Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss May 2011 pre-trip report in the Vacation Planning forums; So with less than a week to go I thought I would share our plan for May. We are so excited as last year we did the 14 night Westbound ...
    TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

May 2011 pre-trip report

So with less than a week to go I thought I would share our plan for May.

We are so excited as last year we did the 14 night Westbound transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic from Barcelona to Florida which was absolutely fantastic however it meant no WDW in 2010 so we can't wait to go back.

Anyway I'm Tim, I'm 34 and love Disney, I love everything about it, the history, the parks, Disney Cruise Line, the films, the merchandise, the attention to detail EVERYTHING. I'm married to Kerrie also a huge Disney fan which although good for vacations is not so good when we could do with one of us being sensible and saying "no lets spend some money on the house this year" lol, but what the heck, life isn't a dress rehearsal right?

I'm really excited about going in May, we've been once in January but we usually visit in September or October so am really looking forward to seeing the Flower & Garden Festival and also catching one of the Star Wars weekends.
    We seem to have more crammed into this trip than any we've had before including a 3 night cruise on the Disney Dream, Flower & Garden festival, Star Wars Weekend, Wild Africa Trek and loads of ADR's we are also meeting Cara (missbounce) and probably the highlight of the trip, we have a 6 hour tour booked with Lou

These are our are plans:

Friday May 13th: We are driving to Manchester Airport and staying overnight at the Radisson hotel (might as well start the trip a day early )

Saturday May 14th: Catch an early flight with British Airways to London Gatwick and then onto Orlando International. Pick up a hire car before making a trip to Walmart. We got an Owners Locker last year so are only bringing hand luggage with minimum clothes buying anything else we need there and leaving it in the locker. After Walmart we are checking into All Star Sports and then (hopefully) going to Magic Kingdom for the Electrical Parade and Wishes (M.K. is also open until 1am, if we can manage it lol)

Sunday May 15th: It's the last day of the Flower & Garden Festival so we are spending all day at Epcot, we also have ADR's at Les Chefs de France and the Rose & Crown. Magic Kingdom is also open until 2am so we'll see how we feel after Illuminations.

Monday May 16th: Hollywood Studios until the afternoon before going to Magic Kingdom, we have an ADR at the Liberty Tree Tavern and afterwards are meeting Cara (missbounce) and then watching the Electrical parade and Wishes. The Studios are open until 1am so might see if we can stay awake.

Tuesday May 17th: Animal Kingdom until late afternoon and then Epcot afterwards, we also have ADR's at the Rainforest Cafe and the Rose & Crown.

Wednesday May 18th: Magic Kingdom all day.

Thursday May 19/20/21st: Leave All Star Sports and drive to Port Canaveral to board the Disney Dream for a 3 day cruise, we are also on-board for the premiere of POTC 4

Sunday May 22nd: Leave the Disney Dream and head back to WDW, possibly visit Downtown Disney, the Boardwalk or Celebration. We have an ADR at Tony's Town Square and check-in at Kidani Village in the afternoon. Undecided on the night but Magic Kingdom is open until 3am.

Monday May 23rd: 6 hour tour of the Magic Kingdom with Lou followed by Epcot and an ADR at Via Napoli.

Tuesday May 24th: Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom, ADR at Jiko and then possibly Epcot.

Wednesday May 25th: Check-out of Kidani Village and then possibly Magic Kingdom. Check into Bay Lake Tower in the afternoon followed by an ADR at California Grill and then decide on the rest of the night.

Thursday May 26th: Morning un-decided, lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon possibly followed by the Magic Kingdom.

Friday May 27th: Hollywood Studios for Star Wars week-ends followed by Epcot in the evening and an ADR at Le Cellier.

Saturday May 28th: Check out of Bay Lake Tower then possibly spend some time at Magic Kingdom before driving to the airport to fly home.

I also want to try Characters in Flight at some point and we'll probably have a quick shopping trip (very quick )
    Last edited by TheLionKing; 05-09-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Steamboat Eddie is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: May 2011 pre-trip report

well let me tell you how jealous that makes me lol !! you guys have a Lou tour booked, that's amazing !

best wishes for an awesome trip, enjoy !

Steamboat Eddie is offline A-Ticket holder

oh, one more thing, you will love characters in flight. the view is amazing!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looks great, have a fantastic time.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

sounds like busy people too me.. wish i was me.. but i cant get te hubby on a cruise ship for nothing
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Yensid23 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Wow, Tim this sounds like a wonderful trip. I look forward to hearing how it went. I am jealous you are taking a tour with Lou. I can't wait to book mine. Have fun!
    See ya,

Melissa

There are some things in my life that I'll never understand but they become the force that makes me who I am.

My trips:
    1975-1989 - WDW- numerous (all off property)
    March 1993 - Disneyland (off property)
    July 1994 - Disneyland (off property)
    October 1997 - All-Star Sports
    June 2003- Pop Century
    November 2003 - Pop Century
    July 2007 - Poly
    December 2008 - Yacht Club
    January 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    March 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 2012 - Disneyland - Grand Californian

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

That is some trip you got on hand there...sounds like a lot of fun. Have fun! Can't wait to hear about that massive trip.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

cant wait to hear more bout it...trip report n pics??
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048