Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by eeyore79 that's awesome that you have a disney store now to get your "fix" lol thats a nice store though...im gonna go check out the "new" one ...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    that's awesome that you have a disney store now to get your "fix" lol thats a nice store though...im gonna go check out the "new" one in downtown chicago i think this weekend. its not new, but i havent been there yet. i love all the green irish disney merch in your store...but it does seem a little overpriced.
    yeah the Irish plushies are 30 euro so that'd be over 40 dollars.. I really want the Irish Minnie though

I think as well this week proved that disney is my therapy I was in such a bad mood on Tuesday from tiredness and whatever else and when I saw that bad mood was forgotten and again to I was in a horrible humour all day and then found out that my friend has got a job in Disneyland Paris now and that totally lifted my mood again....
    Excuse to visit Paris in next six months Have to figure out how many days hols I have left to take haha!
    Last edited by petals3485; 05-30-2011 at 08:59 PM.

So update update update.. From Sunday just past I was able to make ADR's we're not big on the ADR'S cos mommy thinks they're a waste of money so not sure if we're keeping them but hopefully we will!

So I booked the first one for day 2 of our trip in Tusker House for breakfast with Donald I do not remember what time we got there last year as we have to get bus to Epcot and then bus to Animal Kingdom from there so I booked a late breakfast for 10.05 in Tusker House and hoping we get their by then.

I have flashback type pics to share as well..From 2005 I think Bambi was being re-released so this was just at the entrance to the park:

Also up until last year we didn't really stop for character photos as they take up so much time but I would get pics from the side if I could so have these:

The characters were outside the gates of the park that year.

then today i booked lunch in Crystal Palace for day 3 of our trip although I might change that if we decide we can make rope drop at the Kingdom on our last day. Will see.
    more retro pics these are from 1995:

Toontown was Mickey's Starland then and had a load of mini shops:

you couldn't go into any of them but they were cute. There was also a show in Mickey's starland called the starland show and had loads of characters in it:

we did character pics that year and this is possibly one of the rare characters we saw:

I think the night time parade was Spectro Magic:

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

oh my i love all the old pics !!!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

thank you

I have more
    Day 5 of our trip is going to be Epcot. (I know I skipped Day 4 that's prob going to be shopping/mass day)
    I booked for Garden Grill today and I rang the dining number as it gives the impression on the WDW site that Candlelight processional can be booked now. It can't and they don't have a date for when that will happen. They said it will just happen one day! But they did say I can just add Candlelight dinner package to my existing reservation when the time comes. I might try get earlier booking though when I can do Candlelight package because I was only able to get Garden Grill for 5.55 and would like it earlier.

Can anyone tell me more about Soarin and Ellen's Energy adventure though are they a rollercoaster type thing or what?

Now for the retro stuff:

I couldn't find any pics of the park but I have pics of the plushies from 1995

haven't been here for a while so a few updates for yee.. I was back at the disney shop ( looking for more excuses to go back )
    Anyways I found this little fella:

It's an Irish Vinylmation and naturally he came home with me
    Then while waiting for my friend to go dentist I was looking at bag from disney shop which is a load of squares of what looks like different disney comics. I noticed this one in particular as it looks like Mickey Mouse is now condoning shop lifting!

I also found some pretty cute and cheap disney t-shirts. I have loads already but hey you can never have enough disney t-shirts right?
    Piccies

Also in the disney shop I got a new friend again really shouldn't have because I've tonnes of plushies already but she was to cute to leave behind :littleangel:

on the schedule front :
    Day 6 is possibly going to be Hollywood Studios. I didn't book any ADR's for this day because I want to try Pizza Planet.
    Retro pics:
    From 1995:

From 2005:

That was the last time we were there before they changed the name to Hollywood Studios but it will always be called MGM to me

We never seem to be able to make WTP character lines in this park
    Day 7 will be rest/shopping day. We might take a little adventure to Florida Mall.

puggymom is offline A-Ticket holder

I finally got to go at the Holidays in 2009 and it is so worth it.

That's great that you get to end the year this way.

Make sure to visit the resorts for all their Holiday decorations. The Epcot resorts and Monorail resorts have the best decorations (IMHO)

It's so fun to see the "snow" on Main Street during MVMCP.

I think it's Steve Soares site that will have the different Santa country times. From what I remember the Santa storytelling times aren't detailed anywhere, so if you want to plan to see them all make sure you download the times from Steve's site. I loved hearing all the different Holiday traditions at each country. (Norway and Canada were my favorites)

Quote Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
    I finally got to go at the Holidays in 2009 and it is so worth it.

That's great that you get to end the year this way.

Make sure to visit the resorts for all their Holiday decorations. The Epcot resorts and Monorail resorts have the best decorations (IMHO)

It's so fun to see the "snow" on Main Street during MVMCP.

I think it's Steve Soares site that will have the different Santa country times. From what I remember the Santa storytelling times aren't detailed anywhere, so if you want to plan to see them all make sure you download the times from Steve's site. I loved hearing all the different Holiday traditions at each country. (Norway and Canada were my favorites)
    Thanks for the tip on the santa storytelling. I will look it up!

I have two days I think that aren't fixed but are down as disney days so might resort hop those days if Mommy is up for it. There's so many places I want to see though

I cannot wait to get to Florida again.

So last week I took a little trip to the South of Ireland to a place called Killarney. It was for a musical society awards weekend but we didn't really leave the hotel much this year So since I was there last year as well and since we actually left the hotel last year at one point to go on horse and cart around the lakes thought I'd share some of those pics so you can all see a little of Killarney:

Now the better stuff...
    So as I said about the weekend was for Musical Society awards weekend and the society I am involved in were actually nominated for three and a half awards (the half is cos one of our members was nominated with a different society)
    The Friday night was a fancy dress theme of Once upon a fairytale. I went in very much meh but that feeling soon changed to when I walked through the door and the first thing I saw was Ariel on the big screen then this:

There was a castle on the stage and the centre piece on the table to mark what society you were was this:

It had a flag attached to say what society and it may have fallen into my bag and come home with me
    The big screen had a slide show which was 90% pics of disney princesses with some others thrown in. Some of my favourites:

I loved how they made Tinkerbell a pixie dust princess!
    There was also a small display of things other societies made for a competition. This one was my favourite for obvious reasons and I do believe it won as well!

Saturday we had an indoor BBQ because it was raining. There was alot of games at that so it was fun. Can't share those pics with you unless you're on facebook as they don't want them all over internet. I did take pics of the view from my bedroom window though because there was two pretty horseys outside:

Saturday night then was banquet and the awards. Well again went from meh towhen the intro music for awards started and it was the music from the Dream along with Mickey show. The join the party a castle party song! Loved it! Oh yeah and our society won two and a half awards lol (the guy nominated for a different show and different society won! hence the half again.)
    The Sunday morning before we left I spotted this in the bathroom and thought it was to cute/funny not to take a pic of:

All in all fun weekend which i think was greatly improved for me with the added touches of disney because it really did help lift my mood alot not that I wouldn't have enjoyed it without them but the disney touches helped alot!

Then during last week it was my Mommy's birthday so I made her a small party to give her her prezzies before her weekend got to busy. Her cake:

So back to the possible schedule. Day 8 is at the moment open until Universal release their Christmas details. So depending what time their christmas stuff is it'll either be one of Universal parks or if I think we can do all Universal stuff we want including Xmas stuff in one day we'll use this day to finish Epcot/introduce oursleves to Boardwalk as we've never been and I don't expect to get Epcot done in one day when we've never seen it properly.
    Day 9 is going to be Discovery Cove Went there in 2005 and it was amazing and since I heard they're opening a new section to the park thought it was a good time to go back
    Day 10 will prob be Seaworld. According to their website they are open until 11 that night.. Should be enough time to soak in their Xmas stuff
    I do have retro pics of this park:
    in 1995
    they had these things to pose by

The had horseys! Last time I was disappointed to find the horses were gone

and I fell in love with Shamu:

in 2005 I only have two quick pics I could find:

I love the dolphins although I don't like the new Dolphin show as much as the old one they had!
    and Manatees.

It's kind of tradition for me to get my pic taken beside Manatee statue every time we go there

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

love all the pics.. that place you were at looks like a scene out of a movie. it makes me wish i would vacation somewhere else other than disney.. because i would love to see Ireland.. brents grandfathers family is descended from Ireland and his grandmothers family is Cherokee Indians.. so he has a awful temper...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    love all the pics.. that place you were at looks like a scene out of a movie. it makes me wish i would vacation somewhere else other than disney.. because i would love to see Ireland.. brents grandfathers family is descended from Ireland and his grandmothers family is Cherokee Indians.. so he has a awful temper...lol
    Ireland has some very pretty scenery and is quite nice if the weather wasn't so wet and cold 99% of the time...
    Other problem is it's not close enough to Mickey Mouse Although one of my friends was recently in my bedroom and is wondering why I bother going to Florida when Disney World is in my room (I may have to many plushies and pins and now vinylmations are joining that )

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I love the old photos and Ireland looks so pretty.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I love the old photos and Ireland looks so pretty.
    Thanks. I'm glad we went on the horse and cart last year. This year we didn't leave the hotel and it was a nice change on the horse and cart last year!

on the schedule front: Day 11 will be rest day/shopping in whatever outlet we haven't been to yet/possibly mass as well as it's Sunday.

So Day 12 will be Universal day. Either one or both parks again depends on their timetable of Xmas events
    I forgot to post the retro Universal pics the last day I mentioned it.
    These are from 2005:
    Scooby Doo randomly walking around

Day 13 we're moving to POP. I booked Chef Mickey's for brekkie at 10:45am and then we have MVMCP that evening so I figure we'll either explore POP for a bit or head to Downtown disney for a while.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast