxi wont be too much
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

oh no.. but hopefully a taxi wont be too much
    It was 35 ish dollars the last time depending how nice the taxi drivers were.

One hundred and eighty something days left.. I know I can start making adr's on sunday...

So today I went shopping in Dublin to look for a dress and costume for an awards weekend I will be going to next month. I was at a point where I was getting very grumpy, hot, disappointed and tired because I was having no luck finding either a dress or a costume when I went around the corner to see this:

and I quite literally went I do believe it's the first Disney Store to be open in Ireland and I found out later that it was only opened on the 18th of May. I had no idea but after my OMG!!! reaction I ran straight across the street pretty much doing this and was probably more excited than all the children in there!! Of course the grumpy/tired mood was totally forgotten and I took loads of pics to share with you guys.
    First the Princess room:

Princess Throne:

Princess Mirror:

Next General Merchandise and decorations:

This appeared to be painted on one wall:

There was trees all around the shop with thing projected onto them. See this one has birds and squirrels on it although it's a little hard to see in the phone pic:

I've also just spotted a hidden Mickey on the tree!!!
    The windows had silouettes of various Disney characters:

and there was random cute little signs around like these:

more to come...

There was alot of Irish merchandise like notebooks, pens, t-shirts, magnets, keyrings and characters....pics:

That last pic is the magnet design and actually has Dublin written underneath but I cut that off when cropping the pic. There was also one with Mickey Mouse on it and there was a t-shirt with that design as well.
    Then I spotted these dudes:

and since I was planning on getting one in Florida anyway just because I think they're kind of cute I got one in this box:

because I like the possible designs and I was hoping for the one that looked like Marie:

So opened it up and my first ever Vinylmation is:

The chaser!!!... Does this mean it's more rare than the others? It says Pink elephants on Parade on it's feet.
    Anyways I figured I was being lucky with them after getting the chaser so I decided to get another one... I still wanted the Marie one as well.. so opened another one and what did I get:

IT'S MARIE!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
    After that I left because I would have spent to much money otherwise. I wanted one of everything. :rotfl:
    I did notice prices though. They pretty much had the same characters there as the Disney store in Florida Mall had last year and we got two character plushies for 25 dollars there last year well over here the same characters are 26-28 euro each which would be approx 36-39 dollars. Mickey Mouse was 28 euro and I seem to remember a nicer quailty Mickey Mouse in the parks for 18 dollars last year so I think I'll wait for the parks to buy the rest of my disney stuff lol!
    Lotso was there though and he did smell like strawberrys in a sickly sweet way but he was approx 45 dollars so I hope I can get him cheaper in Florida.
    Vinylmations were approx 14 dollars each here but I wanted to buy something out of first Irish disney store so that's what I got.. plus the magnet and a Nala pin trading badge

Leaving Dublin I saw this really cute preschool as well. I thought it was cool the way it was painted so here's a little extra random pic:

very cool..maybe one day i will be able to visit and you can give me a tour.. i wanna go over seas so bad!!! but i always end up in disney...lol
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

no probs! I kinda becoming the same now. Mam is like where do you want to go this year and I'm like DISNEY WORLD!!! she's stopped asking now lol

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I wish we still had a Disney Store None left in Australia
    We're spending just under 2 weeks at WDW, for the same reason. We lose a day or two just getting there!
    Hope you have a fabulous trip!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

TBH after my excitement I was wondering how long it will last. I really hope it stays open forevermore in Ireland but I also really can't see that happening cos after the initial excitement I can see it being like build a bear and not getting that much business except at weekends when kids are out of school. Unless they do something like having your birthday party there cos I did notice a group of kids at what seemed to be a communion party there yesterday.

I checked the calendar btw it's 183 days to Disney

oh and I got my first pin trading badges to trade today in the post. Got a lucky dip of badges and want to keep more than half of them so I have a definately swap pile and a maybe swap but only if you find something nicer pile

Also got Cinderella carraige pearl holders cos I want to do pick a pearl in Japan this year
    Last edited by petals3485; 05-25-2011 at 09:15 PM.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

that's awesome that you have a disney store now to get your "fix" lol thats a nice store though...im gonna go check out the "new" one in downtown chicago i think this weekend. its not new, but i havent been there yet. i love all the green irish disney merch in your store...but it does seem a little overpriced.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast