Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report! in the Vacation Planning forums; See why I finished my last trip report tonight I have news I've been throwing this trip idea around for a while. Last year as you will know if you've ...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report!

See why I finished my last trip report tonight
    I have news

I've been throwing this trip idea around for a while. Last year as you will know if you've read my trip report we went in September so got to see some of the parks with the Hallowe'en stuff out and I loved the MNSSHP. So I want to now see the parks at Christmas time. I asked at home and was a flat out No i'm not going back to the same place for a fifth time. So I went ok I'll go myself.
    I've had a rough start of the year and long story short had a semi meltdown cos of all the rubbish that was coming my way. Disney makes me happy so whether someone was coming with me or not I was thinking I needed a Disney trip of some sort as Disney Therapy to cheer me up.
    So I decided November/December so could see the parks at Christmas time picked dates and started pricing while still trying to talk someone into coming with me....

Skip to today when it became official. We're going to Walt Disney World in November for TWO weeks. Yes I said we.. Cast will be the same as last time but no move to NY this time. Just Florida for an entire two weeks.
    We're staying off property for the first 12 days and then for the first time ever we're going to stay in a Disney hotel and if you read my first trip report I mentioned a quick stop at a certain hotel bus stop and I'm getting my wish because we're going to stay in POP Century for two nights before we go home and afaik we're getting Magical Express back to airport although I think then it becomes the unmagical express but I still get to go on the Disney Bus this time.
    Have many plans in my head already we're going to go to MVMCP one night and of course I'm still on my mission to find and see things we've never done before because I've learned so much about Disney from these forums so have learned of everything we've been missing
    We need to see Epcot properly so that'll get a day to itself. I want to see all the Christmas stuff. Then there's the boardwalk we've never been there so want to visit just to see it. Hoping we might see the water pagent at some stage as well if it's running. Also there's talk of a trip to Discovery Cove again. I did that when I was in Florida in 2005 with the dancers. It was an early 21st birthday present from my mommy so would be nice and lucky to do it a second time.
    So so so excited to start planning all of this because the start of this year has been absolutely horrible and need something to pick me up and think Disney definately will
    Last edited by petals3485; 06-27-2011 at 07:25 PM.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: Disney Therapy needed... pre trip report!

awesome!! congrats!! disney trips are the best!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Great news, congrats.

Thanky doo I'm so excited about it
    Also our flight is direct this time so we don't have to change in Atlanta or Newark

Is thanksgiving day the 25th of November? We don't have that over here... Any tips on what we could do for that day?

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thats great news, I hope the rest of the year is better for you, some Disney magic sounds just what you need. We get to see the Christmas decorations for the first time this year and can't wait

Hopefully year will get better. Don't think I can take anymore stress..
    On a plus though wasn't able to take aprt in local musical this year for first time in three years for various reasons and really missed doing it. The show is on next week andi've found a way to be involved. I'm going to be doing backstage crew... So happy to be involved

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

the 24th i believe is thanksgiving.. and i would think liberty tree tavern is a perfect thanksgiving dinner place

All you can eat Family Style - Tossed mixed Greens, Roasted Turkey Breast, Carved Beef and Smoked Ham with Mashed Potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing and Mac and cheese. Apple crisp with Ice cream - $29.99

that sounds like our thanksgiving dinner here at home
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    the 24th i believe is thanksgiving.. and i would think liberty tree tavern is a perfect thanksgiving dinner place

All you can eat Family Style - Tossed mixed Greens, Roasted Turkey Breast, Carved Beef and Smoked Ham with Mashed Potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing and Mac and cheese. Apple crisp with Ice cream - $29.99

that sounds like our thanksgiving dinner here at home

If it's the 24th then we won't be there til that evening. We're flying all day on the 24th but we get to Orlando at 16:50 so prob be at our hotel by 7 ish and will probably zonk the minute we get there. Flights look really funny cos we got our depart time in Irish time and our arrival time in U.S. time so looks like flight is only 4 hours long... Have to add the 5 hour time difference ourselve

mrsksomeday is offline A-Ticket holder

Congrats on getting to go to WDW for that long. We went last year during that time frame and are going again. It is so beautiful with all the Christmas things, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
    Congrats on getting to go to WDW for that long. We went last year during that time frame and are going again. It is so beautiful with all the Christmas things, you will love it.
    Going to America we wouldn't go for any shorter than 10-14 days as because of long flights we pretty much lose two days from our trip.

i hear ya on that.. my hubby wants to go to new zealand and the flight would take us forever!!! we'd be so tired when we got there.. and his company wont let him be away no longer than a week at a time.. he did get 2 weeks when tayen was born but thats because they didnt want him filing a medical leave.. so they let him use 2 vacations at once
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i hear ya on that.. my hubby wants to go to new zealand and the flight would take us forever!!! we'd be so tired when we got there.. and his company wont let him be away no longer than a week at a time.. he did get 2 weeks when tayen was born but thats because they didnt want him filing a medical leave.. so they let him use 2 vacations at once
    That's kinda crappy that he can't take longer. We have a set amount days off in the year and we can take them all together if we want.

I read somewhere that MVMCP dates are going to be announced on 1st of May wonder if it's true
    Last edited by petals3485; 05-03-2011 at 08:21 PM.

i hope so and the MNSSHP dates too.. i also heard that may 2nd the free dinning dates may be released to the public
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Whoop whoop for holiday news!

Tickets went on sale for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party.. Now this was good and bad news for me... I've already started planning a schedule although it's open to change (kind of) but I always leave our full Magic Kingdom day until our last Park day because I want to end with Wishes. The Christmas Party has ruined this plan because it's on Wednesday's as well this year and our last full park day was a Wednesday and also cos we move to POP the day before I was hoping to see the opening of the park cos we've never seen that but now have to rearrange that day a bit

BUT I did book the MVMCP for the 6th they day we move up to POP and I also booked Discovery Cove for the 2nd.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast