Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Are you going to do the Harry Potter area?? Its amazing. I loved the fact that the characters at universal wondered and there was never long lines ( I was ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report!

Are you going to do the Harry Potter area?? Its amazing. I loved the fact that the characters at universal wondered and there was never long lines ( I was there the 17th-19th)
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

see went to hp world last year.. but how could you go and not head right over to hp world
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Are you going to do the Harry Potter area?? Its amazing. I loved the fact that the characters at universal wondered and there was never long lines ( I was there the 17th-19th)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    see went to hp world last year.. but how could you go and not head right over to hp world
    I so am going to WWOHP again lol!

We're not big thrill ride people so for Universal and IOA we want to browse Hogsmeade again, see Grinchmass stuff, Ride E.T. and see Macy's Parade... can all that be done in one day?

Oh I booked my tickets for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 today as well
    Last edited by petals3485; 07-03-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Finishing the schedule or possible schedule up
    Day 14 I've left totally open at the moment. It will be disney day and our last full day and since we can't end with our traditional Magic Kingdom ending of Wishes because there's a MVMCP on that night I figure today will be spent catching up on things we missed in all the parks.
    We might try get up to see our first rope drop at MK although I doubt it since we'll be at the Christmas party the night before but I booked Crystal palace for breakfast at 9.15 however i'll either cancel that or cancel the lunch I've already booked there when we decide whether we think we'll make rope drop!
    We might possibly explore disney property a bit more and then if the water pagent is on I want to try see that as we've never seen that either.

then I have no idea how we managed it but it works out as 15 days in total...(although we time differences that makes 16) so day 15 will be our last day on U.S. soil but our flight isn't until that evening. So we will prob explore POP and downtown Disney a bit more depending on what time we have to get Magical Express and it will be our first trip on Magical Express to bad it's for going back to airport though

So at the weekend I was away for a few days. Went off to Manchester to see my nieces who I haven't seen for two years and to get some disney therapy in

I had a rant about the low fares airline because it's a load of rubbish. You go online to book and it says flight is like 1.99 or whatever but then by the time they finish with taxes and charges your 1.99 flight ends up being like 80 and then if you want to bring a suitcase with you that's another 40 and then to pay with credit card is another 20 and then you have to check in online now and to do that is another 10. Then they say one piece of hand luggage per person and you ahve to try stuff hand bag into carry on and I kept getting emails saying if you buy duty free it has to be able to fit into the carry on as well. I wondered were they going to monitor how many breaths we took while on board and charge for them as well rant over!

Anyways we went off to airport at 1 am on friday as we had early morning flight to Manchester. Of course the trip mascot Angel came along as he can't be left at home and we did some more plane spotting to amuse ourselves in the airport:

When we got to Manchester we got train into city and then attempted to get a taxi to our hotel but the taxi driver dropped us at the wrong hotel :sad2: so we had a little bit of a walk to find our proper hotel and of course got a little lost along the way but we did find China town on our wanderings and I felt it necessary to take a pic of the arch (it looks like the one in Epcot )

We eventually found the hotel and were getting a tad tired and grumpy by the time we did but we couldn't check in before 12 so we left the bags at the hotel. The hotel didn't have somewhere to store the bags which we didn't think was a very good thing. They said leave them at the side of reception and there would always be someone at reception but they had nowhere to store them. There was other bags there as well so we took a chance and just brought everything important with us. We then went off in search of the Trafford Centre which is of course a shopping centre with a disney store
    Once we found it first stop was to food court:

Food Court was really cool because it looked like a ship. Photos aren't great but sure:

Then it was time to go to Disney Best sight ever!

Of course all thoughts of tiredness and grumpiness went away at this point lol and to make it even better they had a 50-70% sale
    So I got Minnie T-shirt:

Eeyore towel:

Stitch Mug:

Two pins, those hair bobbles they have in the parks for 3.95 I got two for 2.20 or something of the sort. I also had a debate about whether or not to buy the white rabbit plushie or mad hatter as they were on sale but ended up not getting either of them. I also asked about Vinylmations as I had seen pictures of a UK exclusive but the CM I asked didn't even know what Vinylmations were never mind why they didn't have any The CM's at the tills were very excited about everything Disney and my momma told them we had our own Disney store in Dublin now and they were very excited about that and asking about the exclusive Dublin merchandise. My momma told them there was none lol! I quickly corrected her and told them all about the fab 5 Irish plushies, the Dublin t-shirts and stationary and Vinylmation. Momma was wondering how she missed it all but the CM's were very excited about it. One of them said she makes a point of finding a disney store everywhere she goes and said she can't wait to visit the Dublin store. I totally forgot I had some pics of the Dublin Exclusive merchandise on my ipod that I could have shown her oh well!!!
    Anyways after that we went back to hotel room for to check in and for a snooze as we were going to visit my sister and nieces that evening.

Saturday we got up and headed shopping again to the second Disney store in Manchester this one was in the Arndale centre but first went into a shop called Primark where I found more cheap disney clothes so got jumper with head mouse on it:

then went for breakfast where we saw these really cute cupcakes. We didn't buy any but I felt I needed a picture to share as they looked cute and yummy:

Then we went to Disney again :

They were advertising cars alot:

and again I bought loads
    Again I asked about Vinylmation and this time got a slightly better answer she knew what they were but said they hadn't had them since they first came out and thinks only some store in UK sell them now so no UK exclusive Vinylmation for me today.
    I did get a little bit of pixie dust although I don't think I was meant to. Went up to pay for everything I'd got which included another pin. Jumper:

T-shirt... front material is different from the back but kinda cool:

Winnie the Pooh mug it's cute and was only 1.49 but has a little crack in the top that I only noticed when I got home. Hopefully if it breaks I can glue it back together:

I also found the Simba doll from the braodway show there for 4 pounds on sale so had to get him since I wanted him last year in New York but wouldn't pay 30 dollars for him:

Then I had this Eeyore who was also on sale and this is where the pixie dust comes in although it wasn't meant to be I'm sure.. first pics of Eeyore:

I thought I saw the CM scanning him and he was only 4 pounds on the sale anyway and so soft and cuddly he had to come home but then when I left the shop and checked the recipt. Eeyore was in the bag but hadn't come up on the receipt. I don't know if he just didn't scan or if she forgot or something but I'm nearly sure I saw her scanning him so i reckon their tills just decided i needed some pixie dust. Maybe we should have gone back and said something but I'm always afraid to do that in case they say we tried to rob or something. oh well i'll take it as pixie dust from Mickey gods looking down on me
    We also went to Build a bear because trip mascot is a build a bear and I noticed really cute Rapunzal dress for build a bear now as well. If you read my last trip report you'll prob guess i like anything sparkly and I got myself Sketchers twinkle toes while in U.S. last year and then I also got light up ones on ebay when I came back well in Build a bear they had twinkle toes for the bears and the twinkle toes they had matched my light up ones except the bears ones didn't light up but I felt that Angel (trip mascot) needed a pair of shoes that matched mine

Random Manchester pic. Ferris wheel was outside the shopping centre:

Shopping done we headed out to see my nieces and sister again. We went into a town near them for my sister to pic up a few things and myself and DN10 found these cute gingerbread cookies:

(sorry he's missing his body DN10 had eaten most of it before I took the pic)
    We had food and then went to one of their local supermarkets for to check out clothes section there for DN13. Going in DN10 and DN13 were kind of bickering and I was like hush now stop fighting and look for Mickey so we all burst out laughing when we went around the corner and found a row of Disney t-shirts. I was like yeah I'm so in tune with Mickey Mouse I can sense when any disney stuff is near I also had to buy another disney t-shirt as it was to true for me:

We spent the evening with the girlies before heading back to our hotel. Then we had an early morning flight again this morning so this time Angel (trip mascot) showed new Eeyore some of the planes:

Going with the rant of low fares airlines. We got to the airport 15 minutes early and there was nobody in our line for to check in our bags so we went up to weigh the case. With the airline you can pay 40 euro for 15kg or 60 euro for 20 kg. We had paid 40 euro but we went to cheap bodycare shop where all shampoos and deodourants etc are half the price that they are at home so had got loads of those and when I weighed the case it was now 16.2kg (it was 10kg coming over with hardly anything in the case) so while we were waiting we took clothes out of case until it got down to 15kg and put them in the hand luggage so by the time we had to check in the suitcase it was exactly 15kg. I was using every KG I paid for and didn't have to pay over-weight luggage charge
    Security went fast that time of the morning as well and the flight was on time everything well and we got home by 9.30:

and went straight to bed when we got in
    It was a fun weekend and great to see my girlies again although I am still wondering where my baby nieces went to DN13 is taller than me but otherwise a semi clone of me same attitude, same likes, same temper and even wants to move to Florida like me She wants to be a marine biologist! I'm luvin it she can work with Shamu and I'll work in Walt Disney world and we can move over there together! DN10 is nearly the same height as me and totally mad in the best way possible!

aw.. sounds like fun.. and a few of your shirts i totallly love love love.. oh by the way.. did that costume ever come in?
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

lol i have 1 month and 4 weeks to go.. and you have 4 months and 1 week to go
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

aw.. sounds like fun.. and a few of your shirts i totallly love love love.. oh by the way.. did that costume ever come in?
    No it never arrived. Do you have a tracking number for it maybe that you could check where it might have disappeared to?

lol i have 1 month and 4 weeks to go.. and you have 4 months and 1 week to go
    Ha I didn't notice that... Although I have 4 days tagged on the end there I need to get rid of as well!
    Last edited by petals3485; 07-23-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Found out today that Candlelight Processional dining packages can be booked from the 26th of July and also found out prices
    So made a few adr changes... I phoned the dining number last month and the nice CM told me I would just be able to add CP package to my current ADR in Garden Grill when the time to book CP came but Garden Grill will be 52.99 and I do believe if the momma decides she's coming (long story!) she will have a heart attack if dinner costs 52.99 soooooooo with that in mind I changed the adr to lunch at Via Napoli as it's the only place I can see us liking the menu so now have adr for 12.45 there as it's 38.99 and I booked Garden Grill for 1st of December instead! Will phone next week and try book CP package with our lunch instead

ok so thinking tickets...
    If momma decides to come (long story short things are very heated at home to the point she might not be coming with... It doesn't really bother me i'll still go only difference will be amount of time spent on disney property will increase ) If she does come I'm thinking 6 day park hopper for disney and one day two park option for Universal will do. However for 50 euro (approx 71 dollars) more I can book a Disney/Universal combo ticket which if momma decides not to go I think would do me better than the 6 day ticket as I can go to the parks more often... Is it a good option though. I took the following from the website selling the ticket option to show what it includes:
    Disney & Universal Combo Ticket - At a glance
    Unlimited access to all six Disney Theme Parks for 14 consecutive days.
    Unlimited access to Universal Studios® and Universal's Islands of Adventure® for 14 consecutive days.
    You can visit more than one park in the same day.
    Unlimited use of the Disney transportation system.
    Includes Disney Fast Pass.
    Use of Disney’s Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course.
    Admission to Universal CityWalk® for 14 consecutive days.
    I won't use the Universal ticket for 12 days maybe two at most but just think it might be good that way in case I'm going solo... Any thoughts?

I saw Car 2 tonight It's pretty much action action action and be nice to your friends! Luvin it! There was also a Toy Story short before it called Hawaii Vaction very funny!

okie.. justs saw your reply i will check with my post office and see what they can do.. i feel just awful about it not getting to you ****.. because there was something in there for you

but about your trip.. how much is that pass your thinking of getting??? it sounds like a great deal!

and we went last week and saw pooh and the nessie short before the movie was so cute and i seen on the disney shopping page they have a stuffed nessie and bug loved the lil sea monster.. said she was so cute
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

okie.. justs saw your reply i will check with my post office and see what they can do.. i feel just awful about it not getting to you ****.. because there was something in there for you

but about your trip.. how much is that pass your thinking of getting??? it sounds like a great deal!

and we went last week and saw pooh and the nessie short before the movie was so cute and i seen on the disney shopping page they have a stuffed nessie and bug loved the lil sea monster.. said she was so cute
    Don't worry. Would just like to know where your costume got to.

In euro the pass is 374 (approx 536 dollars) whereas if I buy the tickets for 6 day park hopper for disney and one day two park pass for universal it's 320 euro approx (so approx 459.) It looks like a bigger difference in dollars though. In euor it's 54 euro in the difference. I don't know yet if my trip buddy is definately coming with or not as there's talk of her cancelling her part of the trip?! eitherway though I'm still going

I haven't seen pooh yet. My nephew wouldn't come with he said it was for babies (he's 6!) but it's out on dvd over here next month

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast